PDA

View Full Version : is it wrong to get a pet dog drunk??

mowgli
01-11-09, 10:11 PM
I cooked up some pork in strong cider & flower the dog cleared out the saucepan... she isn't walking straight, and doesn't appear to be focussing too well....

Jon_nova1
01-11-09, 10:12 PM
Peta!!!!

wow, what is it with all the decapitilisation of acronyms lol

Bubba
01-11-09, 10:12 PM
self inflicted then, all you can say is it serves you right

mowgli
01-11-09, 10:14 PM
Peta!!!!

wow, what is it with all the decapitilisation of acronyms lol

bollox to ethical treatment of animals, she climbed onto the table & wolfed the lot whilst we were watching groundhog day

dave.gsi
01-11-09, 10:15 PM
pork in strong cider?? ermmm....methinks you could do with a recipe book for christmas....one not written by tramps lol

Jon_nova1
01-11-09, 10:16 PM
I voted no anyway, oooo i sound like all the ethics that like to exclaim how cruel things are, when inside they're laughing lol

mowgli
01-11-09, 10:21 PM
pork in strong cider?? ermmm....methinks you could do with a recipe book for christmas....one not written by tramps lol

dave gis, I have been creating my own recipes for about 30 years now, I bought my first car by working in a pub kitchens grilling 100 steaks a night & I have a fair ability to create meals without the need for a recipe book. I have been cooking the family meals at christmas since 1993, and alcohol does get used regularly.... my steak & kidney pie with newcastle brown ale is a particular fave, as is sausages in port & caramelised onion gravy.. and the pork in cider was fairly good.....

Jon_nova1
01-11-09, 10:28 PM
I see nothing wrong with it, if i liked cider i'd eat it, but the steak and kidney pie sounds tasty as you like lol

Welsh Dan
01-11-09, 10:32 PM
Nothing wrong with it at all :).

Benn
01-11-09, 10:37 PM
Nope, but its you wake up in the morning and its been firing it back out from both end then its not good for it.

craig green
01-11-09, 10:38 PM
dave gis, I have been creating my own recipes for about 30 years now, I bought my first car by working in a pub kitchens grilling 100 steaks a night & I have a fair ability to create meals without the need for a recipe book. I have been cooking the family meals at christmas since 1993, and alcohol does get used regularly.... my steak & kidney pie with newcastle brown ale is a particular fave, as is sausages in port & caramelised onion gravy.. and the pork in cider was fairly good.....

Sounds lush. You is now nominated as PNG events catering manager.:thumb:

Spudly
01-11-09, 10:39 PM
Any gen on a christmas meal at your spot mr mowgli :d

Ash
01-11-09, 10:40 PM
I thought you were meant to have cider with every meal :confused:

An apple a day....

Lynsey
01-11-09, 10:41 PM
Pork and cider sounds good to me! Lucky dog :thumb: I might give that a go myself (the meal, not intoxicating my dawg)!

craig green
01-11-09, 10:42 PM
I have been helping my Mum make apple cake using the apples from our garden, the sultanas are all soaked in local cider, nice.

Ash
01-11-09, 10:49 PM
mmmm, local meet at CG's for apple cake, anyone? What's your local cider btw?

mowgli
01-11-09, 10:53 PM
Any gen on a christmas meal at your spot mr mowgli :d

get your innoculations done & bring a sleeping bag & bottles of sherry & we might have a deal...the christmas spirit does rather flow near my family.... the hardest bit on christmas day is working out when to stop drinking, so we are legal for following the Atherstone Hunt on Boxing Day, which is a great family tradition combining upsetting the government & off roading

mowgli
01-11-09, 10:53 PM
I thought you were meant to have cider with every meal :confused:

An apple a day....

sounds like my summer hols in Croyde

dave.gsi
01-11-09, 10:55 PM
i have visions of pork mixed with super strongbow, or a bottle of white lightning garnished with pork chunks lol

although to be fair it cant be that bad if your dog ate it, dogs are fussy *******$, the wifes dog eats anything you give it apart from cheesey dorritos..work that one out?!

dave.gsi
01-11-09, 10:57 PM
, which is a great family tradition combining upsetting the government & off roading

brilliant lol

mowgli
01-11-09, 10:59 PM
i have visions of pork mixed with super strongbow, or a bottle of white lightning garnished with pork chunks lol

although to be fair it cant be that bad if your dog ate it, dogs are fussy *******$, the wifes dog eats anything you give it apart from cheesey dorritos..work that one out?!

