PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To This ?

vaughanmc
27-10-09, 10:10 PM
Used to be a very clean car...

What's happened to it now ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-NOVA-GSI-MODIFIED-16V-ECOTEC-SPARES-REPAIR_W0QQitemZ250521044129QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAut omobiles_UK?hash=item3a5437c4a1

If it's the same one I'm thinking of anyway...

let_nova
27-10-09, 10:12 PM
did vxandy not have that?

let_nova
27-10-09, 10:13 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116704

Spudly
27-10-09, 10:14 PM
Fcuk me that poor thing is battered, its been crashed you can see from the O/S/F corner and the interior looks like its been used as a workhorse, that was clean as hell less than a year ago im sure, thats shocking:eek:

Its not even for sale by the looks of that its being broken up....?

Joe Richardson
27-10-09, 10:15 PM
looks like someones abused a nice car:cry:

Tommy_nova
27-10-09, 10:15 PM
Christ what the hell i really like this car was looking at buying it last year what a shame to see it like that now.... has it been crashed or sumthing..

craig green
27-10-09, 10:17 PM
woah. That fell into good hands then????!!!

AlexW
I reckon its been hit up the **** too, looking at the missing bumper and the dodgy taken picture.

John
That's a real shame, Sure vx andy had it at some point as already said. Used to belong to a chap named Ian iirc.

MyNovaSr
27-10-09, 10:18 PM
Thats a serious shame, looks like its been crashed!! Was a seriously minted, well respected nova!

RIP lol..

GRUNT 16V
Shame Shame

craig green
unforseen Circumstances

AlexW
27-10-09, 10:19 PM
That's a real shame, Sure vx andy had it at some point as already said. Used to belong to a chap named Ian iirc.

Andy did indeed have it for a while. Somone else had it on here too. Think its changed hands a few times acualy.

Not like his sr tho lol

GRUNT 16V
27-10-09, 10:19 PM
woah. That fell into good hands then????!!!
SAME AS MINE !!

John
27-10-09, 10:20 PM
Also seem here too on the tv bruntingthorpe day.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117224&highlight=bruntingthorpe

MK999
27-10-09, 10:24 PM
can't be too much to fix to warrant breaking it up, assuming the rear end isn't touching the back of the passenger seat. Looking at the front though it seems to be a case of 2 bumpers sprayed up and job jobbed

Edd
27-10-09, 10:25 PM
Like many ruined in a short space of time.

John
27-10-09, 10:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/tom_beverley/TotalVauxhallDayBrunters1510-1.jpg

MyNovaSr
27-10-09, 10:29 PM
let just hope its not the victim of being stolen and broken.

NO V5????

Tommy_nova
27-10-09, 10:30 PM
pvs08 looked the dogs then
http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tommy_Nova/DSC00371.jpg

Spudly
27-10-09, 10:43 PM
I just hope Iain (Clean 2.0 nova) doesnt see this thread tbh he put a shed load of love and effort into that car and im sure he will be gutted to see it like that, and being broken too....:cry:

craig green
27-10-09, 10:45 PM
Not wrong Spudly, he was a nice chap & a true enthusiast. Refreshingly different that car despite obvious bodystyling.

MyNovaSr
27-10-09, 10:49 PM
I just hope Iain (Clean 2.0 nova) doesnt see this thread tbh he put a shed load of love and effort into that car and im sure he will be gutted to see it like that, and being broken too....:cry:

Agreed, didnt it also have loads of up to date features on it. He did put loads of time and love into this car, tis a certain shame! I feel like buying it and bringing it back to its former glory!!

Spudly
27-10-09, 10:54 PM
Agreed, didnt it also have loads of up to date features on it. He did put loads of time and love into this car, tis a certain shame! I feel like buying it and bringing it back to its former glory!!

Iirc yes, it has/had full trip comp and power steering iirc, reversing sensors, custom center console and all the twiddly electric bits youd get in an ecotec engined car, epic waste for it to be pulled apart like that tbh, and if you can afford it then do it (if the guy selling/breaking will sell it whole which i get the feeling they wont) :cry::cry:

VXandy
27-10-09, 11:05 PM
Hi everyone,

Just to point out i did use to own the car, it however didn't get to that state in my hands, once i sold it, it stayed with the same lad up untill now. The unforseen circumstances is in fact the lad has died. The car has been sat for a long time because of this. Before the lads death he unfortunately did manage to put it into a field hence the damage to the front end. As one of you have pointed out there's no pictures of the rear, im told the car is beyond repair, which i know is a shame.

