PDA

View Full Version : interior or exterior?

1389cc sri
15-03-03, 10:05 PM
what do you peeps is the most important part to start modifying?

coz everyone sees your car from the outside

but its you who has 2 sit in it all day driving

cheers

Chris LR
15-03-03, 10:07 PM
Engine..... Mechanics........

1389cc sri
15-03-03, 10:10 PM
my engine is running sweetly now, n ive got bout a grand to start modifying

Chris LR
15-03-03, 10:15 PM
Interior then, If not Security

whitey
15-03-03, 10:20 PM
Agree there! Do security, then ICE so u can actually listen to music whilst you drive and wait to save more money!

Then some basic interior stuff, followed by alloys and lowering, then more interior, then major exterior (body kit etc) then finish the interior!

Thats roughly the usual way to do things if you GOTTA do it in stages!

ade
16-03-03, 11:39 AM
security and some exterior, then interir (ICE etc)

Add immob/alarm/cent to cent locking, delock it, Lower it, alloys (15's/16's), clean up rust (if any), subtle bumper change or colour code bumpers/mirrors etc, add skirts

Interior - install ICE, new head unit, pods for fronts, stealth or custom build for rear, AMP(s), 6x9's, sub etc etc.

Retrim seats (fit new sporty seats), remove rear seats, retrim roof, tint windows slightly

List goes on - depends on time and budget

Security 1st though...

Fester
16-03-03, 01:34 PM
buy an ?80 disklok thing as well yeah its a pain in the ass to take on and off but it looks well imposing

dont know how they stand up in the real world but must be far better than those mekano style bar ones that just slot through.

if it stops one person who walks past from having a go then its done its job

novaboy1.2
16-03-03, 07:28 PM
Depends if the exterior needs any attention or if your wanting to put a bodykit on it. If exterior is good then get some security and ice and just take it from there.

Chris LR
16-03-03, 07:32 PM
I used a D shape Lock with Nova, and a Stoplok on the Landy, if I Leave the Landy in a vunrable place I simple unbolt the steering wheel. The Starting Handle has long since been removed.

I've heard that even the Best Steering Locks can be done in under 10 mins, so if you leave it in a remote place, you haven't got a chance unless electronicly immobilised.

mikeoxford
16-03-03, 09:26 PM
SECURITY BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE

Exterior

Interior

Ice

whitey
17-03-03, 12:31 AM
SECURITY BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE

Exterior

Interior

Ice

Agree with the security but id say get some basic ICE first expecially if you aint taking the car off the road! Get some which is good enough that you can still use it when u decide to expand later on!

?Marty?
17-03-03, 12:55 AM
No such thing as what's best. It depends on how far you're going to go, and what you consider important.

As you might spend a lot of time/money on one part of the car, and end up running out and leaving the rest unfinished.

Whitey has a preference for ice, where as i have done EVERYHTING BUT that first. Well, apart from a CD headunit. But most cars come with a radio/speakers, granted they're shit, but so what.

Also, ice adds VERY little value when it comes to selling it on again.

Start with wheels & suspension. Then maybe an exhaust and filter. Then a few things inside, like steering wheel and gear knob. Then whatever else you want - inside or out.

But security should be first.

novax
17-03-03, 08:46 PM
First and formost the shell needs all the attention it needs to get it sorted. No point modding a rusty shell as if you don't catch it you're buggered. If all that's OK then I'd do the bodywork/kit and some security including delocking....

?Marty?
17-03-03, 09:07 PM
Depends on how long you intend to keep the car, and how far you intend to take it.

mikeoxford
17-03-03, 10:20 PM
oh and one other tiny tiny thing

BUDGET

mikeoxford
17-03-03, 10:20 PM
oh and one other tiny tiny thing

BUDGET

?Marty?
18-03-03, 12:32 AM
I think that was covered by my 'how far you intend to take it' comment, as this would be constrained by budget too.

mikeoxford
18-03-03, 09:40 AM
true

mark_GSi
18-03-03, 11:10 AM
sercurity m8, no point having nice car if it gets nicked 2 weeks l8tr eh?? :roll:

mikeoxford
18-03-03, 02:02 PM
and dont think it wont either cos it WILL

?Marty?
18-03-03, 11:24 PM
Yep. I'll nick it.