PDA

View Full Version : Another moving thread

Lauren
27-10-09, 01:36 PM
I might as well jump on the bandwagon. lol

I'm struggling with a decision at the moment. Currently I live in Romford. For those of you that don't know Romford, it's a bit of a crappy area. House prices are ridiculous, it's full of scumbags, it's dirty and just generally not a particularly nice place to live.

My parents at the moment live in Wellingborough (near Northampton) and have done for about 4 years now. They keep begging me to move up there. The area looks like a different world compared to where I live now. It's clean, the people seem nicer, the crime rate is lower, and for the money we are paying for a studio flat here, I could rent a 3 bedroom house there for the same price.

Now, I don't know whether to take the risk. Although Romford is not a nice area, I've lived here all my life, I have a settled job that I enjoy, all my friends and most of my family live here, and the same goes for my partner.

However, we have lived together for nearly three years and we are now ready to buy our own place. For the money we can afford to spend here we would be lucky to get a dingy little flat that needs a lot of work doing. Yet in Northampton we could easily buy a new build house. As my parents keep saying, friends can also be found anywhere.

So, do I take the risk, leave my stable and enjoyable job and look for work up there, and leave all my friends behind? Or do I stay here and just get on with what I'm used to?

What would you guys do?

Al1exx
27-10-09, 01:46 PM
I'd move.

Sounds to me like you get the rubbish end of the deal both ways if you stay - not only is the area crappy but you would end up with a dingy wee flat. It's not like the area is rubbish but at least you can get a great big house or that.

Just my 2p worth :)

craig green
27-10-09, 01:48 PM
Sounds like you should take the risk tbh.
Living in a poor area sucks.

I would move away if I hadf the bottle (& funds). Northampton is fairly central location with lots going on + Burgo will be local.

Paul
27-10-09, 01:51 PM
Plus wellingborough is next door to santa pod!

auzzy2000
27-10-09, 01:52 PM
Move.its much better down here.Much more for your money.And you are bang in the middle of the country which makes going anywhere easier.If you are leaving freinds then after time you will know who your true freinds are if you stay in touch with them.you will be close to billing and santa pod,silverstone,etc

Lauren
27-10-09, 01:52 PM
Sounds like you should take the risk tbh.
Living in a poor area sucks.

I would move away if I hadf the bottle (& funds). Northampton is fairly central location with lots going on + Burgo will be local.

^ He will? I'm definitely going now. lol

I just have a thing about leaving my friends. I'm not great with change anyway, and although people always say 'we will drive up to see you' or vice versa, it won't last long, and I think we all know that really. So the first few months are going to be pretty lonely.

craig green
27-10-09, 01:53 PM
.you will be close to santa pod

We are looking for reasons for her to move, not stay in sh1t pit. lol

Lauren
^ LOL

Plus wellingborough is next door to santa pod!

Yeah I know, it's literally about a 20 minute drive from my parents house. :d

auzzy2000
There is plenty of png members that live nearby so thats a good start of new freinds

auzzy2000
27-10-09, 01:54 PM
We are looking for reasons for her to move, not stay in sh1t pit. lolye whatever mate :thumb:

Lauren
27-10-09, 01:55 PM
There is plenty of png members that live nearby so thats a good start of new freinds

yeah I know, but I would feel a bit weird just going on knocking on people's doors as it were. lol

auzzy2000
27-10-09, 01:57 PM
well if you were invited would that feel weird or not?

Lauren
27-10-09, 01:59 PM
Well no, I didn't mean in a literal sense really, I mean, being invited round cos I'm the only sado there with no mates is depressing. lol

auzzy2000
27-10-09, 02:01 PM
you wont be the only sado! im herelol

Angus Closier
27-10-09, 02:06 PM
Id do it! you might as well get into a nice area then you can do all the things you do now....nice job,friends etc but on top of that you will have a nice place to live....its never going to be easy at first but as said there are loads of people around that area and making friends really wont be hard!

