PDA

View Full Version : Paint!!!!

Angus Closier
27-10-09, 01:54 PM
Im on the look out for all the paint primer etc I need to spray my car! Iv got the paint just need some primer and lacquer and harder etc.....(2k)
Im not made of money but dont want sh*t. And would be best to be able to order it online.....save having to travel etc! thanks. Also... whats the best masks for spraying 2k? dont really want a separate air feed one if you get me? but need a good one!

craig green
27-10-09, 01:56 PM
You need a spraying forum.

I would have thought buying locally would make more sense + usually you get the benefit of the expertise & advice from the chaps behind the counter.

Angus Closier
27-10-09, 02:02 PM
To be honest there are no good paint shops around me....the closest are over 40miles from me....(that I would even bother talking to) however I'm in bridgwater at college is there any good paint shops there??? I have been looking on the net and the prices are so different some very cheap others better...im sure you pay for what you get but how much difference can it make?

Rexy
27-10-09, 02:23 PM
hahahahaha.... I refuse to answer or even bother with these posts anymore as you get conflicting info etc.

But i have posted for a reason, and that is about the mask... Get a 3m or any branded twin filtered mask. And make sure you hire/rent some form of extraction ;)

brainsnova
27-10-09, 02:46 PM
hahahahaha.... I refuse to answer or even bother with these posts anymore as you get conflicting info etc.

But i have posted for a reason, and that is about the mask... Get a 3m or any branded twin filtered mask. And make sure you hire/rent some form of extraction ;)

will you give him the answers if he pays for your time lol

amz
27-10-09, 03:20 PM
I got primer, lacquer, hardener and my paint from ebay lol

trossnova
28-10-09, 09:02 PM
yeah theirs a few good companys on ebay and if you call them up their more than helpfull plus next day delivery :)

Jon_nova1
28-10-09, 09:11 PM
you should really try and find a local place, i found out loads from the bloke behind the counter ;)

timbo1980
29-10-09, 04:27 AM
what colour you going for? most 2ksolid colours dont laquer:thumb: also alot of places are not keen to supply solvent base paints unless it is for industrial use,can get away with saying its for a car pre1970's i think

Rexy
29-10-09, 11:46 AM
timbo, you walk in and say what you want they will sell it you lol.

Ben
29-10-09, 12:02 PM
Also how the fook can you colour match paint by buying it from ebay???

I have had some horrific colour matches with supplying a sample so god knows how a ebay seller can guess down the end of a phone/keyboard!

Rexy
29-10-09, 12:05 PM
Lmfbo, tbh ben... you go with the attitude " it will look worse before i start"

that way nobody can be disapointed when it comes out a multicoloured mess.

Curtoise
29-10-09, 12:57 PM
you dont really need laqure with 2k i have done mine with a deal off ebay and it worked fine, and has a good shiney finish ! you idealy need a carbon filter mask. ebays a good place to get it, i got a good deal with everything inc spray gun

Angus Closier
30-10-09, 06:22 PM
hmmm ok then! thanks for all the comments.....yeh found a good guy on ebay....seems to know a thing or two....but going to order it on the phone so I can talk to him....Oh and Im spraying it kawasaki green...not to everyones taste but its a track car.....thanks

Angus Closier
30-10-09, 06:28 PM
Also how the fook can you colour match paint by buying it from ebay???

I have had some horrific colour matches with supplying a sample so god knows how a ebay seller can guess down the end of a phone/keyboard!

I don't need to??? I'm not on about paint...but can see what you mean!