I didn't know the car was being broken but i will be having a chat with the chap thats now taking care of it to see if i could possibly buy the car back and try and sort it out.

Thanks

Andy

AlexW
27-10-09, 11:06 PM
Shame :(

Edd
27-10-09, 11:08 PM
Iv edited my post after hearing that otherwise I would of sounded a c*nt

Spudly
27-10-09, 11:09 PM
Hi everyone,

Just to point out i did use to own the car, it however didn't get to that state in my hands, once i sold it, it stayed with the same lad up untill now. The unforseen circumstances is in fact the lad has died. The car has been sat for a long time because of this. Before the lads death he unfortunately did manage to put it into a field hence the damage to the front end. As one of you have pointed out there's no pictures of the rear, im told the car is beyond repair, which i know is a shame.

I didn't know the car was being broken but i will be having a chat with the chap thats now taking care of it to see if i could possibly buy the car back and try and sort it out.

Thanks

Andy

In which case it needs saving as for one its a rare car as its one of the most inovative yet subtle cars around and if the lad has died then its a shame to let it die too imo, if you can mate please do it as its a lovely motor and will be such an enormous waste to see it pulled apart and ebayed off!

bmw156
27-10-09, 11:10 PM
O ****, i bet no one saw that coming

AlexW
27-10-09, 11:12 PM
In which case it needs saving as for one its a rare car as its one of the most inovative yet subtle cars around and if the lad has died then its a shame to let it die too imo, if you can mate please do it as its a lovely motor and will be such an enormous waste to see it pulled apart and ebayed off!

+1. Andy get it done, im sure there would be a long list of people wanting it.

Spudly
27-10-09, 11:14 PM
+1. Andy get it done, im sure there would be a long list of people wanting it.

And plus as proven on here many times over, nothing is beyond repair, i quote burgos old silver TD, (iirc) met a telegraph pole or similar and wiped out the full side just behind the drivers door, bit of weldy weldy and was back on the road in a weekend:thumb:

AlexW
27-10-09, 11:16 PM
Never seen it :(

Even if it was re-shelled, as there is soo much left from the original car i don't see why the DVLA wouldn't let it be a proper re-shell (same plates etc).

Would be good to see it back in its former glory.

Brettski
27-10-09, 11:35 PM
tis a shame this is as i did some work on this for vx andy and wot a lovely car to drive i never would of thought it had an ecotec under the bonnet it did drive and corner so well :cry: :cry: :cry:

L14MNP
28-10-09, 02:09 PM
:( Never seen that post!

AlexW
28-10-09, 02:20 PM
Limp have you read the thread?

L14MNP
28-10-09, 02:24 PM
Limp have you read the thread?
I skimmed through mate. Never seen Andys post. Don't know how :/

Luckily my eBay message was still to be sent - was sure I had submitted it.
Pleased I never! :(

Hobbit
28-10-09, 02:29 PM
Thats ok then, would've been a touch harsh :(

L14MNP
28-10-09, 02:43 PM
Thats ok then, would've been a touch harsh :(
No question mate! :(

It will be nice to see something of this car once more though, whether it's a reshell or repair. I'm another fan of it. Love the colour. :)

w88rdy
30-10-09, 06:55 PM
Just to let you guys know that ive bought this car so its going to a good home !

Spudly
30-10-09, 06:56 PM
Good lad, have some +Rep:thumb:

And get a thread up when you get it please :d

w88rdy
30-10-09, 07:01 PM
Will do matey its being dropped off tomorrow and is a wrk in progess, the boot floor is quite bad but the rest of it needs some tlc for sure.

Spudly
30-10-09, 07:15 PM
Glad its come back on here again, look after her wont ya bud tis such a shame to see it end up the way it has but at least things are looking up for the old girl:thumb:

CoolTiger
30-10-09, 07:27 PM
And plus as proven on here many times over, nothing is beyond repair, i quote burgos old silver TD, (iirc) met a telegraph pole or similar and wiped out the full side just behind the drivers door, bit of weldy weldy and was back on the road in a weekend:thumb:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/CoolTiger1992/DSCN1636.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/CoolTiger1992/DSCN1633.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/CoolTiger1992/DSCN1635.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/CoolTiger1992/DSCN1637.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/CoolTiger1992/burgosrepair.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/CoolTiger1992/burgosrepair-1.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/CoolTiger1992/burgosrepair-2.jpg
:thumb:

w88rdy
30-10-09, 08:15 PM
i was told the owner passed away and his parents didnt want to see the car again, the damage is bad, and maybe unrepairable cost wise but it has so many good bits we bought it for its potential

ade
30-10-09, 11:27 PM
shame re the state but this really made me laugh at the bottom in the Q&A section -

Q: ow much fur da engene loam n box m8
A: What?

