PDA

View Full Version : Throttle bodies

Angus Closier
12-11-09, 07:12 PM
Right this may have been covered at some point before, if so point me in the right direction.
Has anyone made there own? Im just wondering what is so hard about them? if you could make copys of some real ones? thanks

pikey1986
12-11-09, 07:21 PM
it'll be cheaper to just buy them, plenty of them about and easy enough to adapt them to fit most cars

Angus Closier
12-11-09, 07:24 PM
How would it be cheaper to buy them? I have access to everything in need to make them? just materials to buy? I don't want bike carbs/tbs

MARTIN KELSON
12-11-09, 08:03 PM
Have you looked at how intricate a set of Jenvey / SBD throttle bodies are?

I grant you, you could make them if:
1. Your a sh1t hot machine engineer.
2. You have the engineering drawings to make such an item.

I also agree in long term cheaper to go to the experts & buy them.

Angus Closier
12-11-09, 09:08 PM
Yes I have looked into this, Iv also seen a set made by my teacher at college and having had them on the rolling road they are the same as a set of jenveys? he said it was not hard to make them, I'm not planning on doing the machining them myself, insted my mate said he would do it for me. was just intrested to see if anyone had done it before? seems like people are very anti doing it yourself and very up for just spending money and fitting it to there car? I was only asking if anyone had done it and not it was going to cost loads...

Stuart
12-11-09, 09:42 PM
probably not identicle to jenveys.

in principle you want the engine end to have a DCOE flange fitting and then do WTF you want with the rest of it. The butterfly isnt a perfect circle for reference ;) You will want some sort of idle air bypass (you can do it with throttle stops but its less than accurate).

good luck..... you will need it.

16v Nova Kev
12-11-09, 09:44 PM
How would it be cheaper to buy them? I have access to everything in need to make them? just materials to buy? I don't want bike carbs/tbs

why dont you want bike carbs/tbs:wtf:

Angus Closier
13-11-09, 03:23 PM
Its not that I dont want tbs just love to do things myself, seeing what you guys have said it seems like it would be easier just to get some bike carbs or somthing. was just somthing I was unclear about and just wanted to get some gen! hmmm ok well thanks

saloon3
13-11-09, 04:40 PM
Buy a set of bike carbs/tb's take all the throttle linkages and fuel bars apart..then make a manifold with straight inlets , make new linkages and bars for carbs. that will keep mind and body busy... ps post pics of the finished article.

16v Nova Kev
13-11-09, 07:52 PM
im making a set of these.
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg8/16vnovakev/biketbs.jpg

Angus Closier
13-11-09, 08:01 PM
Can I get some gen on these? looks intresting!

Dar
13-11-09, 09:15 PM
http://www.jenvey.co.uk/drawings/SF1_bbw.gif

Jenvey have the drawings, if you have the machenery, then off you go :d
http://www.jenvey.co.uk/

16v Nova Kev
13-11-09, 09:55 PM
nice find dar. i recon if you could make your own tbs you would be a god

vauxluva
13-11-09, 09:58 PM
that is some **** hot engineering if u can pull it off im doin n.vq level 2 wedling+enginering that looks v hard if u do go ahead with this let me no how u get on +what you needed?? cheers !! like he said good find