PDA

View Full Version : C20xe Fitting Few Quick Questions

--ToM--
10-11-09, 11:41 AM
Hi guys, iv put XEs in corsas many times but im about to put one into my nova this weekend and have a few quick questions id like to get to grips with so i can just get on with it on saturday!!!!!

Iv had a look at the tutorial guide on here and theres just a few other things if anyone can help me with id appreciate it very much.

Iv got my engine box loom ecu etc and hav just bought the chris astley fitting kit complete with mount shafts cvs hubs gbox and ARB spacers all i want to know is.

= Does anyone have a tutorial guide link with pictures maybe...??
= I want to know how to use the geabox spacers
= Do i use the original front gbox mount that was holding my original F13 box in place?? will it bolt straight onto my f20??
= and which rear mount do i use? the one that was on my f13 or the one that came with the engine??

Any onther usefull tips advice front the veterans would be a massive help!!!!

thanks in advance tom

mart25
10-11-09, 01:33 PM
Hi guys, iv put XEs in corsas many times but im about to put one into my nova this weekend and have a few quick questions id like to get to grips with so i can just get on with it on saturday!!!!!

Iv had a look at the tutorial guide on here and theres just a few other things if anyone can help me with id appreciate it very much.

Iv got my engine box loom ecu etc and hav just bought the chris astley fitting kit complete with mount shafts cvs hubs gbox and ARB spacers all i want to know is.

= Does anyone have a tutorial guide link with pictures maybe...??
= I want to know how to use the geabox spacers
= Do i use the original front gbox mount that was holding my original F13 box in place?? will it bolt straight onto my f20??
= and which rear mount do i use? the one that was on my f13 or the one that came with the engine??

Any onther usefull tips advice front the veterans would be a massive help!!!!

thanks in advance tom

gearbox spacers go inbetween gearbox and gearbox mount just where the two bolts screw in as normal.
use both front and rear box mounts from original car (f13) they fit straight on fine.
plate kit not sure sorry as never used one... hope this helps. :thumb: :thumb:

John
10-11-09, 01:36 PM
follow simps' guide in the tech section for the rear gbox mount.

--ToM--
10-11-09, 01:42 PM
ahhh cool i see now cheers guys, im going to need a standard nova rear mount now :( grrrrrrr

--ToM--
10-11-09, 01:53 PM
I have a corsa rear gearbox mount are they the same?

Sloth
10-11-09, 05:01 PM
/\ no.