PDA

View Full Version : c20 xe nova gearlinkage

w88rdy
28-10-09, 10:19 PM
Gearlinkage required for 20xe conversion,rose linkage would be nice let me know what you have :thumb:

pul16v
28-10-09, 10:41 PM
do you not have a std linkage with the plastic bit spun round pal , or you just wanting a rose jointed one ?

dougie_boi
29-10-09, 07:02 PM
ive got a c20xe linkage from a calibra if thats any good

w88rdy
29-10-09, 09:31 PM
do you not have a std linkage with the plastic bit spun round pal , or you just wanting a rose jointed one ?

Yes pul ive got the linkage from the nova but when selecting 2nd and 4th the linkage hits the steering rack it goes in gear but jumps out sometimes,i need to set it up again as i cant get 5th either lol

Been told to get the linkage from a cav?

loggyboy
31-10-09, 09:55 AM
You need a nova linkge (the pivot part) a cav/calibra one will not fit.

If your nova orginially had a 4 speed bpx you may be struggling to get 5th as there is sometimes a plastic blocking peice under the gearstick gaiter. (this was because vaux sold some 4 speed novas with 5 speed boxes fitted and the bit of plastic simply stopped people from engaging 5th!)
as for catching the rack, that could be just down to the position of the engine and tolerance, try grinding or bending the linkage as it shouldnt need more than a few mm as they are always close.

w88rdy
31-10-09, 10:17 PM
Cheers loggyboy,the car had 5 speed box before it must just need adjusting as sometimes it will go in lol