PDA

View Full Version : k and n bolt on air filter

Morton
27-10-09, 04:01 PM
mine didnt come with bolts wer do i get the bolts ???
are ther ones on the original air filter you use or what ????

Nova_Tek
27-10-09, 04:04 PM
Do you mean you didnt get the 3 little capped nuts that secure the filter to the carb or you didnt get any of the extention bolts and nuts?

If its just the top 3 securing capped nuts then you can buy them from B&Q.

Morton
27-10-09, 04:06 PM
i didnt get anything with it

Nova_Tek
27-10-09, 04:08 PM
Like ı said mate, I know for sure you can buy the capped nuts from places like B&Q but have no idea if you can get the extensions for it. Maybe check out ebay or hopefully someone on here may have an idea or know where to get what you need.

Sorry I can't be any more helpful

Morton
27-10-09, 04:10 PM
no worries..

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
27-10-09, 04:50 PM
this is what i need the 3 bolts that connect the air filter to the carb

jimbob-mcgrew
27-10-09, 11:05 PM
inner threaded hex bars if u can get hold of em might do the job, cut them to size for the inside of the filter and screws down into them to lock it all together. youll have to be prety precise with the measurements i woulda thought tho, too tight and its gonna warp the lid and base plate possibly, allowing air thru, too loose and the filter will rattle around. if u didnt get those studs i guess u didnt get the cork gasket either, you might have to take the thickness of that into account for the measurements.

Morton
27-10-09, 11:36 PM
what measure ments am i looking for sounds complicated ..

jimbob-mcgrew
28-10-09, 02:07 AM
the inside measurement between the 2 halves of the k&n, impossible to measure with it assembled, as its a sealed unit when together.
tape measure from point to point on the outside should be a close guess tho, and if need be, shave a mil off that cut stud to suit a good fit. if that makes sense lol

tape measure, hacksaw and a file should do it. then 2/3 screws to screw into those studs, maybe some fibre washers on the screws to keep it airtight too :thumb: