PDA

View Full Version : Help twin carb ignition problems

benny f gsi,n it
01-11-09, 12:35 PM
i am slowly loosing hope with the car at the moment, 1600 e16se on twin 40 webers and 1400sr dizzy and coil set up. After replacing the ignition modual which got it running again will run fine take it 300meters down the road and will just die and i havnt a clue what it could be this time but as i turn it over the rev counter flickers and it tires to fire.
any help really appricated

tom reid
01-11-09, 09:26 PM
Can you smell petrol?, could be too rich/weak, an air leak?, fuel supply?

mowgli
01-11-09, 09:35 PM
drag it to a decent garage immediately.....it will save you a fortune in the long run.

benny f gsi,n it
01-11-09, 11:52 PM
yer plugs are wet and smels of petrol know fuel pump is working good and a weak spark

jimbob-mcgrew
02-11-09, 03:18 PM
plug gaps might need widening slightly to crank the spark. the fueling, if u can figure out which way to turn the screws might need downing a tad, its difficult to tell from the plugs when the cars not starting, as theyll get wet in any scenario if theres no bang to dry em. id reccomend a gunsons colourtune kit to set the fueling up, if u can get your hands on a timing gun too, that'll need to be a tad advanced i think, as twin carbs dont have a vaccum assist for the dizzy.