PDA

View Full Version : Working abroad mainly australia.

Rexy
27-10-09, 02:53 PM
Few things have popped up at work, basically its looking like the guys on his **** and i cant see his buisness lasting for more than 12mths.

i was looking on the jobcentre website andthere is nothing for my trade tbh ive always heard they are looking for painters in australia so had a look on the list of trades. And they are needing painters and panel beaters.

So..... on that, Has anybody info or advice on ****ing off from here and getting over there lol.

I have a friend whos family have moved out there, so im going to speak to her asap. and see whats needed etc

I'm going to have to have a proper read up on the website later on when i finish.

:thumb:

MK999
27-10-09, 02:59 PM
Recommend a plane over swimming, as it's a fooking long way and well worth the expense lol

AlexW
27-10-09, 03:07 PM
Be ready for a long time on a plane.

auzzy2000
27-10-09, 03:19 PM
I know loads of people who say they are going and then they come back within a year.Bricklayer i know went out there in january and hes fining it tough.mainly missing people back here.its a big move.its all done on a points system.if you have a trade they need then you should be ok .and it doesnt take that long to be excepted either.Do you like fosters.lol

draper
27-10-09, 03:33 PM
doooo it

mate of mine has just gone back over there after spending 6years here and he says the only thing he misses are his mates

its pretty straight forward process afaik

if you've been in prison you cant go tho (ironic lol)

General Lee
27-10-09, 03:44 PM
If you ask for a Fosters, it's actually considered rude, and you will get stared at. But year definatley a plane. I Have relative out there, cracking place, would move in a heatbeat if i could.

Stuart
27-10-09, 03:48 PM
iirc you need £3K in the bank or similar otherwise they wont like it lol

GDN16v
27-10-09, 03:55 PM
You'll need to apply for a work visa before you go and have a job lined up, you cant go on a tourist visa and just decide to stay and work!
The plane ride isnt to bad, although its seriously boring!:thumb:

Its a very nice place to live and holiday, as my uncle lives there and ive been over a couple of times. But its no different to working here although its hotter and sunnier!;)

Matt
27-10-09, 04:32 PM
My brother's going over to work in New Zealand this week for 5 months (or longer if he likes it)....

I'd rather go New Zealand than Australia to be honest.

Mike
27-10-09, 04:44 PM
One of my sisters is going to Australia on a working holiday for 12 months come the end of this November, from what ive heard just about every type of work going is *allegedly* crying out. Apparently?

General Baxter
27-10-09, 04:46 PM
lol move here, theres a car painter job on my local centre £750pw lol

Rexy
27-10-09, 06:41 PM
750 a week, what the bloody hell is that painting?

MK999
27-10-09, 06:44 PM
750 a week, what the bloody hell is that painting?

Airbuses lol

Sloth
27-10-09, 06:47 PM
im going next august time, if you have a "skilled trade" you dont need to acrue points. luckily being a mechanic i get in, but the fact im marrying a fine australian woman, that helps too. pm me and ill find the links...

General Baxter
27-10-09, 06:48 PM
im going next august time, if you have a "skilled trade" you dont need to acrue points. luckily being a mechanic i get in, but the fact im marrying a fine australian woman, that helps too. pm me and ill find the links...

could you please stop talking out your **** for 30 seconds lol

Sloth
27-10-09, 06:52 PM
scuse me? please point out the supposed **** theirin.....

craig green
27-10-09, 06:55 PM
IIRC you need to apply for your working VISA & have £2k i the bank to cover for the eventuality that you might run out of work & need to be able to get a new plane ride home.

If I had a trade I'd be out there tbh. Much better lifestyle & just generally a lot more space to do things in... Like drifting Holden Utes about the place.

It's Castlemaine XXXX that the Aussies really rip the pi55 out of btw.

Jack
27-10-09, 06:59 PM
My brother's going over to work in New Zealand this week for 5 months (or longer if he likes it)....

I'd rather go New Zealand than Australia to be honest.
Of all the people I know that have emigrated south - and there's been quite a few - the general consensus is NZ is better. The climate, population, lifestyle, house prices, etc were all better. Plus there's less wildlife waiting to kill you

Mike
27-10-09, 07:03 PM
Yes, you do need a work VISA, there quite easy to get, my sisters is an ex uni bum an still managed to get one LOL! Dunno on the £2k tho, ill have to ask her when shes back from Spain wheres shes currently working!!

Stuart
27-10-09, 07:04 PM
Plus there's less wildlife waiting to kill you

Thats the major thing stopping me from going out there (oz) at all, let alone to live lol

note in the towns and cities, the police are uber hardcore regarding speeding.

Sloth
27-10-09, 07:04 PM
http://www.immi.gov.au/
all answers are there.

