PDA

View Full Version : Changing clocks

nova-saloon
27-10-09, 06:18 PM
i'm looking to change the standard clocks in my mk1 nova for some 6 dial sr clocks. what i'm needing to know is will my wiring loom and plug do the job for the 6 dial clocks. thanks in advance, mike

Southie
27-10-09, 06:23 PM
If there mk1 clocks then they'll fit ie sr or gte. If there gsi clocks then they won't.

What engine do you have?

nova-saloon
27-10-09, 06:30 PM
yeah they're mk1 clocks. engine was a 1.2 carb

brainsnova
27-10-09, 06:31 PM
oil pressure sender unit and rev counter wire may need attention the rest will work.

mowgli
27-10-09, 06:35 PM
later mk1's usually have the extra wires in the loom, take a look behind the dassh to see if there are a couple of extra ones poking out, the rev counter one is green & there should be an extra bit near the coil to connect it, can't remember what the oil one is, but a poke around the back of the engine should tell you

nova-saloon
27-10-09, 06:40 PM
oil pressure sender unit and rev counter wire may need attention the rest will work.

what sort of work is involved for the oil pressure and rev counter. i'm in the middle of doing a 20xe conversion if thats makes a difference.

nova-saloon
27-10-09, 06:41 PM
later mk1's usually have the extra wires in the loom, take a look behind the dassh to see if there are a couple of extra ones poking out, the rev counter one is green & there should be an extra bit near the coil to connect it, can't remember what the oil one is, but a poke around the back of the engine should tell you

my car is a H reg, so that would be the last of the mk1s if i'm right

brainsnova
27-10-09, 06:42 PM
the xe will have the bits you need then lol

nova-saloon
27-10-09, 06:45 PM
the xe will have the bits you need then lol

thats what i thought, its been a long day:tard: . just wanted to make sure the plugs were the same before i bought the 6 dial items

thanks alot guys