WTF - engene loam? Is that some kind of new ferterlizer?

lol

Bubba
30-10-09, 11:37 PM
shame re the state but this really made me laugh at the bottom in the Q&A section -

WTF - engene loam? Is that some kind of new ferterlizer?

lol

******* i was about to post that..

except it was the answer that made me laugh

Q: ow much fur da engene loam n box m8
A: What?

w88rdy
31-10-09, 09:17 PM
Yes they had some of the usual suspects enquire about the car, we have started stripping today and the rear damage has took the boot floor,passenger quarter,chassis leg ,wheel arch etc and they also hit the front drivers side so the front panel and passenger wing and inner wing would need replacing also.

We have decided to strip it of all the bits and find a new shell so it will live on in a way.

If anyone is interested in the rolling shell to repair they are welcome to make an offer and have a go,the colour looks great and its such a shame to have to scrap it but i cant justify spending the time or money to get it straight again

will get some pics up soon

Graeme
31-10-09, 09:41 PM
I heard the lad was having some trouble with a bird and a mate and decided enough was enough and took his own life, real shame as I spoke to him and a mate @ pvs09 and they both seemed ok, shame for the car also it had some really trick and nice features, enjoyed reading the wip when I first started coming on here

RIP the lad and the car

w88rdy
31-10-09, 10:26 PM
wow, thats bad :(

Yes mate the car has some nice feautures and a few cheesy ones imo but should help us mate another cracking nova and do the lad proud :thumb: .

It has electric mirrors , power steering, ecotec engine, full stainless system, adjustable suspension, digi dash ,gsi kit (damaged front bumper and no rear) speedlines painted anthracite and even more no doubt.

Tommy_nova
31-10-09, 10:28 PM
i like the centre console looks cool is it molded in to the dash

w88rdy
31-10-09, 10:32 PM
lol it was ive smashed it out today it wasnt to my taste at all and was in so well it was the only way to get it out.

Tommy_nova
01-11-09, 03:22 AM
ahh what lol i would of had that off you what car was it out of

lol it was ive smashed it out today it wasnt to my taste at all and was in so well it was the only way to get it out.

Plug
01-11-09, 11:34 AM
in the questions

Q: hi mate noticed you would sell complete how much?? does the car still drive and start ok? not bothered abouth the rear end shunt easily repaired! cheers patrick28-Oct-09A: will sell complete. Can't be sold locally. Previous owner, young lad, died suddenly, relatives don't want to see the car again, obvious reasons. make offer and say where you are from.please bear in mind 87 enquiries up to now for this classic
??

Bubba
01-11-09, 02:00 PM
read page 3 i think. explained there

Clean 2.0 nova
01-12-09, 10:39 PM
Oh Dear

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/viewfeaturecar.php?ref=3501

(RIP)

Spudly
01-12-09, 10:41 PM
I feel for you Iain, i was kinda hoping you wouldnt see this:cry:

Clean 2.0 nova
01-12-09, 10:46 PM
I don't know who said it was good at cornering because I thought it was rubbish. Twas merely a show car - certainly not for racing around streets (and through hedges). I agree about the centre console - the interior was the only place lacking and was for the next owner to put their mark on it.

I think if the shell is past it then it will never be the same - The shell was finished to a very, very high standard.

Spudly
01-12-09, 10:47 PM
I think from the jist of it the shell was still good but it had been shunted up the ass end:(

Bubba
01-12-09, 10:54 PM
i need a clean shell :P

L14MNP
01-12-09, 10:56 PM
Ah never! It was yours! Hence the cross that has been through your DP for ages. Always wondered what happened to your car mate! :(

w88rdy
12-12-09, 09:32 PM
Quick update , ive bought a donor car thats a bit straighter than this was in the end and am picking it up tommorow.

Will start a project thread off when we start building the new one with all the salvaged bits so it will live again in a way lol