Mike
27-10-09, 07:06 PM

Same in America :(

And dont assume as you dont live in Oz they wont fine you all the way back home here in the UK as they do LOL friend of mine found out the uber hard way lol lol lol

General Baxter
27-10-09, 07:12 PM
scuse me? please point out the supposed **** theirin.....

well good luck with that sloth, maybe you could finally bodge a saab engine into a vauxhall over there lol :roll:

Sloth
27-10-09, 07:12 PM
Of all the people I know that have emigrated south - and there's been quite a few - the general consensus is NZ is better. The climate, population, lifestyle, house prices, etc were all better. Plus there's less wildlife waiting to kill you

climate- nz-freezing and wet, oz- not freezing and wet.
population- nz- small but small island too, oz- smaller pop. than uk, yet more area.
lifestyle- nz- sit in the rain, oz- sit on the beach
house prices- nz- cheaper houses cos the wage is half as much......
if you belive tv about wildlife:wtf:, then yer theres lots of spiders/crocs/spiders, but alot of oz is not that bad. nz is full of sheep= welsh.....

oh and why do you think so many kiwi's live in oz.......:thumb:

Sloth
27-10-09, 07:13 PM
well good luck with that sloth, maybe you could finally bodge a saab engine into a vauxhall over there lol :roll:
er yup, seen as i'll have more time,space, and money. enjoy britain next year when its totally fooked generally......:thumb:

Stuart
27-10-09, 07:15 PM
whip round to get rid of him early?!?! :d

General Baxter
27-10-09, 07:16 PM
thats what im thinking lol

sloth BTW **** OFF lol

MK999
27-10-09, 07:28 PM
whip round to get rid of him early?!?! :d

Unfortunately they still have the internet over there :( It'd just change from saab to the next amazing holden conversion. lol

Stuart
27-10-09, 07:37 PM
Unfortunately they still have the internet over there :( It'd just change from saab to the next amazing holden conversion. lol

ip ban for all of oztrailia

MK999
27-10-09, 07:39 PM
ip ban for all of oztrailia

win lol Just teach Rexy how a proxy works lol

Matt
27-10-09, 08:13 PM
population- nz- small but small island too, oz- smaller pop. than uk, yet more area.
if you belive tv about wildlife:wtf:, then yer theres lots of spiders/crocs/spiders, but alot of oz is not that bad. nz is full of sheep= welsh.....

Hmmm, I can tell you've really done your research. I shall bear your reliable information in mind and would recommend anyone else to do so aswell!

Cheers.

Rexy
27-10-09, 08:45 PM
i totally forgot, Mrs rexy actually has a canadian passport. But my skills are not needed over there :( which is a shame tbh.

First port of call tbh it looking to see if there are any jobs out there, I've found a few painters jobs in melbourne they seem to like painting trucks/truck bodies :S

One thing which is annoying, they dont show you the amount they want to pay you... :S not sure why.

Best thing i would be wise to do, is holiday over there and see whats what... and if i can cope with it over there. However, this may just end up being a dream as its a friggin massive step tbh...

Stuart
27-10-09, 09:32 PM
i totally forgot, Mrs rexy actually has a canadian passport. But my skills are not needed over there :( which is a shame tbh.

what half decent country dosent have listed "squeaky norven ghey meerkat" as a skillset required lol

Canada FTW

MattBrown
27-10-09, 09:36 PM

First port of call tbh it looking to see if there are any jobs out there, I've found a few painters jobs in melbourne they seem to like painting trucks/truck bodies :S

One thing which is annoying, they dont show you the amount they want to pay you... :S not sure why.

Best thing i would be wise to do, is holiday over there and see whats what... and if i can cope with it over there. However, this may just end up being a dream as its a friggin massive step tbh...

Theres a fooking job here!

Paint my 2 bloody novas!

But, nooooooooooooooooooooooooo dont leave us!:eek:

North west meets wont be the same with you and riggy bantering about for hours:thumb:

General Lee
29-10-09, 11:39 AM

This is true we got done for speeding for only a few mph over, in peterbourogh. apparently it was a residensial area (one house in the middle of bleeding knowhere)

plumtreed
29-10-09, 11:46 AM
Only backpackers from the UK drink Fosters! Fourxxxx tastes like Koala piss to anybody but Queenslanders so If you go someplace else in Oz ask for a 'schooner of New'.

There is a bit of work around but slow in some areas. Mining in WA, Qld & NWT pay big money and there is a lot of work as long as China is happy.

You won't find many Novas and will have to drive something with a bit of grunt!

Rexy
29-10-09, 11:49 AM
cheers plum, so this " painting cars" over there isnt a massive need then?

Ben
29-10-09, 11:51 AM
My brother has just got a job in new zealand and leaves in next few weeks, i have applied for jobs in oz and my trade is very sought after over there.

In my experience the kiwi's pay better money and the climate is more closer to ours, oz is hotter not as well payed but bigger etc.

If i wanted to go new zealand i would earn £50-60k a year but in oz same job etc is only likely to get me £35-40 which is a fair difference also with my job the work in oz is in the middle of fooking nowhere!

For both countries you will need a stringent medical and bloodtests, chest x rays proven qualifications and work experience.

also they like it if you are hitched as they would prefer family man rather than single beer drinking fighter.

Rexy
29-10-09, 11:56 AM
no chance for me then ... lol

Oh well thats that one out the window. :(

Ben
29-10-09, 11:57 AM
lol on what count?

