PDA

View Full Version : Meat anyone?

Nova_Tek
10-11-09, 03:37 PM
Was just chatting to a mate and the topic of meat come up and we ended up just listing each other what types of meat/animal we had ingested and I was rather surprised how many different animals I have eaten.

So for fun thought I'd start something on here to see the variety of animals that have satisifed PNG's stomach.

I'll start it off:

Beef (also Veal)
Lamb
Goat
Chicken
Quail
Rabbit
Pheasant
Pigeon (not the ones that you find at Nelson's Column but the speically bred ones)
Deer
Duck
Turkey
Goose
Ostrich
Partridge/Grouse
Fish (Not going to mention all the types of fish as the list would be crazy long for most of us)

Sure there are a few more that haven't come to mind lol

wwmnw
10-11-09, 03:39 PM
inb4vagina.

Nova_Tek
10-11-09, 03:41 PM
Don't qute ingest that type of meat though wwmnw lol

General Lee
10-11-09, 03:43 PM
inb4vagina. lol lol lol

roo (kangaroo)

wwmnw
10-11-09, 03:45 PM
Cannibalism ftw :p I've had most the what you put plus shark, just fish really, I think :confused: I've never had ostrich deer or pigeon yet.

Nova_Tek
10-11-09, 03:46 PM
Think I've tried Kangaroo or was it Crocodile can't rmember but it was one of them lol

Ostrich is actually healthy as its 0% cholesterol

Tidy Max
10-11-09, 04:15 PM
farkin munch out me mate :)

in new zealand the fish used in your regular 'fish and chips' is shark i thinks! its alright just like any other white fish!

i really enjoy eating game, nom nom nom, rich and meaty, and veal and venison are both awesome! get em while they are young and all that!

Ste L
10-11-09, 04:23 PM
mmmm MEAT

http://ephemerist.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/meat47hands01.jpg

Lynsey
10-11-09, 04:24 PM
Chicken
Beef
Lamb
Turkey
Pork
Duck

I'm not at all interested in trying ANYTHING else!

mayhem
10-11-09, 04:28 PM
try kangaroo, its really great.

joeSRI
10-11-09, 04:42 PM
Squid mmm

auzzy2000
10-11-09, 04:44 PM
crab/lobster/kray fish/crocodile.and all of the above

Dar
10-11-09, 06:08 PM
I've eaten a fair few bluebottles whilst cycling.

Spudly
10-11-09, 06:36 PM
I've eaten a fair few bluebottles whilst cycling.

That mustve been a mouthful for you lol

smcgsi16v
10-11-09, 07:04 PM
Hedgehog
Jackdaw

They are both very tasty.

wwmnw
10-11-09, 07:08 PM
Hedgehog
Jackdaw

They are both very tasty.

Hedgehog :wtf: hardly any meat on one of them.

Angus Closier
10-11-09, 07:17 PM
Dads a beef farmer so don't get much more than that at home! OOO and lamb... funny this should come up... most people only eat a certain few cuts of beef and lamb try other cuts you normally would not have! I personally think the cheaper cuts are the best!!

smcgsi16v
10-11-09, 07:17 PM
Enough for one person.

The only problem is if your feeding a whole household its a bit of a struggle killing enough of them.

pikey1986
10-11-09, 07:20 PM
ive tried- wild bore, kangaroo, pigeon, partridge, ostridge, duck, goose, chicken, beef, lamb, pork

Mike
10-11-09, 07:26 PM
Ive had alligator, was nice TBH.

Shark is also well yummy!

mowgli
10-11-09, 07:54 PM
i've had a doner kebab, I'll challenge anyone to name the exotic material in one of them.......

seriously, rabbit, hare, guinea fowl, partridge, pidgeon (the wild type),
basically loads of meat that needs the lead shot spitting out of......

I have a particular aversion to seafood. my mum is a wonderful cook, but simply can't do fish, & she put me right off it, then more recently, I nearly died when choking on clam chowder

pikey1986
10-11-09, 08:03 PM
the only seafood i eat has to be deep fried and wrapped in batter or bread crumbs lol, i cant stand the stuff

novaguy08
10-11-09, 08:18 PM
Beef
Pork
Chicken
Mutton
Lamb
turkey
Duck
Horse (I think, was in germany at the time an thats what I was told it was!)
Pigeon (tastes like liver!)
Many many different fish!

Thats about it!

Bubba
10-11-09, 11:34 PM
kebab is the scrapings of the slaughter house ;) its amazing how they get it so tastey haha

had the usual lamb beef chicken...and HORSE no1 else seems to have put that

Rysee
10-11-09, 11:39 PM
I ate your mum

Hobbit
11-11-09, 03:33 AM
Off the top of my head

Beef
Lamb
Chicken
Pork
Quail
Hare
Guinea fowl
Rabbit
Pheasant
Deer
Duck
Turkey
Goose
Partridge
Wild boar
Frogs
Horse
Octupus
Snails

again funk loads of different fish/seafood

My dads a chef and I was told i couldnt say I didnt like something till I tried it lol

Nova_Tek
11-11-09, 09:50 AM
I don't eat pork and would never eat anything slimey like snails and frogs etc.

Have had octopus, squid, oysters, those who eat tuna from tins have had a good chance eating dolphin or whale meat lol.

Hare is one I forgot to mention. Gotta have strong teeth for game and other hunted animals as the lead can be quite damaging ;)

I very much do the same, try it first and then decide if it's nice or not. But if it's meat and not slimey then 99% I'm gonna like it.