I simply added some decent single variety stuff (from that asda deal 3 for £4) to the stock just to complement the pork, cos I hate apple sauce. it had the added effect of calming the kids down quite a bit too... result:thumb:

cheesy doritos are made from every type of crap on the planet.. no wonder the pooch wouldn't touch them

craig green
01-11-09, 11:05 PM
Even my taste buds know Dorito's are bad news.

craig green
01-11-09, 11:07 PM
mmmm, local meet at CG's for apple cake, anyone? What's your local cider btw?

Dunno. My dad brings it home from work.
mums beetroot cake is lush too, she tricked me into eating a few slices before telling me what was in it. You'd never guess.

mowgli
01-11-09, 11:18 PM
never heard of beetroot cake... the missus does an excellent courgette bread that has caught out a lot of people

Lynsey
01-11-09, 11:22 PM
Wow, I've never tried beetroot cake!
Mowgli, how can you not like apple sauce? It is sooooooo good! I could eat a whole mixing bowl full if you gave me a couple of yorkshire puds to use as spoons!

Lynsey
01-11-09, 11:23 PM
Is it called Zucchinni loaf or something?

Bubba
01-11-09, 11:28 PM
pork n rattler hmmm

mowgli
01-11-09, 11:29 PM
Is it called Zucchinni loaf or something?

yup, you are correct, my missus was brought up in the states, and that's what she still calls in an attempt to get the kids to eat it...

my mum put me off a lot of pureed fruit type things when I was a kid.. she always managed to grow a huge amountof sour fruit & never ever put enough sugar in it. her apple sauce was sour enough to make my teeth feel funny, and it put me off for life.. most of her food was ace, but she also couldn't cook fish in a style that I liked.. years later I was in a seafood restaurant in Ireland & thought i'd try to get over my hatred of fish, & almost died choking on a clam chowder... so I steer clear of anything fidhy except battered cod.

Lynsey
01-11-09, 11:40 PM
I don't like fish either, I used to smother my fish fingers in tomato ketchup when I went to other kids' houses for tea!

We used to sell Zucchini at work, it went down a treat. I think the name helps a lot, if it was called 'courgette cake' or similar, most people would probably give it a miss.

wwmnw
01-11-09, 11:40 PM
My last dog was drunk on a couple of occasions, she must have liked it as she went hyper and jumped on the table then ran around the house at a million mph, R.I.P Jet :( miss that dog :cry:

mowgli
01-11-09, 11:46 PM
the only time Flower ran like hell round the house was when the kids were at grans & me & missus had a night out & brought a curry home, but were too pissed to eat it... poor flower found out the hard way about the power of indian spices. I let her out the back at 4 am & she came past me at about shoulder height at 90mph

wwmnw
01-11-09, 11:49 PM
the only time Flower ran like hell round the house was when the kids were at grans & me & missus had a night out & brought a curry home, but were too pissed to eat it... poor flower found out the hard way about the power of indian spices. I let her out the back at 4 am & she came past me at about shoulder height at 90mph

lol:cry:lol:cry:lol me mam just creased up at that.

I need another dog but the owld bitch wont let me have one :(

MK999
02-11-09, 12:45 AM
never heard of beetroot cake... the missus does an excellent courgette bread that has caught out a lot of people

Baked bean pasta is awesome for that "wtf are you eating" look :thumb: Students everything-i-have-left recipes ftw lol

kelbelle
02-11-09, 07:10 PM
My dad's dog got drunk at a sleep over once because he kept drinking the left over bits at the bottom of the shots glasses lol

General Baxter
02-11-09, 07:18 PM
so we are legal for following the Atherstone Hunt on Boxing Day, which is a great family tradition combining upsetting the government & off roading

im going to help the fox this year, im going to shoot the toffs :thumb:

mowgli
02-11-09, 07:27 PM
im going to help the fox this year, im going to shoot the toffs :thumb:

baxter a couple of things....

1. the Atherstone hunt is a working mans hunt. one regular I know mends forklifts, another is a dairy farmer, the poshest bloke is the gp from bosworth & he is very down to earth.

2. the Boxing Day (and New Years Day one) hunt is what is known as a drag hunt, which is nothing to do with dressing up like Jordans boyfriend, it is a scent soaked rag that a cross country runner uses to lay a trail that the hounds go mad for, and will follow it rather than giving basil brush a chewing.

General Baxter
02-11-09, 07:28 PM
ill still shoot them, just for waking me up with the bloody horn lol

mowgli
02-11-09, 07:36 PM
just to clarify, is it you or the hunt that has the horn?????

Oh, and on New Years Day, they don't blow up till 11am & the ride into the middle of atherstone from the opposite side of town to your house...
And the pubs all open early & some bloke sells fried food...