PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Karting Bash 2009

Lee
05-11-09, 08:59 PM
As I suspected due to the credit crunch, turnout for this years Karting bash hasn't been amazing. Therefore, I am offering the event over to Novaload users as well as PNG club members :)

Please note I will not accept deposits from non club members. Payment must be in full!

Info copied from the club section as follows.........

Its that time of year again http://1.2.3.12/bmi/www.pngclub.com/forum/images/smilies/smile3.gif

This year, after the laughable quality of the karts in Birmingham, despite an email assuring me the karts have been improved, I am taking the annual club karting somewhere I know offers much closer karts in terms of performance as well as maintainance, so hopefully no one will have to carry their own front wheel back to the pits again!! Daytona @ Milton Keynes.

Web site here. http://www.daytona.co.uk/venues/miltonkeynes

So, down to the nitty gritty. This year the price will be £110. £15 more than last year. Why do I think this is justified?

1. As already mentioned, the karts will be in far better condition

2. The heat races will be held on the national circuit in proper single engine karts, not twins with one engine switched off (which we discovered last year were probably the slowest things since 1.0 pushrod lumps!)

3. The endurance race in twin pro karts. Last year, we had to share the hours enduro split into teams. This year, its a solo effort for an hour! Including the heat races in the morning, you will get at least 90 mins in the saddle!!

A point to those who have only ever raced indoors on a tight circuit and found 15 mins gruelling, the datona international circuit is fapping huge, and you have plenty of time to rest on long straights. An hour is going to be tough, but not uncomfortable http://1.2.3.12/bmi/www.pngclub.com/forum/images/smilies/smile3.gif

The event will be held on Sunday the 6th of Dec unless the organises change it.

Morning.

North Circuit GP Heats - 12 driver minimum 40 max

Individual racing, each driver receives a practice sessions followed by 4 'Heat' races of 5 laps. Drivers obtain points for their finish position from the heat races. Points will dictate where you start in the semi-finals (6 laps), then the top 8 drivers will go through to the grand final (8 laps) to race for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies. Minimum 12 drivers. Event duration - 2.5 hours (based on 20 drivers)

Afternoon

Daytona 60 - 20 driver minimum 30 max

Individual endurance racing; a 10 minute practice/ qualifying followed by 60 minute race. Each driver will get 70 minutes track time. The top 3 drivers receive trophies in the award presentation. Event duration - 2 hours

A point to note is that if we manage to get 30 drivers, we can do the morning heats on the inter circuit in the twins http://1.2.3.12/bmi/www.pngclub.com/forum/images/smilies/smile3.gif Worth aiming for!!!!!

To book the day, you have two payment options.

1. Not open to non club members

2. Pay in full £110

Please mark your payment with 'Karting Payment in full' along with your username (this is important).

Send your payment to info@pngclub.com via paypal.

I will take cheques upon request.

http://1.2.3.10/bmi/www.pngclub.com/forum/images/smilies/thumb.gif

Deposit Paid
Loggyboy
Adam G
Burgo
Auzzie2000
Auzzie200's +1
Full payment
Fat Hobbit
Lee
Dan
Steve Pratt

auzzy2000
05-11-09, 10:14 PM
How strange.Just checked my emails and ive got a refund on my deposit for karting.whats all that about??

Lee
06-11-09, 06:19 PM
As per PM, i fooked up lol

Mike
06-11-09, 06:26 PM
Lee, i will visit before the end of this month an bring the full payment :thumb:

Lee
06-11-09, 06:33 PM
Top geeza :)

Southie
06-11-09, 06:36 PM
Shame it was so far away Lee. I at least gave a small something to the fund ;)

auzzy2000
06-11-09, 06:42 PM
As per PM, i fooked up lol lollolok you are let off.turnip:thumb:

Lee
06-11-09, 06:42 PM
Shame it was so far away Lee. I at least gave a small something to the fund ;)

:thumb:

Jack
06-11-09, 08:29 PM
I shall be in attendance. I may let people touch my baldy heed.

loggyboy
12-11-09, 09:11 PM
BTTT - Time for a sticky and a banner like last year?

Stuart
12-11-09, 09:35 PM
I shall be in attendance. I may let people touch my baldy heed.

which one?

blue_peg_16v
13-11-09, 08:13 PM
i may be in attendence not sure yet as might be loosing job :(

Adam
13-11-09, 08:17 PM
Gutted i cant go to this, been waiting since the last time! lol

Got works xmas do the night before and im staying in a hotel that night so wont really be in a fit state to even drive to the karting place, let alone pilot the karts :(

Lee
13-11-09, 11:38 PM
Need 5 more drivers chappies!

Jack
15-11-09, 04:12 PM
Come on peeps, it would be a shame to see this one drop :(

Lee
15-11-09, 04:18 PM
It wont drop, deposit has been paid. If we dont make the numbers, the club will have to pay the remaining places, and we wont be doing another one next year.

loggyboy
21-11-09, 03:11 PM
If anyone coming from south wants to save some travel expence, I have 2 spare seats - will be traveling from Basingstoke to MK via M3, M25, M1.