PDA

View Full Version : hagger/vx andys

xe Dan
05-11-09, 12:18 PM
can any one tell me any info on it the good the bad etc and why has it passed so many owners latley is it a heap or any good as the lad whos got it offered me a deal on it for my astra and im tempted as i really like bretts sr and think the lazer blue is a nice colour let me no:thumb:

General Lee
05-11-09, 12:26 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129170&highlight=lazer+blue

VXandy
05-11-09, 12:29 PM
Hi mate,

The car isn't in that bad a condition, however it does need some attention.

The usual areas really, for example battery tray, nsr bottom of the arch, which will probably mean you'll have to respray the bottom of the car grey if you want it to stay original. The main problem is because there's a hole in the battery tray it seems to have caused a hole in the firewall which someone seams to have filled using some kind of sealant and fibreglass (its around the turret where the accelerator cable comes through). Apart from the obvious under the bonnet thats it.

I would say it is a nice car though and it does drive spot on. Its a shame the numpty i sold it to in the first instance blew the original engine up.

All said and done i would have it back as a project!

Hope this helps,

Andy :thumb:

xe Dan
05-11-09, 12:40 PM
well just went through the link black stig gave me and it sounds a bit to arsed around with like sunroof being cut about i think i could get a better sr for my astra as my car is in good nic the trouble is he lives so far away i can only go by pics
cheers for the info to andy

General Lee
06-11-09, 08:27 AM
Hi mate,

The car isn't in that bad a condition, however it does need some attention.

The usual areas really, for example battery tray, nsr bottom of the arch, which will probably mean you'll have to respray the bottom of the car grey if you want it to stay original. The main problem is because there's a hole in the battery tray it seems to have caused a hole in the firewall which someone seams to have filled using some kind of sealant and fibreglass (its around the turret where the accelerator cable comes through). Apart from the obvious under the bonnet thats it.

I would say it is a nice car though and it does drive spot on. Its a shame the numpty i sold it to in the first instance blew the original engine up.

All said and done i would have it back as a project!

Hope this helps,

Andy :thumb:

I would have it if i had the money, fix it up, would make a fantastic little sr.

xe Dan
06-11-09, 08:29 AM
yeah but he wants a swap on my astra and thats up for 2200 so its to dear for me

Southie
06-11-09, 08:32 AM
I'd just keep the Astra IMO. That nova has too many stories/facts of how bad it is. I'd give it a wide birth.

sport
06-11-09, 09:28 AM
yeah but he wants a swap on my astra and thats up for 2200 so its to dear for me

Hes dreaming if thats a straight swop lol

To befair its a nova that aint been restored so is going to need work done, i was thinking about buying it when Hagger owned it but couldnt be arsed doing work to it if it needed it, which it does.

Should be advertised as a project at a relistic price and would sell no probs due to the colour.

Well thats my 2 pence worth.

L33 LEG
06-11-09, 09:35 AM
I'd just keep the Astra IMO. That nova has too many stories/facts of how bad it is. I'd give it a wide birth.

i agree with this. iv never seen the car but there appears to be too much history about this car. no point in risking it when theres plenty of others to choose from. if you lived closer then it would be worth a look, but i wouldnt risk it.

xe Dan
06-11-09, 10:04 AM
i agree with every one so thats why im leaving it and trying to sort a deal with gsi-tommy on his gte cheers everyone for your input