PDA

View Full Version : c20xe reving only to 4k?

turbo-boy
27-10-09, 07:38 PM
hello there got a fault in my xe. its like goimg into safe mode only revin to 4k like a limiter.i think my airflow could be scrap or my tps. i havnt got my engine light wired up. anyone any ideas

General Baxter
27-10-09, 07:39 PM
i have an idea,

wire the light up ?

or just go and spend £300 on sensors

let_nova
27-10-09, 07:42 PM
i have an idea,

wire the light up ?

or just go and spend £300 on sensors

:thumb:

Southie
27-10-09, 07:48 PM
If the management lights not plugged in then you may have many a reason "sensor wise" why it's not working.

Once you've wired it up google topbuzz for help ;)

turbo-boy
27-10-09, 07:59 PM
its an xe turbo thats why i never pluged it in. was running fine then next minute just reving up and down when i give it throttle.will hav a look at it tomorrow

let_nova
27-10-09, 08:11 PM
air leak? so you came on here to ask without even a small inspection yourself?????!!!!

turbo-boy
27-10-09, 08:14 PM
i no everything is ok its a sensor problem.and its not my o2 sensor as i never hav it pluged in

Jon_nova1
27-10-09, 08:18 PM
nice deduction lol

so whos going to suggest unhooking the rest of the sensors?

having problems and thinking it might be my tps, i walked to my other car, disconnected the tps, started the engine and revved it, it revved fine, but idle's high, but then again, if its gone into limp mode.....

General Baxter
27-10-09, 09:06 PM
its an xe turbo thats why i never pluged it in.

oh wow a nova turbo,

so just becasue its a turbo you have never pluged your light in?

tard FTW lol
its 1 ****ing wire, just wire it in ffs

General Baxter
27-10-09, 09:07 PM
i no everything is ok its a sensor problem.and its not my o2 sensor as i never hav it pluged in

WHAT??
nothing on what your saying makes any bloody sense, i suggest you plug your 02 sensor in, do you think they fitted it for the bloody fun of it ?

and your title says c20xe, a leaf blower in the engine bay does not make is a c20let

craig green
27-10-09, 09:15 PM
Go easy Baxter!

As said above, you really ought to plug in the lambda, & try to get the EML working. The EML will literally point you to the problem if the issue is with a sensor.

Does the engine rev beyond 4k just revving it or will it not pull past 4k when in gear/accelerating on the road??
Is the 'limiter' just a reluctance to rev higher or is it a sensation of having your head thrown toward the windscreen??

being turbo'd, I fear the problem could be (lack of) fuel related.

Give us more to go on to help you.............

General Baxter
27-10-09, 09:16 PM
Go easy Baxter!

hugs and kisses :thumb:

turbo-boy
28-10-09, 07:59 AM
welll i have done 2k in the its not a proper let as im using xe management. all was good.i havthe o2 sensor unplugged cause it runs better with it of and i also hav the hnock sensor disconeccted as it retards the timing by 5deg. when it hits 4k it puts you out the window. thanks for you input baxter

General Baxter
28-10-09, 09:44 AM
hows the fueling done for the turbo ?

have you just thrown a turbo onto a std xe then ?

burgo
28-10-09, 10:40 AM
the knock sensor is retarding the ignition because it detects detonation!!!! in other words its sensing somethings not right. im guessing its sensing thats its going ubber lean due to the management not knowing what to do with the fueling due to you not having the lambda connected. just because its goes "better" with various sensors unplugged doesnt mean its going properly. im guessing your deffinition of better is quicker??? that will be because its running lean and running to much advance!! you getting the picture yet??

turbo-boy
28-10-09, 11:21 PM
got car sorted today was a loose earth strap.car is fueling fine i think if it was going to blow up it would hav by now