PDA

View Full Version : xe wiring help

dougie_boi
29-10-09, 09:25 PM
hey all wondering if somebody could help me with the wiring

1) looking for the switched live its a loom from a 1994 coil pack xe is it the black and yellow wire thats on the big round plug that connects the engine loom to the car loom that sits down where the passenger side inner wing is on the calibra

2)for the wire to go to the fuel pump do i just scotch lock a wire from the pump on to the thick blue and red wire on the fuel pump relay
thanks all :thumb:

let_nova
29-10-09, 09:28 PM
hey all wondering if somebody could help me with the wiring

1) looking for the switched live its a loom from a 1994 coil pack xe is it the black and yellow wire thats on the big round plug that connects the engine loom to the car loom that sits down where the passenger side inner wing is on the calibra

2)for the wire to go to the fuel pump do i just scotch lock a wire from the pump on to the thick blue and red wire on the fuel pump relay

1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/lashednova/XEWIRING.jpg

ALL WIRES/PLUGS ARE BLACK UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE

WIRES FROM THE DIAGRAM:

1- This is the wire which goes to the fuel pump, the fuel pump live. It is blue with a red trace, as illustrated.

2- This is the Fuel Pump Relay, they have a few wire going into them and only one coming out which is item 1 on the diagram

3- This is the big plug which goes into the ECU, It has a silver clip which you push down to secure the plug into the ECU, these can be tricky to master the first few times you do them!

4- These are the dash signal plugs, out of these two you will use the following wires:

BLUE- Temperature Display for Dash, to BLUE on Nova dials
BROWN with BLUE trace- ECU warning light, colour for colour on injection Nova dials/Digidash, unless it was a carb model, in which case, use the choke light as a ECU light, which is BROWN with YELLOW trace
GREEN- Tachometer (rev counter) goes to GREEN on nova dials

5- This is the gromet bung which is where the wires will go trhough to the inside of the car through a 60mm hole you drill in the bulkhead. TIP: you need to cut the tape holding the bung in place and slide it down towards the ECU plug for a better fitment

6- This is the Permanent live for the ECU, it is a red wire, in a black sheafing, it should have a ring terminal on the end, it goes to the positive side of the battery

7- this is the three pin plug for the Lambda Sensor, the line going through indicates that the plug should be around here somewhere.

8- This is the plug for the Air Flow Meter (Commonly known as AFM) Think it has 7 pins?

9- This is the coolant temperature wire, it is blue and simply pushes onto the nipple next to the Coolant Temperature Switch.

10- This is a blue plug with 2 pins, it goes to the coolant temperature switch sensor (commonly known as CTS Sensor). This is located at the front of the block by the top rad hose

11- This is the Crank Position Sensor,, it goes in the lower front face of the block, it is held in by one bolt. The line further up the loom towards the ECU indicates a plug for it

12- This Plug goes into the Hall Sensor on top of the distributor, it has 3 pins, you really cant miss this one!

13- This plug goes into the coil.

14- This is the switched live (a.k.a. Ignition Live). This should go to a 12V igtion live source, this will turn the ECU on and off with the ignition.

15- This is a 5 pin (I think?) plug which connects to the back of the block loom. It will be down by the speedo cable drive somewhere. (The loom from the back of the block should include, knock sensor, ICV etc)

16- These are earth, 3 separate wires, one on cambelt end, 2 on gearbox side, they should be earthed to the fuel rail.

17- This is the plug for the Fuel Tank Vent Valve, it is a 2 pin plug. It goes at the very end of the block, usually bolted to the bottom stud of the inlet manifold (gearbox end)

18- This is a plug for the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) It is located on the cambelt side of the throttle body.

Other Wires

You need an earth that goes from the gearbox to the chassis.

You also need to connect the starter motor live to the +ve side of the battery

From the Nova Engine Loom (found by brake fluid reservoir), you also need to connect the black with red trace to same colour on the engine loom at back for the starter motor. Again from the Nova loom, you need the blue with white trace as the remote wire for alternator, to the same colour on the XE loom. Again for the Oil pressure, you need to connect the blue with yellow trace and blue with green trace to the XE Oil Pressure sender, this is found down behind the Oil Filter.

2. yes with a inline fuse

dougie_boi
29-10-09, 09:32 PM
thanks matey but doesnt say what coulor the switched live is bud

let_nova
29-10-09, 09:34 PM
black i think

w88rdy
29-10-09, 09:35 PM
Black on a 1994 some of the early ones have a black and yellow iirc

let_nova
29-10-09, 09:36 PM
anyway go and get that spoiler off ross.... i will give you fuel money!

dougie_boi
29-10-09, 09:36 PM
i think theres a black and a black/yellow on the big plug lol dont want to join the wrong one incase i burst it lol

dougie_boi
29-10-09, 09:38 PM
anyway go and get that spoiler off ross.... i will give you fuel money! a would if i could get a hold of him mate hes been keeping out of me and andys road because he owes us money

Lee H
29-10-09, 10:57 PM
You don't use the big round plug at all. Throw that part of the loom in the bin and use the original Nova wiring for the starter, alternator etc.

Black is switched live.

dougie_boi
30-10-09, 07:52 AM
You don't use the big round plug at all. Throw that part of the loom in the bin and use the original Nova wiring for the starter, alternator etc.

Black is switched live.
thanks mate yeah wasnt sure about that plug but didnt want to chop it out as theres quite a few wires going to it or can it be separated and took out without interfering with other wires

let_nova
30-10-09, 07:56 AM
i used the plug in mine. thought it would be hand when taking the engine out again

Lee H
30-10-09, 08:06 AM
thanks mate yeah wasnt sure about that plug but didnt want to chop it out as theres quite a few wires going to it or can it be separated and took out without interfering with other wires

can just be seperated from the engine loom without cutting anything.

dougie_boi
30-10-09, 08:08 AM
excellent mate thanks :thumb:

dougie_boi
30-10-09, 09:12 AM
this is the plug here do you know where the wires go back to and is this where the black switched live is http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll27/dougieboi_01/xeplug2.jpg

joff-turbo-nova
30-10-09, 12:39 PM

I would recommend that you solder and heatshink (preferably the type with the lined adhesive) as this will give a lasting joint.

Scotch locks are just plain cr@p and will give you no end of problems in the future.

Joff