PDA

View Full Version : declaring redtop e.t.c!

jbird2009
01-11-09, 12:06 AM
how many people with redtops or c20let's have actually declared then on there insurance??

corsa1.4sport
01-11-09, 12:07 AM
probably about 3 in 5 declare them id say

jbird2009
01-11-09, 12:09 AM
o rite im just wondering what insurance is like one of them thats all dont suppose you have a idea?

Rickardo
01-11-09, 09:04 AM
Insurance will depend on your own circumstances, ie age, experience and where you live.

If you don't insure it properly, you could get a £5k fine. :eek:

Not worth it, declare it properly. :thumb:

Plug
01-11-09, 11:26 AM
if your still under 19/20 i seriously wouldnt bother with a redtop, start off with a c/e16se or c/x16xe

Pistol Pete
01-11-09, 11:50 AM
how many people with redtops or c20let's have actually declared then on there insurance??

Only cocks dont declare them IMO :thumb:

Ring around and get a few quotes. You will be shocked in a good or bad way!!

Ste L
01-11-09, 12:08 PM
Insurance will depend on your own circumstances, ie age, experience and where you live.

Not worth it, declare it properly. :thumb:

more than a 5k fine, if you crash and seriously injure somebody :eek: :eek:

sparkie1401
01-11-09, 12:44 PM
Only cocks dont declare them IMO :thumb:

Ring around and get a few quotes. You will be shocked in a good or bad way!!

agreed 110% with Pete58

and if you get pulled or have a bad accident, you are completely screwed, void insurance and will suffer for it for a long long time

its not worth the risk, i dont think PC plod will believe you when he clocks you at 96 in a 40 when he says pop the bonnet and you try convince him its a C12NZlol

xe_nova9
01-11-09, 01:03 PM
You can't talk your way out of it with VAUXHALL DOHC 16V on top of the engine.

mowgli
01-11-09, 02:46 PM
try confused.com.... I may be an old codger with a good no claims, but i was shocked how cheap i got mine for

Spudly
01-11-09, 03:34 PM
You can't talk your way out of it with VAUXHALL DOHC 16V on top of the engine.

Funny you should say that, i bought a merit that had been XE'd and i got a quote as a 2ltr before i decided to buy it, insured it as a 2ltr and ran it for a couple of days before i had the money to go and register it (pay the extra £36 in tax) one night i was kinda speeding a bit and i got stopped by a copper on a bike who asked me why it was so loud, i told him exhaust was blowing a bit under the sump to which he replied pop the bonnet then and fire it up :eek:

He rested his hand on the rocker and listened down the back for this 'blow' and didnt even notice, i didnt wanna tell him as obviously it wasnt taxed as a 2ltr so i was nervous as hell but at least it was insured correctly, luckily the next day was the day i went to my local office (payday) to tax it correctly.

Its not worth the risk as its tax evasion, insurance fraud, not to mention the pickle you would be in if you hit someone and wasnt registered or insured correctly, and plus with sites like askmid and vehiclelicence.gov.uk anyone and everyone can check you up and grass you up from the comfort of thier own armchairs now!

Jack
01-11-09, 04:36 PM
try confused.com.... I may be an old codger with a good no claims, but i was shocked how cheap i got mine for
Comparison sites are poo for engine conversions (and modified cars in general really) though

And have the car crushed!

I pay £395ish for my V6, the 20XE was roundabouts £100 cheaper iirc. But as said, its different for everyone (I'm an old fart) so the only way to get an accurate figure is to contact an insurance company and discuss it. Whilst they may not be able to quote you an exact price - as premiums can change from day to day - they should be able to give you a ballpark figure.

mowgli
01-11-09, 05:31 PM
rj, performance direct via confused was about £150 cheaper than everybody else.. even some of the modified car insurers poopooed it saying such things as.... 'we don't insure novas'

dougie_boi
01-11-09, 05:56 PM
im just in the middle of registering mine as a 2ltr redtop and its went up from £276 to £420 fully comp with sky on here and thats for me and the lady friend

novaxe235
01-11-09, 07:24 PM
rj, performance direct via confused was about £150 cheaper than everybody else.. even some of the modified car insurers poopooed it saying such things as.... 'we don't insure novas' when my nova was standard (gsi) performance direct was cheaper than everyone £135 fully comp limited mileage of 4000 a year etc.

supernovaxe
01-11-09, 07:51 PM
if youve crashed before, how long after do you have to notify the insurance companies

novaxe235
01-11-09, 08:00 PM
Anytime couple of years months whenever really
Duh straight away of course

supernovaxe
01-11-09, 10:41 PM
dont think youve quite understood pal, i crashed two years ago, how long do i have to notify my insurers for? 5 years ,10, the rest of my life? duh!

Jack
01-11-09, 11:38 PM
Claims/accidents are usually 5 years, but the insurance company should prompt you when getting a quote.