I've also had parts of animals that most people wouldn't dream of eating. Brain, tongue, heart, kidney, liver (most of you have probably tried liver & kidney), balls lol would never go near eyes though just looks disgusting (coming from a bloke that eats brain lol)

General Lee
11-11-09, 12:11 PM
I think vegi's would hang themself if they saw this thread.

Nova_Tek
11-11-09, 12:18 PM
lol should've put a warning come to think of it

Tidy Max
11-11-09, 12:51 PM
i wouldnt munch an eye ball, really want to try bollocks, had a discusssion with a butcher last week actually about sheeps nads, i was claiming that they are called sweet breads, to which he said its a common error to call them sweet breads and sweet breads are actually glands from the sheep

Nova_Tek
11-11-09, 12:54 PM
With nads it all depends how they are cooked, need to be grilled preferably over charcoal and that way theres no chance of them being disgusting like you see on the adult nayured game shows where they munch steamed nads to make them look and taste b*ll*x lol

rubachuk
11-11-09, 01:03 PM
I've worked in China a bit and I've been out for a few meals where the conversation has gone like this....

Me: "What's this?"
Waiter: "Meat"
Me: "No, what sort of meat?"
Waiter: "Just meat"
Me: "What animal is it from?"
Waiter: "Is just meat"
Me: "Cow, sheep, chicken?"
Waiter: "Is meat"

So fook knows what that was. Also been in a Korean restaurant over there, the menu had pages of chicken, beef, pork, etc and then a page of this mysterious "meat", although I suspect I know what that may have been. Yip

One of the guys I work with got ambushed with monkey brains served in the monkeys skull while we were out there with some suppliers. It's not cool to refuse their hospitality

Nova_Tek
11-11-09, 01:10 PM
lol 'is meat'

My dad has been to the far east and has told me some 'unsual' stories involving meat.

Always loved this image from the Simpsons

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs38/f/2008/315/8/c/Simpsons_Food_Chain_by_SpacePlatypus.jpg

lol cracks me up

novaguy08
11-11-09, 03:18 PM
I've worked in China a bit and I've been out for a few meals where the conversation has gone like this....

Me: "What's this?"
Waiter: "Meat"
Me: "No, what sort of meat?"
Waiter: "Just meat"
Me: "What animal is it from?"
Waiter: "Is just meat"
Me: "Cow, sheep, chicken?"
Waiter: "Is meat"

So fook knows what that was. Also been in a Korean restaurant over there, the menu had pages of chicken, beef, pork, etc and then a page of this mysterious "meat", although I suspect I know what that may have been. Yip

One of the guys I work with got ambushed with monkey brains served in the monkeys skull while we were out there with some suppliers. It's not cool to refuse their hospitality

Heard about the money brains thing........ Apparently they been doing it raw still in a slightly sedated LIVE monkey! Allbeit illegal!! There are millions of weird and odd customs out there that would turn peoples stomachs! My favourite Ive heard of is letting you choose a live meat, then they kill it in front of you so that you can see thats what your getting............ sounds delicious, especially if you decide to have beef!

Nova_Tek
11-11-09, 03:20 PM
Bit like Mr. Burns in one of the Simpsons episodes lol

Tidy Max
11-11-09, 03:20 PM
id chow down on a dog me, i recon it would taste alright

rubachuk
11-11-09, 03:30 PM
Heard about the money brains thing........ Apparently they been doing it raw still in a slightly sedated LIVE monkey! Allbeit illegal!! There are millions of weird and odd customs out there that would turn peoples stomachs! My favourite Ive heard of is letting you choose a live meat, then they kill it in front of you so that you can see thats what your getting............ sounds delicious, especially if you decide to have beef!
One from the lad in the hotel bar:

In some rural areas, in the west, they tie up a donkey and throw boiling oil on it's back. They're paralysed by the pain and they slice the meat off while it's still alive. They reckon when an animal dies chemicals are released which changes the flavour of the meat

Tidy Max
11-11-09, 03:37 PM
nice!

wouldnt what the crispy back meat tastes like? pork scratchings?

novaguy08
11-11-09, 08:09 PM
One from the lad in the hotel bar:

In some rural areas, in the west, they tie up a donkey and throw boiling oil on it's back. They're paralysed by the pain and they slice the meat off while it's still alive. They reckon when an animal dies chemicals are released which changes the flavour of the meat

Meat has to be matured or it would be very very chewy!

Doing that would just make it worse! whole thing would be like eating rubber!

Nova_Tek
12-11-09, 12:06 PM
And a stressed animal at time of slaughter makes things all the more worse.

rubachuk
12-11-09, 12:41 PM
Meat has to be matured or it would be very very chewy!

Doing that would just make it worse! whole thing would be like eating rubber!
We're talking about people who think the bits we throw away are delecasies (sp?), ie chickens feet and tongues.

Not a donkey but see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgj-jx1-jmc

Nova_Tek
12-11-09, 12:48 PM
I love Chinese food but I thank the Lord that none of that stuff is available to eat at my fave Chinese restaurant. Think I would totally stop going there.

projctnova
12-11-09, 12:52 PM
snake was wierd.....my local booths supermarket does a range including all the snake, crocodile, ostritch etc.

Nova_Tek
12-11-09, 12:58 PM
^ alive?

rubachuk
12-11-09, 03:10 PM
lol