PDA

View Full Version : Rear flexi Brake Pipes

General Lee
03-11-09, 08:39 AM
Hi,

I'm sure i'm not the only person to have a problem undoing them, as all my nova's have been the same, whats the best and easiest way to get the bu**ers undone. I have some stainless stell jobies to go on but can't get them undone.

Cheers

AlexW
03-11-09, 10:05 AM
Lots of wd40, might be worth doing it everyday for a couple of weeks before you try.

Iain
03-11-09, 10:27 AM
This where the flexi attaches to the metal pipe? You'll need some mole grips and try and make sure you don't twist the solid side.

GRUNT 16V
03-11-09, 10:30 AM
Heat Is The Way Forward !!

General Lee
03-11-09, 10:32 AM
But wont that boil the fluid, causing air pockets

GRUNT 16V
03-11-09, 10:38 AM
you have to bleed the rear brakes any way !!

General Lee
03-11-09, 10:41 AM
Yeah i know that, but you usually only have to bleed a little when chaning rear lines, if you boiled it surely you would have to bleed the whole line.

General Lee
03-11-09, 10:43 AM
This where the flexi attaches to the metal pipe? You'll need some mole grips and try and make sure you don't twist the solid side.

Yeah sorry, thats the one. Thats what i used last time it broke my mole grips.

phazer
03-11-09, 12:39 PM
Yeah i know that, but you usually only have to bleed a little when chaning rear lines, if you boiled it surely you would have to bleed the whole line.

If it's not been changed in the last year or two, the fluid is due for replacement anyway so its a bit of a moot point :thumb:

GRUNT 16V
03-11-09, 02:00 PM
Remind me of this as i will never buy a car from yourself!!!
do it properly first time!! never fook round when messing with brakes:mad:

General Lee
03-11-09, 02:11 PM
Remind me of this as i will never buy a car from yourself!!!
do it properly first time!! never fook round when messing with brakes:mad:

calm down, all my vehicles have been bled properly, untill all air is out all im saying is that most of the time there is not alot of air in the lines.

dhdev (Oli)
03-11-09, 02:42 PM
If you're replacing the lines then they will be entirely filled with air! Also any boiling of the fluid will be fairly localised and shouldn't cause any major headaches when bleeding. I'd be more worried about setting fire to the underseal PMSL.

General Lee
03-11-09, 03:10 PM
If you're replacing the lines then they will be entirely filled with air! Also any boiling of the fluid will be fairly localised and shouldn't cause any major headaches when bleeding. I'd be more worried about setting fire to the underseal PMSL.

To be honest i never know if when bleeding the lines how far they are bled, they mabey bled through twice for all i know, just keep topping up and bleeding topping up beeding, so on so forth untill the air is all out and i use the self bleeding kit with 2 people. I've done that before but with a welder.lol