PDA

View Full Version : front splitter question?

twistysnovagte
09-11-09, 08:37 PM
could someone please tell me what the splitter is off on this cavalier?
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5434&thumb=1&d=1243878492 (http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5434&d=1243878492)

let_nova
09-11-09, 08:38 PM
laguna

Dave.
09-11-09, 08:38 PM
Lagooooona :thumb:

twistysnovagte
09-11-09, 09:05 PM
thanks chaps will visit my local scrapper's this weekend for a clean one.

Dave.
09-11-09, 09:07 PM
Mally charges about £3 for one, but he very rarely has any in

Atlas charge a bomb!

vaughanmc
09-11-09, 09:14 PM
I have one to be fitted to my Nova sometime :)

Spudly
09-11-09, 09:14 PM
Thats a mk1 laguna splitter, theyre held on the bottom of the standard bumper by masisve staples and can hurt your hand if youre removing them in a hurry, best method it flatblade screwdriver inbetween it and the bumper and lever it down, once youve got it started just pull it down and away but make sure youre wearing gardening glove so as not to shred your hands like my mate did when 'borrowing' one from a car that wasnt actually in a scrappers lol

There are three types, thats one of them with the vent hole things in it, there are ones with no holes in them and ones that are actually part of the bumper and dont seperate so make sure its a removable one before you destroy the bumper lol

Oh and dont go to Renault for one as theyre about £80+ vat :eek:

twistysnovagte
09-11-09, 09:19 PM
Thats a mk1 laguna splitter, theyre held on the bottom of the standard bumper by masisve staples and can hurt your hand if youre removing them in a hurry, best method it flatblade screwdriver inbetween it and the bumper and lever it down, once youve got it started just pull it down and away but make sure youre wearing gardening glove so as not to shred your hands like my mate did when 'borrowing' one from a car that wasnt actually in a scrappers lol

There are three types, thats one of them with the vent hole things in it, there are ones with no holes in them and ones that are actually part of the bumper and dont seperate so make sure its a removable one before you destroy the bumper lol

Oh and dont go to Renault for one as theyre about £80+ vat :eek:i shall follow the advice given in all aspects of your paragraphs(apart from the last one:d ).

i did actualy buy one when i first bought the nova but not knowing ewt about them(nova's) at the time,i found out they wernt suitable to the mk1 gte bumper, and sold it on(it was totaly unmarked like new) on ebay for 99p!:cry: lol

vaughanmc
10-11-09, 03:07 PM
What's the best way to put these on ?

brake-dust
10-11-09, 03:41 PM
What's the best way to put these on ?

i believe alot of people use self tappers :thumb:

Stanley
10-11-09, 04:46 PM
I have one in the garage from a non-GSi bumper.

For sale . . . . .