PDA

View Full Version : Mk1 rolling shell together with lots of parts

g111mds
09-11-09, 09:23 PM
Had decided to keep this however something else has come up so its time to sell up. Basically, my rolling shell together with all the spares parts.

Rolling Shell

Purchased in May 2007, I made a 600 + mile round trip to collect it. It had just failed its MOT on two points: 1) nearside rear suspension spring mounting presribed area is excessively corroded and 2) offside rear suspension spring mounting presribed area is excessively corroded. Brought the car home on a trailer and started to collect all the parts necessary to recreate a Mk1 SR. Its been dry stored through all my ownership at various places and is now here in my garage. Its done 64,000 miles and I am the 4th owner. Registration is G156 DPY. The previous owner only had it a matter of months as a runabout for work. Before that its understood to have been owned by an elderly gentleman for a number of years. I've got some history and the V5 is in my name.

The rolling shell includes doors, boot and bonnet is for sale. Engine and gearbox are still in the car (1 litre 4 speed). No wings. There is slight bubbling on the rear arches (I was going to replace them) and on the bottom of the doors. Inner wings are good. No apparent corrosion around the window edges. I have some history for it in terms of receipts and also the v5 in my name (please note V5 is still against our old address). All in all I would say its a pretty good MK1 shell and was well worth the trip to get it.

Other parts

I have a number of other parts:

- excellent Mk1 SR interior
- digi dash
- window surrounds front and rear
- 2 x x16xe engines and one gearbox
- electric windows kit
- mk1 rear bumper
- mk2 rear bumper
- mk2 front bumper (sr i think but same as standard)
- x16xe engine cover in red
- mk1 SR boot in very good condition
- carpets
- trim
- x16xe engine wiring loom
- GSi centre console with switches
- mk2 dash with all bits
- mk1 grill
- 2 sets of mk1 head lights
- mk1 clear indicators plus one spare
- mk1 orange indicators
- mk1 sr door cards
- mk2 rear shelf supports
- mk1 rear shelf supports
- mk1 interior panels
- various other odds and sods

Looking for a very quick sale so offering the lot as a job lot for £600ono. Worth it to even buy and then sell off in parts. Any other parts I find will be thrown in.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/g111mds/nova%20for%20sale/IMG_1232.jpg

70+ detailed pictures available at http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ale/?start=all

Thanks, Jamie

g111mds
10-11-09, 09:55 PM
bttt - have the use of a trailer this weekend so may be able to deliver within a reasonable distance.

g111mds
12-11-09, 12:05 PM
would accept around £200 for the shell only. new project due to arrive this weekend. As noted above, have trailer this weekend and delivery within a reasonable distance can be arranged.

thedjse
12-11-09, 05:49 PM
If you wasnt so far away!!! I would of had it

g111mds
12-11-09, 10:18 PM
If you wasnt so far away!!! I would of had it

meet somewhere with it? Carlisle or maybe as far down (for me) as penrith?

g111mds
15-11-09, 10:54 PM
deposit taken on the shell. Will start new thread for all the parts.

let_nova
15-11-09, 10:58 PM
doors going with shell?

g111mds
16-11-09, 07:57 AM
doors going with shell?

yes.

vaughanmc
16-11-09, 05:25 PM
Should be collecting it soon Jamie :thumb:

g111mds
17-11-09, 12:20 PM