PDA

View Full Version : Help identify the parts in this pic...?!

rallye_matt
01-11-09, 02:17 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a C20xe Nova conversion kit from Colin Smith, unfortunately I've had to sell the car and therefore have no need for it. I hadn't even open the package it came in until I wanted to take pics for the ebay advert and am a bit confused with what i've got. I emailed Colin for him to clarify but as yet haven't had a reply.

So...from the pics below , can anyone tell me exactly what i've been sent? I know the engine and gearbox mounts are there, i'm more confused with the 3 driveshafts i've ended up with!

Cheers in advance.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/Rallye_Matt/DSCF2146-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/Rallye_Matt/DSCF2145-1.jpg

Spudly
01-11-09, 02:23 PM
Id say youve ended up with a spare short shaft looking at that as its definately not an equal shaft setup, the L shaped mount is your rear engine/gearbox mount and the three little plates go onto that and the other one is your pass side gearbox to chassis leg mount, actually looking again, it looks like you dont have a gearbox CV joint on the offside driveshaft so im gonna guess the other one was sent for you to remove the inner CV from it for the XE gearbox.

General Baxter
01-11-09, 02:25 PM
one has abs, one dont

Rexy
01-11-09, 02:28 PM
ouhhhh thats a big pink dildo.

Bubba
01-11-09, 02:29 PM
thats a split shaft isnt it? and they never were equal length or at least my cav wasnt

Rexy
01-11-09, 02:35 PM
non of them are split shafts/equal length, it looked like one of the cv boot has come off and

It looks like colin has pulled a little too hard and now has an f20 with half a cv stuck in there, he then thought ouhhh thats missing a cv, here have this one but you can take it off.

Whala.... i still think its a pink dildo mind.

Spudly
01-11-09, 02:40 PM
actually looking again, it looks like you dont have a gearbox CV joint on the offside driveshaft so im gonna guess the other one was sent for you to remove the inner CV from it for the XE gearbox.

It looks like colin has pulled a little too hard and now has an f20 with half a cv stuck in there, he then thought ouhhh thats missing a cv, here have this one but you can take it off.

Little slow today arent we :p

draper
01-11-09, 02:51 PM
congrats on the shameless advertising whore thread ;) lol

ps - how much for it

Iain
01-11-09, 02:51 PM
one has abs, one dont

Just means the CV is suitable for an ABS car? One of the new CVs I got for my Nova had the ABS ring.

Rexy
01-11-09, 02:52 PM
sorry princess, im doing the " i dont need to read what other people posted" thing. Seeing how that works out lolz.

it failed, and i shall no continue to properly read things, I hope these are not 22 spline shafts either, as it looks like the poor bugger who buys them will need to buy a new inner cv.

Spudly
01-11-09, 03:18 PM
sorry princess, im doing the " i dont need to read what other people posted" thing. Seeing how that works out lolz.

it failed, and i shall no continue to properly read things,

Theres a good boy lol

Nobby
01-11-09, 04:12 PM
so whats the crack then shafts dont look right?

AlexW
01-11-09, 04:16 PM
so whats the crack then shafts dont look right?

They look fine?

Nobby
01-11-09, 04:22 PM
so basically hes just gotta swap the joint on the longer 1 off the spare?

Nobby
04-11-09, 05:52 PM
as it looks like the poor bugger who buys them will need to buy a new inner cv.

yup bought these last night but the inner joint off the smaller shaft doesnt fit the nova 1 im assuming its a cavi/cali joint as its way 2 big for the nova shaft :(