PDA

View Full Version : Corsa B horn

adam c
12-11-09, 07:01 PM
I know i know its a Nova forum but they are pretty similar and both vauxhall!Theres a Corsa B here and the horn doesnt work when you press the button on the steering wheel.

I've made sure the actual horn unit is okay and working(which it is) and i've tried looking for a fuse but couldnt find one:confused: theres just a relay for the horn in the fusebox which i would try swap with another but the only relay which looks the same is for the rear window heater(which also doesnt work dunno if its anything to do with it:confused: )

Is there any easy known faults with them or is it a case of just checking making sure the wiring is okay everywhere?

BTW its a R reg with airbag steering wheel

Mazz
12-11-09, 07:23 PM
If its like a Nova push button horn, pull the front off the steering wheels and touch the wires see if that works. It might not be making a good contact on the ring either

adam c
12-11-09, 07:44 PM
Its a airbag wheel with just 2 buttons either side.Wish it was as simple as a nova!lol

benton101
14-11-09, 12:13 PM
there are two star shape screws in behind the steering wheel remove them and take the air bag unit off, it will be attached with a wire so just unplug it and it will come off no probs then you will see the wires for the horn setup inside of there, cut them back a bit and touch them together and see if the horn works, or use a multi meter on the wires and press the button and if you get signal its not the button if you dont get a signal then there is a bad connection to the plug.
hope that helps

GDN16v
15-11-09, 12:11 PM
The wires that run to the horn usually touch the bumper bar and rub through and make a short circuit. Take the bumper off and check the wiring as thats what it was on my brothers corsa!

Horn didint work, rear heated window, interior light and the stereo didnt work all due to that problem!:thumb: