PDA

View Full Version : Wiring a 2ltr 8v into a nova? help

McFall1984
27-10-09, 05:46 PM
i bought a 1992 nove an bought a 1991 sri cav engine, the 2ltr seh 130 engine, im no mechanic an i had a fella who was wiring the enigne but has now buggered off an i printed out the diagram for the redtop but there still some issues were having an wants to know is there any diagrams for the 2ltr 8v enigne an the nova?
any help is appreciated

JordyzNova
27-10-09, 05:57 PM
search mate :thumb:
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86668

McFall1984
27-10-09, 06:01 PM
yes i have that diagram but its not for the 8v, i have wires thats not on that guide an theres wires on that guide that my car hasnt got,

brake-dust
27-10-09, 06:21 PM
im also having issues wiring a 8v into a spi loom

McFall1984
27-10-09, 06:28 PM
im not a mechanic but a mechanic kinda knows wat he is doing, but the redtop fiagram is great but i have more wires than its telling me,
he would no more if he had a 2ltr seh diagram infront of him.
or does anyone know were i can find 1 or anyone done a seh conversion into a nova?

craig green
27-10-09, 07:01 PM
Most of the GM engines that people use for a transplant (incl the ones you state) use a simple few wires to make them run. Within the loom & ECU this is far more complex & many, many more wires. Ignore all that.

To make the ECU & thus the engine run. You need to;

Provide a switched Live, Constant live, earth, fuel pump live wire, rev counter wire, temp gauge. From the ECU they will all be on a single plug. You don't state what model of Nova it is/was but it is not hard to source them from behind the dash & fuse box.

In essence the job is the same for the 8v's, 16v's, turbo's & other GM injection engines.

McFall1984
27-10-09, 07:07 PM
its a 1992 1.2 4speed, not sure if it was carbed or not tho

we have a plug or 2 were not sure about were it goes, an the coil has 2 spaces for plugs, we have 1 plug an a green an black wire i think it is without a plug on the end, not sure if its being chopped off or doesnt go on the coil at all

nova-taken
30-10-09, 09:40 PM
thin green n black wires go to the coil, should really be connected to a plug that goes to the coilpack which covers all the available spades, thus using just two wires, all the other wires you have will correspond to the original nova loom, any that dont, may not have to be used.

i had the same trouble wiring the same engine into my first nova.

think it was here i had the answer from in the first place actually