PDA

View Full Version : FLASHING DOOR PIN WIRING

portadownfc
17-03-03, 02:24 AM
I have recently purchased a set of richbrook flashing doorpins and in my haynes modifying book it says the best way to wire them is to wire them to an ignition live and the permanent live from the coor contact switch.

what i want to know is what colour is the ignition live and which wire from the door contact switch is the permanent live.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

cheers

John Thornton :!: :!: :!:

Aragorn
17-03-03, 01:55 PM
huh

if u wire an LED across the igntition live and perm live it wont do jack

except short out when the ignition is off

u need to go between a ignition live and ground if u want it on with the ignition and a perm live and ground if u want em on all the time

iirc red is perm live and black is ignition live, brown is ground

mikeoxford
17-03-03, 10:04 PM
you dont want to go from an igntion live as it will mean that the leds will only be on when the ignition is on whats the point of that

ignore everything you typed in your post john as it couldnt be more wrong!

wire them from any permanent live, and any earth/negative/ground

you COULD put a switch in the +ve wire if you really wanted

ade
18-03-03, 11:33 AM
ok - similar question - but mine has central locking. Can I wire the flashing leds across the central locking wires or will the pulse cause the locks to open and close?

Alex
18-03-03, 11:53 AM
It should be ok, as an LED is a resistor. Try it, it wont do any harm

Ste_Nova
18-03-03, 01:00 PM
will only work on way on the cl wires.... and will only get 2 sec worth of flashing

portadownfc
18-03-03, 01:22 PM
how would i wire them up so that they only come on when the ignition is off and the door is closed

cheers

John Thornton

mikeoxford
18-03-03, 01:44 PM
for both your idea jon, and yours ade, you will both require a different way of wiring it up, but for both of you you will need to use a realy.........

John........
You will need to use a relay, that is open when the ignition is on, and no circuit is made, and then when the ignition is turned off, the relay closes, and completes the circuit

Ade m8.........
you need to use a latching relay. your central locking pulse will only operate for 2 seconds or so, so you need something that latches open or closed, so the pulse occurs, the relay latches, the light comes on. see what i mean?

both circuits are easily done, cost pennies each also

any more info required email me - already helped ade out with his fog light problem before so i should be able to do this as its MUCH easier!