PDA

View Full Version : Removing Dash

Ben (lurk75)
18-03-03, 10:11 AM
Cars being painted next week (inside)

Just wondering how long it takes to get the dash out? 1 hour or 5 hours? also is it still driveable without it?

whitey
18-03-03, 12:53 PM
1 hour tops to be honest! and that is TOPS!

Steering wheel will take the longest! Could make it days if you dont already have a replacement one!

Yeah it is still drivable, dunno if the old bill would be too happy though if they pulled you with just the steering wheel put back on and no speedo etc!

mikeoxford
18-03-03, 01:49 PM
so long as you have your guages and speedo somewhere even if only loose youll be fine......

mikeoxford
18-03-03, 01:50 PM
dont think theres a law as such, just like they said they wouldnt be happy.

and to get the dash out is an hours job EASILY, no longer than that!

hardest part is the wheel, so prepared for AGRO if its never been off

having said that both my steering wheels (first & second nova) were pi$$ ! :lol: 8) :twisted:

whitey
18-03-03, 04:57 PM
dont think theres a law as such, just like they said they wouldnt be happy.

and to get the dash out is an hours job EASILY, no longer than that!

hardest part is the wheel, so prepared for AGRO if its never been off

having said that both my steering wheels (first & second nova) were pi$$ ! :lol: 8) :twisted:

Mike sorry but why have you simply repeated EXACTLY what i have said more a less!?!? Is there any need?

Stuart
18-03-03, 05:23 PM
more to the point why does he always have to put two posts one after the other?? dosent the "edit" button mean anything to you?????????

but then again you are a post monkey lol

whitey
18-03-03, 05:25 PM
ANOTHER YESSSSS!!!!

Goto muppet:

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71177&start=15

and post that there PLEASE!!!

Ben (lurk75)
18-03-03, 09:40 PM
Thats cool we are towing it to the spray shop and just wondered if it will steer etc ok without the dash, the police wont be intrested in that more likely that there is not mot, tax and the engine wont start, there is no seats, seat belts the list goes on...

mikeoxford
18-03-03, 10:22 PM
ANOTHER YESSSSS!!!!

Goto muppet:

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71177&start=15

and post that there PLEASE!!!

fcuk off

Ben (lurk75)
18-03-03, 10:27 PM
all of you fcuk off and leave my post nice and tidy you messy buggers!

mikeoxford
18-03-03, 10:30 PM
you tell em!

dikharvey
19-03-03, 12:19 AM
A little advice when removing the steering wheel dont take the bolt off completely leave it on a bit and then hit the steering wheel as hard as possible over and over again. when it comes off it won't pop off and smack you in the head! Im talking from a near experience.

novarally9999
19-03-03, 05:32 PM
be prepared to get a three legged puller to get it off - my corsa and nova steering wheels have resisted all I could throw at them with a hammer !

Ben (lurk75)
19-03-03, 10:00 PM
Its a replacement wheel anyway so have to remove the hub.

Wiggie
20-03-03, 10:29 PM
A little advice when removing the steering wheel dont take the bolt off completely leave it on a bit and then hit the steering wheel as hard as possible over and over again. when it comes off it won't pop off and smack you in the head! Im talking from a near experience.

:lol: chuckle!

Ben (lurk75)
21-03-03, 05:34 PM
I know a guy who nearly broke his nose doing it. It was funny as fook. He was 17 and worked at my old place, he came in with a black eye and swollen nose. We thought he had been beaten up then he said what happened and we tore into him for about a year after.

mikeoxford
22-03-03, 12:05 AM
I know a guy who nearly broke his nose doing it. It was funny as fook. He was 17 and worked at my old place, he came in with a black eye and swollen nose. We thought he had been beaten up then he said what happened and we tore into him for about a year after.

:lol: :lol: LMFAO