PDA

View Full Version : Road works...

Ste L
14-11-09, 07:47 PM
they are re-surfacing the main road near mine....

where i live you need to go down a one way road, and they've blocked access to it :o

basically, they are doing work on the main road, they are doing the side closest to the one way road near mine, so it's all coned and fenced off, and you cant turn left to get to the oneway road, to get to mine..

here's an image of what i mean

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/5034/roadworks.jpg

it's ****ing stupid, especially on a saturday night

mowgli
14-11-09, 07:52 PM
are they actually working thru the night on it???

if yes, then you are stuffed....

if no, then go out and get kicking the cones

Ste L
14-11-09, 07:56 PM
yes doing the work on it tonight, did the otherside last night...

i dont think i need to go out again tonight so it should be ok, told them to **** off before as i needed to get in, and they wasn't doing any work right then

L33 LEG
14-11-09, 07:58 PM
i hate roadworks. they give you no warning and then put a sign saying 'ramp' right next to the bloody thing and being in my coupe it is impossible to get over it.

however, that one by you seems like a right ballache!

Spudly
14-11-09, 08:01 PM
i hate roadworks. they give you no warning and then put a sign saying 'ramp' right next to the bloody thing and being in my coupe it is impossible to get over it.

I hate this aswell, as people dont expect you to have to slow to almost a crawl to get up/over the aforementioned 'ramp' and nearly go up your back end too:cry:

Rich
14-11-09, 08:05 PM
I love roadworks and the traffic it causes

mowgli
14-11-09, 08:09 PM
there are strict rules about roadworks signeage.... and most roadworkers can't be ar$ed to keep going & putting them back up after cars or kids knock them down..

from a roadworkers point of view, you can see all forms of human nature by simply digging the road up. the best ones are the idiots that hurl abuse or worse out the window, then later try to drive back down the road thru the temporary lights......i had one idiot in a van overtake 5 cars on red and come sailing up the roadworks, which were 200yds long with a blind bend. the other cars were already coming, and i stood in the road in front of him and made him reverse all the way out to behind the cars he just passed & advised him that i had a photo of him & his van & it he wanted to get clever with me I'd ring the old bill....

L33 LEG
14-11-09, 08:15 PM
I hate this aswell, as people dont expect you to have to slow to almost a crawl to get up/over the aforementioned 'ramp' and nearly go up your back end too:cry:

it's the front end i am more bothered about, it simply isnt possible to get over most of the ramps. i can see me next time causing the biggest jam ever and making everyone reverse for me so i can turn around lol

Ste L
14-11-09, 08:15 PM
however, that one by you seems like a right ballache!

can say that again, hopefully it's just for tonight where it is

draper
14-11-09, 08:24 PM
so, everyone moans about the state of the roads in the first place - then moans when there dug up and/or resurfaced

same as people would moan if the gas/elec/water stopped because works werent carried out in time ??

it needs doing, end of - its not like its forever is it - man up

MK999
14-11-09, 08:26 PM
I've had one near me before, which they turned into a set of 4 way traffic lights jamming up a fairly simple road system by turning into a massive single lane cross roads... when they could have quite easily put lights at either end of where they were working on the single road and not caused anywhere near as much hassle.

Oh also, tree fell down in the road near me earlier, which I quite easily avoided while staying on my side of the road, police come along, park their car across one lane and cone it all off for 50-100 yards lol

Ste L
14-11-09, 08:27 PM
im not moaning about the fact its being done, just the fact they block the ONLY entrance to that road, so the couple of hundred people who live down there, and off all the side road etc, can physically get to their house!

L33 LEG
14-11-09, 08:45 PM
so, everyone moans about the state of the roads in the first place - then moans when there dug up and/or resurfaced

same as people would moan if the gas/elec/water stopped because works werent carried out in time ??

it needs doing, end of - its not like its forever is it - man up

that is a very fair point. however, all im asking for is a bit of an earlier notice so i can go elsewhere. saying that though it is my own fault for having such an unpractical car lol

mowgli
14-11-09, 08:46 PM
isn't it a yaris??

auzzy-b
14-11-09, 09:07 PM
Us brits seem to do everything the hard way, a mate of mine was over in america for a week not long ago when part of a bridge had just collapse, it was fully repaired and finished before he left..
It wouldn't suprise me if that road will take them another 3 weeks lol

MK999
14-11-09, 09:08 PM
isn't it a yaris??

Yeah it's lowered a lot though and neons are delicate.

Richie_B
15-11-09, 01:41 AM
And you can't go down from the road at the top of the picture instead of the junction on the right?

Ste L
15-11-09, 05:43 AM
And you can't go down from the road at the top of the picture instead of the junction on the right?

dont understand :confused: