PDA

View Full Version : Nova Project - RUST

Robiniho77
02-11-09, 06:55 PM
Hello, have just bought a 1992 Nova for £200 and it drove me 150 miles after being garaged for 2 years with no trouble!

am now assessing body work before proceeding with engine change and things.

i have bad rust ony in little bits like the doors and rear arches.

i can obviously get new doors which are easy but the rear arches bit is just rotting away.

Dont really want to look at getting a new shell as this one is pretty decent throughout. Is the only thing to do weld it back to right state, if so does any know where i can go to get someone to do it for me or any who wants to repair the few rust spots for some cash?

cheers

let_nova
02-11-09, 06:59 PM
Hello, have just bought a 1992 Nova for £200 and it drove me 150 miles after being garaged for 2 years with no trouble!

fail

Plug
02-11-09, 07:54 PM
/\ very Fail indeed

Rickyb
02-11-09, 09:00 PM
why is it a fail it sounds good to me.

let_nova
02-11-09, 09:13 PM
no mention of getting it mot'd etc

Plug
02-11-09, 09:27 PM
driving a car 150 miles without mot, tax and at a guess insurance :(

Rickyb
02-11-09, 09:53 PM
well i assume he temp insured it then booked it in at an mot centre that way he can drive home with now worrys as you would be abit of a fool to drive it all that way with no insurance.

and as for no mention of moting it well maybe hes getting it how he wants it first.

I am sick of tossers on here who just jump to conclusions about other people just so thay get to have a go why not get on with your own life instead of w@nking the day away on here abusing people.

good luck with your project mate.

chimp007_uk
02-11-09, 10:08 PM
well i assume he temp insured it then booked it in at an mot centre that way he can drive home with now worrys as you would be abit of a fool to drive it all that way with no insurance.

So it's legal to drive 150 miles just because it's booked into an mot where he lives? In 150 miles anything could go wrong... Thats a poor loop hole and wont stand up if you were pulled over.

I'm not having a go at him, but what you said is rubbish!

jimbob-mcgrew
03-11-09, 01:01 AM
I am sick of tossers on here who just jump to conclusions about other people just so thay get to have a go why not get on with your own life instead of w@nking the day away on here abusing people.

ghwaan ricky lol :thumb:

Chris.B
03-11-09, 01:56 AM
Err, that 'loop hole' you refer to would stand up if pulled over mate. I know someone who used it and the copper told him they can't do anything unless it appears dangerous.
What a crap start to a what could of been a decent/interesting thread.

I'm sorry but if you don't have anything constructive to add to the thread-move along!

I think admin should delete all previous reply's bar OP's.

Bubba
03-11-09, 02:31 AM
tradeplates ;)

Rickyb
03-11-09, 10:28 AM
Robiniho77 if you want to put pics on send them to me in message and i will put them up for you.

brake-dust
03-11-09, 10:39 AM
agree with ricky, it will stand up and is perfectly legal, if you had a car without a ticket you could book the mot station 100 miles away aslong as you are actually going in that direction and your insured all will be fine :)

Rickyb
03-11-09, 10:44 AM
:D i know it works anyway i have done it with a recovery truck its just them n0bs having a go at people when thay havnt got any facts.
now back on topic please.

Pete
03-11-09, 10:58 AM
trying to put it back on topic.
sounds like it will be a nice project...
ill be looking out for it mate :)