PDA

View Full Version : Which alarm is better? Toad Ai606 or Clifford Concept 300?

Haps23
16-03-03, 04:05 PM
I'm thinking of buying the Toad Ai606 or Clifford Concept 300. Which one is better? My Novas delocked all round so which is more reliable?

Also, does anyone know of Serpi Star alarms? My Nova came with one fitted but not sure how good they are?

Ben (lurk75)
16-03-03, 04:24 PM
Right this comes up a lot, certain people always stick up for Clifford, i myslef find the Toads excellent, I own the Ai606 and the C5T2. (Ai606 Golf GTi, C5T2 Nova GSi)

The two alarms you have asked about are completely different as the Toad Ai606 is one of the best alarms they do with loads of features built in, the Clifford 300 is there mid range model, not enough features to be excellent and just enough to be rated.

They are both reputable Manufaturers and if they are both installed cortrectly should never give you problems.

I personally find it much easier to deactivate the Cliffords than the Toads (im not a car theif) Due to the fact that all prestige car owners fit Cliffords, Car thiefs have researched them a lot more and have found more ways around these.

No disrespcet as i am a Nova owner to, its not worth spending ?500 on an alarm for a Nova when it does exactly the same job as a Cat 1 alarm that costs ?250

One major point to make again. Make sure you get it proffesionally fitted by a VSIB registered fitter, it will cost more but you will see the difference.

Haps23
16-03-03, 04:32 PM
Quotes for both alarms are in the region of ?350 including fitting.

Ben (lurk75)
16-03-03, 04:39 PM
like i said the Toad has more features than the 300, so its as easy as that. But its your car.

Haps23
16-03-03, 05:44 PM
I think with Clifford it may be the brand name "Clifford" simply justifying the ?350 price tag. Whereas in reality the Toad one is the better alarm of the two. I think Toad is a good make in its own right anyway.

What do others think about it?

Freak
16-03-03, 06:11 PM
Concept 100 is better than the 300- more sensors etc....you are paying for the cat 1 status which in my opinion is a waste of time.
Add a proximity sensor onto a concept 100 and you have a well protected car.

DO NOT GET IT FITTED BY GAP SECURITY

whitey
16-03-03, 06:16 PM
There is some new alarm systems by magiscan which include proximity sensors and pager and a LCD screen to show you what and where on car has been comprimised within 1 km radius! For about ?429 inc fitting!

Have a search for one! VERY good from what i seen