PDA

View Full Version : mk.1 1.6 merit

jimbob-mcgrew
01-11-09, 05:09 PM
3 door shell in burgundy red, no sunroof merit model. 16sv 1.6 carb engine from a mk.2 astra, minus the pas pump and belt tensioner. half gsi interior (front seats, front and rear door cards, rear shelf supports, rear boot cover, have added some full turrent covers in blue, no back seats or parcel shelf tho), tape holder centre console added, havent touched carpet, just cut down the base of the console to fit, replaced the split gearstick gaitor with a good one too. everything else is standard bar that, could do with a new drivers door, sticky auto choke and a poorly fitting bit-blowy exhaust, prety decent on the rust front, lil hole in the nearside boot (chicken egg size) could do with a plate welding. a few dents here and there, not strutural tho, nearside rear arch pictured (outer skin dent, its not touched the inner). have a spare bonnet and some other bits to go with it. steel wheels could do with balancing, and the nearside outer c.v boot is half split.
2 months tax - 31st december 2009.
6 months mot - 31st april 2010.

steering wheel has a 10p chunk out of it at the bottom (can see in pic) looks like its been picked at with stressed driving nails.
one of the front grille tabs is snapped (have a spare grille for it)
bolster wear on drivers seat (have repair patches for it)
few dents in bonnet (have a spare to go with it)
might have a few other random spares to go with it.
could do with a drivers door (has some break in damage from a few years ago with previous owner, screwdriver mark at the top and a paint crease in the window pillar, bit of rust at the bottom corner too, can see in pic)
waterpump, cambelt, plugs and oil change 2 thousand miles ish ago, i have another waterpump and cambelt to go with it tho as i think the belts slightly stretched as i did the waterpump/belt tension a tad tight when originally fitted, has been fine since done, but could do with changing just to be safe.
auto chokes sticking on the last catch (starts sweet when cold, but when warm it sometimes takes 4/5 seconds of cranking cos of it), it sometimes flicks off but most of the time stays on, needs converting to manual ideally. the exhaust is not ideal also, its got a 1.4sr manifold/twin downpipe and centre pipe, then a 1.2 centre silencer and rear silencer attached to that, its not a great fit, and blows a bit, only setup i could find that fits on the finace i have. ideally wants a complete gte system £50/100 second hand ?. it could use a gte/gsi bottom rad hose too, i havent managed to come across one since i fitted the engine, i used a piece of pipe to extend the original astra hose to fit at the time, hasnt leaked at all, but obviously isnt ideal. the cars just ticked over 100 thou on the clock, but the engine thats been fitted is on around 83 thousand. surprisingly, after a bunch of work prior to the test, it went thru the last mot first time with one advisory about that rust spot in the boot corner. wont come with a stereo, needs a wash and a good polish. that bit of red tape u see under the bonnet is only to hold the coil loom in place as its missing the U-clip (i couldnt find one at the time) the other bit of red tape on the centre console is a custom coke can holder.
looking for £350.
if it doesnt sell it will go on ebay.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll227/photon_09/DSC00684.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll227/photon_09/DSC00685.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll227/photon_09/DSC00683.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll227/photon_09/DSC00686.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll227/photon_09/DSC00688.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll227/photon_09/DSC00687.jpg

bigdan1
01-11-09, 05:12 PM
where u from mate?
very interested

jimbob-mcgrew
01-11-09, 05:18 PM
should be in the pm i sent yesterday.
high wycombe / junction 5 on the m40.

bigdan1
01-11-09, 05:31 PM
oh yeh haha sorry mate i have that many people emailin me dunno where i am
seems a sound motor now all i need is to sell the corsa

jimbob-mcgrew
03-11-09, 03:52 PM
bump - forgot to mention its got a 5 speed f13 box on it too, with the gearstick nub bit cut off to engage 5th, and to those that know or dont know, this engines supposed to run some sort of weird hybrid ecu for the fueling control, but the ignition systems been replaced for a 1.4sr setup so its old style manual instead, if that makes sense ? lol

that farmer
16-11-09, 10:18 AM
bump

maxlee
17-11-09, 04:46 PM
i sold TF the engine for this. the astra i took it out of had covered around 75k and the bloke spent alot of money on it just befor some one tryed to still the astra and made a right mess of the car

i asked him why he would spend so much money on a old astra he reply was
"well its never let me down so i take care of it, it takes care of me"

good luck with the sale mate free bump

nova andy b
18-11-09, 11:18 PM
hi mate have you sold the car yet ???

jimbob-mcgrew
19-11-09, 07:45 PM
not yet, ive just switched cars 3 days ago, i have a new daily now, so its been stashed on private land till it sells. ive managed to adjust the auto choke so it flicks off fully whilst running now, it still sticks for those warm-ish starts when its been left to cool for more than 5/10 mins, which is a pain, but once it fires its all good. and im gonna redo the bottom rad hose with a half section from the original 1.2 hose mated to the astra hose at the weekend so its a better fit. have fresh coolant to go in and will bleed the system while there. also the centre console and front mats have been taken out now, even more back to how it was. coupla weeks ago a stone flicked up from a white van man and put a small crack in the windsceen at the base, each day it got about an inch bigger as i went, but it stopped getting any bigger after 4/5 days, its about 15 cm's long across an s-shape, will supply with a spare windscreen and knock £50 off for that.

djshaggeh
19-11-09, 07:59 PM
I noticed that way you blanked out your own number plate but you didn't black out boresmans!

lol

jimbob-mcgrew
20-11-09, 12:13 AM
14 grand for those chrome rims lol