Rexy
29-10-09, 12:13 PM
Pretty much everything you said hahaha

I dont have any paperwork to back up my job, My chest will be ****ed, bloodtest will say im 65% chemical and im not married lolz

plumtreed
29-10-09, 12:39 PM
What Ben says is bull**** most of the Poms here are half baked and not married.

NZ is a nice place but more Kiwis live in Australia than New Zealand because thats where the work is.

Experienced painters should be able to find work but there is so much money in mining it is the place to be. Not crawling into mineshafts etc but open pit stuff and driving those great big trucks.

It is warm in Aus but isn't that a good thing???:confused:

Tidy Max
29-10-09, 12:55 PM

evidently you have never been to NZ lol

if people are believing the tv about wildlife, where did you get your info on new zealand?

Ben
29-10-09, 01:23 PM
What Ben says is bull**** most of the Poms here are half baked and not married.

NZ is a nice place but more Kiwis live in Australia than New Zealand because thats where the work is.

Experienced painters should be able to find work but there is so much money in mining it is the place to be. Not crawling into mineshafts etc but open pit stuff and driving those great big trucks.

It is warm in Aus but isn't that a good thing???:confused:

Just going on what the aussie employers have been telling me mate and the embassy.

As said you need mdeical, blood test and xrays to get permits, thats a fact.

Ben
29-10-09, 01:24 PM
And also when i just got married my points score for my visa went up by 40points.

Stuart
29-10-09, 02:32 PM
And also when i just got married my points score for my visa went up by 40points.

did your other halfs go down by a few thousand because she married you? :p

Tidy Max
29-10-09, 02:40 PM
lol lol "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Rexy
29-10-09, 03:19 PM
woo, well i passed the mini assesment i scored 130 points, my next stage is to speak to some dude about it lol.

Its only a basic thing, but at least its a step lol.

Lee
29-10-09, 04:58 PM
Any 'latest rexy fad' gen? lol

Sloth
29-10-09, 05:19 PM
evidently you have never been to NZ lol

if people are believing the tv about wildlife, where did you get your info on new zealand?

my missus is an aussie. 8th generation. :thumb:

Rexy
29-10-09, 05:31 PM
Any 'latest rexy fad' gen? lol

Basically... my work place is really bugging me and there is no work around this area paying the same or more.

I hate this country and all the pakis around this area im selling the scooby shortly so that will be around 5k saved up along with a further 3k i have aside. Ive found out my skill is needed in australia so having a look into it.

I have since after reading found i can do a 12mth working visa, there seem to be a fair few jobs in melbourn. I have a mate whos family live over there and went out a few years ago. She and her fella "dave/fran" are going back over in december. they will be looking into moving out there shortly but they are going to perth.

SO.... while i have a few k sat around do i windle it and **** about in the uk and get robbed or get off my **** and get out this ****hole while i a, Have some money, b, young enough to do it c, have a trade which is needed abroad.

The only two things which are bothering me are... my family and close friends. And mrs rexy.
this is only a fourm, but a lot of people have friends who have done this etc hence the post..

So... hopefully that will answer some of your questions lee :thumb:

Lee
29-10-09, 06:04 PM
Chill winstaan, i was only joshing. Best of luck with it Gaz.

Take mrs rexy with you. Problem solved :) Family will always be on the end of a webcam, and you will make plenty of new mates over there. Nothings stopping you, id do it if I could!

MK999
29-10-09, 06:07 PM
Nothings stopping you, id do it if I could!

Surely you can just hitch up the caravan and move on, part of the way of life isn't it? Couple of floats and swap the pikey van for a rowing boat at the seaside and you could make it lol

Mike
29-10-09, 06:12 PM
Surely you can just hitch up the caravan and move on, part of the way of life isn't it? Couple of floats and swap the pikey van for a rowing boat at the seaside and you could make it lol

FLOL its not one of those types of Caravans lol

Yea, id soon get my skinny ass out over there if i could be @rsed to move my entire life into a 40 cubic yard container an ship it abroad.

I know of 2 horror stories from family members friends regarding container shipping to Melbourne aswell....

MK999
29-10-09, 06:54 PM
FLOL its not one of those types of Caravans lol

[micky-snatch] caravans a caravan, sold as seen an ya bought it as ya saw it... why do i want a caravan that's got no fecking wheels on it? [/micky-snatch] lol

plumtreed
29-10-09, 09:10 PM
Just going on what the aussie employers have been telling me mate and the embassy.

As said you need mdeical, blood test and xrays to get permits, thats a fact.

Sorry, Ben, I don't know anything about that side of things and I wasn't trying to suggest I did. Most UK migrants I know do well here once they get in. If you sell a UK house and buy an Aussie house you could end up with cash in hand.

We have one tiny, small UK flat and two big houses in Australia,one sits on 5 acres, the midget UK flat is still worth more than both! So, by comparison, houses are much cheaper here. If you have any doubts that any move may not be permanent hang onto the UK property until you are. It may be virtually impossible to get back into the UK market.

We visit the UK every year to see wife's family and, while we are very fond and linked to the UK, it is good to get back to the very much less crowded Aussie way of life.

Best thing to do is make a long visit before deciding. Play better cricket down here:d