PDA

View Full Version : Bedford8526 - AVOID!!!!

kent14sr
04-11-09, 07:17 PM
I answered the ad for the following;

"1.4SR big valve head with solid lifters"

What I got was a C14SE head (standard) with corrosion on block face and knackered standard hydraulic lifters which took a week to turn up.

The guy apologised and said he knew nothing about Novas and the heads so a mate was coming to look at his other stuff to see if he sent wrong head . . if not then I would get a full refund. . .

A week later and a few reminders sure enough he said he sent the wrong head and correct one would be sent . . .

6 1/2 weeks since original transaction I am still waiting . . and the guy does not respond to texts or emails.

I am pretty annoyed I paid a decent amount for a standard (poor condition) head - tried to give the guy benefit of the doubt and nothing. Disappointing.

Plug
04-11-09, 07:29 PM
time for a dispute

napalm_27
04-11-09, 07:30 PM
ding ding round one

kent14sr
04-11-09, 07:32 PM
time for a dispute

Cant as he requested paypal payment sent as a gift so dont think you can dispute it. My fault for agreeing but disappointing never the less!!

brainsnova
04-11-09, 07:37 PM
a gift avoids paypal fees, he should of known better to send parts he has no clue about.

kent14sr
04-11-09, 07:42 PM
You would think.

I am just annoyed I have been duped and gone along with his various requests for more time to . . allow a mate to check his other heads . . get his camera . . . check specs of head etc etc

I was quite specific with questions before I bought it and responses were 100% what I wanted then suddenly he knows nothing etc etc

Plug
04-11-09, 08:38 PM
never never never send as a gift

it may sould better but the paypal fees are only 3% or something along them lines

paul james
04-11-09, 08:43 PM
yeah only use the gift option for people you know/or have a proven trackrecord of being trustworthy. Its probably worth offering to pay the 3% fee on top instead if a seller asks for a gift payment, just to get the added protection.

kent14sr
04-11-09, 08:43 PM
never never never send as a gift

it may sould better but the paypal fees are only 3% or something along them lines

learned the hard way on this one tbh

I am really disappointed as this guy appeared genuine, but I was definately taken for a ride!!!

bmw156
04-11-09, 10:02 PM
i have a 1.4SR big valve head with solid lifters for sale, got it of some bedford guy who was meant to send me a normal head. i have no use for it.

pm me if interested

:D

Spudly
04-11-09, 11:21 PM
i have a 1.4SR big valve head with solid lifters for sale, got it of some bedford guy who was meant to send me a normal head. i have no use for it.

pm me if interested

FFS, you should know better than this martin, please tell me thats a genuine post and youre not just posting crap for the fun of it?

bmw156
04-11-09, 11:23 PM
FFS, you should know better than this martin, please tell me thats a genuine post and youre not just posting crap for the fun of it?

:(

was a joke....

Novaboi_1991
04-11-09, 11:44 PM
you dont have much luck do you chris :(

brainsnova
04-11-09, 11:47 PM
everything i buy is ****e but stuff i sell is always A+ :cry:

kent14sr
05-11-09, 11:37 AM
Well this thread seemed to stimulate a reply;

I have to send the original head back and then wait till he finds the second one and then I get a refund. Strangely enough I dont fancy paying to post it back. . .then waiting till he locates the infamous second head before getting my money back (and then being out of pocket for postage)

John
05-11-09, 12:09 PM
:(

was a joke....
what a numpty!

rubachuk
05-11-09, 02:48 PM
Would be very wary of sending the head back to him before either a refund or the correct head turns up. Then instead of having an incorrect head and no money, you'll have NO head and no money and I daresay even less chance of hearing from this joker again.

The SRi heads are often referred to as "big valve heads" because they came from the factory with bigger valves, are you sure this wasn't what he was refering to when he sold it? If I were to purchase an SRi big valve head I would expect a standard head to turn up TBH, although not a rusty sh!tty mess

kent14sr
05-11-09, 04:53 PM
Would be very wary of sending the head back to him before either a refund or the correct head turns up. Then instead of having an incorrect head and no money, you'll have NO head and no money and I daresay even less chance of hearing from this joker again.

The SRi heads are often referred to as "big valve heads" because they came from the factory with bigger valves, are you sure this wasn't what he was refering to when he sold it? If I were to purchase an SRi big valve head I would expect a standard head to turn up TBH, although not a rusty sh!tty mess

Dead right!! I am not sending it anywhere.

No it was listed as a big valve 1400SR head not SRI and I questioned this before buying it and he confirmed it was for a 1.4 SR
He also said it had solid lifters and when it arrived they were very mangled standard hydraulic ones!! All this is stated in his for sale thread!

I have been so patient with the guy and given so many chances for him to sort it its untrue - had the following excuses so far;

1. Took ages to arrive as it was "sent back" to him ??
2. Was called away with work so couldnt answer emails for a week
3. Knows nothing about Novas hence wrong/incorrect parts sent
4. Not on here often so cant answer PMs
5. Has no credit so cant reply to texts
6. Had to wait for his mate to come and check the second head - this was then confirmed as the right one but strangely I have never received it.

let_nova
05-11-09, 05:07 PM
i have had parcels sent back by royal fail

kent14sr
05-11-09, 05:59 PM
Yes I guess it does happen - just loads of excuses in all honesty thats all I was getting at - they could all be genuine but lots of them!

rubachuk
06-11-09, 08:31 AM
No it was listed as a big valve 1400SR head not SRI
Guess I should read things properly then

Stuart
07-11-09, 11:13 PM
I've never ever ever ever heard of the sri head being called a big valve head...
sure it had bigger valves than the 1.4sr engine as it had the fecking 1.6 mpi head on it!!!!!!

Tbh dont bother posting if its going to be epicly wrong information!

burgo
07-11-09, 11:17 PM
post his address so we can visit him :)

kent14sr
08-11-09, 03:25 PM
He lives in Blackpool thats as much as I know, he has "no address listed wth paypal"

If I had his address i would be going to the small claims court - I am looking into getting hold of it - anyone on here know it??

Strange he calls himself Ben but the paypal is in the name of Danny Martin

It was the 19th September I paid for this!! So almost 2 months of excuses and time wasting. Think I received the C14SE head after about 2 weeks and since then and now he has just been providing excuses etc

Can he not be banned from selling for this??? I would hate for someone else to get duped like this!!

DAFTJOHN
08-11-09, 03:57 PM
Ask him to send a pic of the head beside todays paper....bit like a hostage but least you'll know he has it

kent14sr
08-11-09, 04:30 PM
Ask him to send a pic of the head beside todays paper....bit like a hostage but least you'll know he has it

He reckons its lost in the post and have had no further responses!

The first head I have is the injection standard head, but the 1.4SR big valve head I bought . . . is the one lost in the post allegedly. Asked for proof of postage etc etc and heard nothing.

John
08-11-09, 04:35 PM
Oh no! Danny martin? is that not he who cannot be mentioned?

kent14sr
08-11-09, 04:43 PM
Oh no! Danny martin? is that not he who cannot be mentioned?

What do you mean John??

John
08-11-09, 04:44 PM
flashbang?

John
08-11-09, 04:47 PM
sorry, he sounds similar to a very well known scammer on here, who was banned for life, is flashbangs name danny martin, anyone confirm?

kent14sr
08-11-09, 05:02 PM
Oh I see.

Just read some of the threads on that guy and I guess its possible. .

VXAndy may know as he bought the Nova SR from him I think (Haggars) - ill PM him

Stuart
08-11-09, 05:51 PM
might be on JOV as dann I think.

rubachuk
09-11-09, 05:25 PM
I've never ever ever ever heard of the sri head being called a big valve head...
sure it had bigger valves than the 1.4sr engine as it had the fecking 1.6 mpi head on it!!!!!!

Tbh dont bother posting if its going to be epicly wrong information!
Maybe I was wrong to say they're "often" referred to as big valve heads, but I've certainly seen them described that way even if you haven't.

Obviously didn't purposely try to give out duff information did I?

MattBrown
09-11-09, 05:37 PM
Facebook him?

God, facebook was invented for getting hold of people? lol

brainsnova
09-11-09, 05:41 PM
why do the people in the titles never respond in these threads ?

KSRY
09-11-09, 05:42 PM
Because the threads are usually true in their accusations...

draper
09-11-09, 05:43 PM
bedford8526 is also on 106owners.com selling alot of parts all th etime, sounds like a wannabe trader imo

and also a scammer obviously

draper
09-11-09, 05:43 PM

pm me if interested

you absolute c0ck !

brainsnova
09-11-09, 05:44 PM
Because the threads are usually true in their accusations...

surely admiting to them is better than hiding away never to be seen.

matt_vaughan
09-11-09, 05:54 PM
kent14sr can i just remind you of the 12ST engine i bought off your mate in york, very well concealed how bad condition that was in.

but you weren't a problem mate, so i dont have a gripe with you, and i'm sorry to hear you've been treated like this by somebody else.

kent14sr
09-11-09, 07:26 PM
kent14sr can i just remind you of the 12ST engine i bought off your mate in york, very well concealed how bad condition that was in.

but you weren't a problem mate, so i dont have a gripe with you, and i'm sorry to hear you've been treated like this by somebody else.

Yes I remember Matt

As I said at the time - to my knowledge it was in good condition and I was unaware of why/how it got into the state you described. It was left over from spares for my previous rally car I jointly owned with a friend. It ran very well prior to being removed I guarantee that as I was using it as a daily driver for a bit!! I did suggest you pursue him for a refund at the time as you dealt with him when you collected it (and I live 250 miles away so cant do an awfu lot). I would have been happy for you to remove the head/inspect as you wanted had I been there selling it.

Incidentally you were very polite with me etc and I would have no problem dealing with you again - I did put on one of your wanted threads I had some bits you were after. As always I responded timely to try and resolve the issue.

Matt - incidentally I have a pair of mk1 headlights, if you pay postage Ill send them to you as a goodwill gesture mate and orange indicators for the same as I am disappointed in my so called mate.

Back to the point further up the thread - I suspect this guy will not be visiting PNG for some time as he knows he has scammed me.

I welcome him to put his story accross!!

matt_vaughan
09-11-09, 09:08 PM
That last message mate pleased me that there are some straight talking people in this world.

I'll PM you about lights and such cause I have some pics which are quite amusing to see of the engine, its all blown over now but the pics are quite astonishing.

I think I've heard of this guy (bedford8526) doing something similar on another forum, probably MIG. Eventually his name will become known and he will find it hard to deal in any parts.

kent14sr
09-11-09, 09:24 PM
No worries Matt

I am very genuine as those who have popped over and I have met with no doubt verify!!

matt_vaughan
09-11-09, 09:24 PM
Ah I can tell you are mate, thats obvious.

kent14sr
09-11-09, 09:35 PM
pm'd you mate

kent14sr
10-11-09, 12:21 PM
Had a further email from bedford8526 asking me to return the original head and when he has it/found the illusive second one I then get refunded.

Can see the refund coming once he has his bits and my money!

brainsnova
10-11-09, 12:32 PM
courier it so you know he defo got it.

kent14sr
10-11-09, 04:17 PM
Could do but I still think I would never see the refund - he would disappear/have paypal problems etc etc

Novaboi_1991
10-11-09, 04:25 PM
No worries Matt

I am very genuine as those who have popped over and I have met with no doubt verify!!

Second that,

ive never had a problem with kent14sr, everything ive needed he has delivered for me,

Thanks dude

bedford8256
19-11-09, 04:19 PM
i havnt been online for a while and just noticed this thread about me. i sent the head to kent14sr a week later he says the head is no use and isnt as described, i said theres a chance i may have sent the wrong head and i would check in my garage. i then sent another head to him to see if that was any use to him which he says he never recieved. i told him to send me the 1st head that i sent him for inspection and see if it was damaged and not as described like he was telling me. he refuses to send me the head for inspection and a refund so what else am i suppose to do. you wouldnt buy a tv from currys and when its not what you want ask for a refund without taking the tv back. i have sold loads of items on here and not had any problems apart from this. so why avoid me when its kent14sr's fault he want return the goods for inspection and refund!

let_nova
19-11-09, 05:45 PM
why dont you offer to pay the courier fees on the return?

brainsnova
19-11-09, 05:49 PM
or send the refund to one of admin team and they can pass the funds on when you recieve the head.

bedford8256
19-11-09, 05:51 PM
he wont send me the head back iv told him to send it back via recorded post or what ever he wont send it back so what else can i do

let_nova
19-11-09, 05:53 PM
fair enough then. it really has to be looked at from both sides. if the seller has made a public effort to fix the problem but the seller refuses to cooperate it get aukward. its not just bad sellers out there theres buyers that think they can get something for free.

in no way is this comment directed an bedford or kent14sr

napalm_27
19-11-09, 06:02 PM
i agree with let nova
and id go straight for a admin to give a refund to them and then wait for the return of the head give it a week if no show of the head the admin can close the problem and return the money to the seller simple and solved

kent14sr
19-11-09, 06:05 PM
Well I am really disappointed because I have honestly been had:- if this second head had been sent then it would have either been tracked and found/or a refund issued by now.

On the basis that I was offered a refund (without the return of the 1st) initially and then it changed to me being sent the second head which never turned up and then I was told I would not get refunded until I firstly returned the original head AND the second was found. So I would pay to return the 1st and be more out of pocket and then hope that this illusive second head turned up then I would get my payment back.

Why should I have to pay to send it back when it was the sellers error when I bought it??? It was not as described - its a STANDARD C14SE head with STANDARD valves and BROKEN hydraulic lifters - not a big valve 1.4SR head with solid lifters. Its not ported, its not polished and does not have any modifications from standard except corrosion on the mounting face.

The guy has given so many excuses, and yet has changed nothing from day 1!!

On this basis can anyone honestly say they would pay out to send the original head back, be further out of pocket, and be less the goods???

Incidentally if you bought a TV in Curries and it was not what you ordered, sale of goods act deems they must either refund/replace and collect the product at their expense. And if its a smaller item they send you a prepaid label for the parcel . . .

And I have heard nothing back from the guy to attempt a resolution other than requesting the head be sent back at my cost.

kent14sr
19-11-09, 06:08 PM
or send the refund to one of admin team and they can pass the funds on when you recieve the head.

I would be more than happy with that

let_nova
19-11-09, 06:09 PM
send the head back, recorded. is it not better to be £10 out of pocket from postage rather than whatever you paid for a buggered head?

bedford8256
19-11-09, 06:11 PM
look just stop messing about and send the head back if you want a refund. if ur not going to send it back then stop moaning. iv asked u several times now to return the head and ur just pissing about

napalm_27
19-11-09, 06:15 PM
you cant expect some one to just send a head back with no insentive of a refund
do as mentioned get in contact with a mod/admin give them the refund money.. if you actually have it.. and then he can send the head back simple and sorted

Edd
19-11-09, 06:16 PM
The 'second' head sounds like a full on blag IMO.

Surely there would be a tracking number ?
It's not going to vanish is it ?

Admin need to step in and ban this guy from selling.
People have been banned from selling for less ffs.

kent14sr
19-11-09, 06:18 PM
you cant expect some one to just send a head back with no insentive of a refund
do as mentioned get in contact with a mod/admin give them the refund money.. if you actually have it.. and then he can send the head back simple and sorted

Correct.

I have no confidence I would ever see the money refunded - and then I am the cost of head/initial postage and cost of return postage out of pocket

let_nova
19-11-09, 06:18 PM
give the guy a chance he has offered in public to sort this. all it takes is for kentsr to send it back? if you have his address i cant see the problem

kent14sr
19-11-09, 06:19 PM
The 'second' head sounds like a full on blag IMO.

Surely there would be a tracking number ?
It's not going to vanish is it ?

Admin need to step in and ban this guy from selling.
People have been banned from selling for less ffs.

I asked for a tracking number and never got a response to my question

And neither has he ever confirmed its either been found or he received his money back from Royal Mail.

let_nova
19-11-09, 06:19 PM
bedford, you have pm

kent14sr
19-11-09, 07:09 PM
Strange -

He is advertising a 1.4SR head in his forsale ad and has a photo of the C14SE head that he sent to me on the ad (clearly a touch misleading)

Call me cynical but in his original ad he only had 2 heads for sale - I have 1 and he is selling another in his listing updated today. . .but what about the one that got "lost in the post"?? It must have returned!