brainsnova
27-10-09, 02:37 PM
id move as id rather be in a nicer area than closer to my friends and i would always drive back to see them :thumb:

draper
27-10-09, 02:45 PM
move, theres a whole world out there !! give it a year and see how things are going

ive recently moved towns, ok its only 10miles away from where i used to live but the difference is unreal. i suppose it didnt help the people i was knocking around with we're happy to do the same thing week in week out etc

auzzy2000
27-10-09, 03:03 PM
move, theres a whole world out there !! give it a year and see how things are going

ive recently moved towns, ok its only 10miles away from where i used to live but the difference is unreal. i suppose it didnt help the people i was knocking around with we're happy to do the same thing week in week out etcthey will still be doing the same thing in twenty years:cry:move on big world well said:thumb:

draper
27-10-09, 03:31 PM
they will still be doing the same thing in twenty years:cry:move on big world well said:thumb:

your not wrong buddy

as soon as im finished with college ill be doing some travelling - rest of the world FTW

Lauren
27-10-09, 07:37 PM
Yeah, you are all pretty much telling me the same thing everyone else is.

Saloony
27-10-09, 11:05 PM
Move.. i would. Plus you'll loose net connection for a while so we'll have some peace in here lol

Lauren
27-10-09, 11:36 PM
:(

Welsh Dan
27-10-09, 11:50 PM
I'd move!

Andy
28-10-09, 09:31 AM
Lauren do it.I left all my friends and family behind in Hull to move 40 miles away to Scarborough.There it was crap area,bad crime etc.
Here its quiet,peaceful and ive heard of 1 bad thing happening in the village where we live and that was some toilet who ran over some ducks.
I still see my rents once a week and a couple of very good mates travel here as and when they can.I dont really have any friends round here which is quite annoying sometimes but i would never move back to Hull,the quality of life round here is so much better to bring my kids up,i wouldnt want them to see/put up with the bollox i had to as a kid.Stolen cars/bikes getting blasted all over, drug dealing,street fights etc etc

dannyb
28-10-09, 10:23 AM
I left Bognor Regis on the South Coast to live in Manchester 265 miles away after my girlfriend moved here. I'm really glad I did, I'm living in one of the better, more affluent areas of Manchester. Bognor is a quiet, nothing to do, filled with little scrotes type place. Here there is more to do and housing is the same price as it is in Bognor, even in this over inflated area. You get what you pay for though and this area is trouble free and low crime (for Manchester) The only downside is that I've seen my car insurance double!

As for my friends, I've made new ones through work, the girlfriends mates from when she used to live up here, plus random people I've made friends with. I am still in contact with some people from Bognor and these people come to visit once every 3 or 4 months, some people I've not heard from at all since moving but that's their lookout, it just happens and I don't really miss them people!

What line of work are you in? I am in education so can find work realtively easily, if I was in a different line of work, I'd be a bit more cautious/ plan ahead.

Go ahead and move though, it will give you more life experience and broaden your outlook.

Jack
28-10-09, 11:40 AM
Haven't read the whole thread, but move.

Lauren
28-10-09, 06:19 PM
I left Bognor Regis on the South Coast to live in Manchester 265 miles away after my girlfriend moved here. I'm really glad I did, I'm living in one of the better, more affluent areas of Manchester. Bognor is a quiet, nothing to do, filled with little scrotes type place. Here there is more to do and housing is the same price as it is in Bognor, even in this over inflated area. You get what you pay for though and this area is trouble free and low crime (for Manchester) The only downside is that I've seen my car insurance double!

As for my friends, I've made new ones through work, the girlfriends mates from when she used to live up here, plus random people I've made friends with. I am still in contact with some people from Bognor and these people come to visit once every 3 or 4 months, some people I've not heard from at all since moving but that's their lookout, it just happens and I don't really miss them people!

What line of work are you in? I am in education so can find work realtively easily, if I was in a different line of work, I'd be a bit more cautious/ plan ahead.

Go ahead and move though, it will give you more life experience and broaden your outlook.

Yeah I'm sure I will eventually meet new people, it's just taking that initial step I guess, I don't like change and it would be weird starting somewhere new.

I run a team of engineers, it's office based, a fairly easy job to find but it's not that that bothers me, it's the fact that I get on so well with all the people, it's the only job I've had that I've enjoyed doing and I've managed to work my way up there.

Andy
28-10-09, 06:32 PM
i dont/didnt like change but i just thought of a nicer area/better quality of life.
Sometimes i really miss having loadsa mates close by but thats usually when ive been drinking lol
Drinking alone FTL

Stoo
28-10-09, 06:36 PM
ASW

Move!

End of thread!

Lauren
28-10-09, 06:36 PM
LOL - yeah, drinking alone is uber depressing. lol

Andy
28-10-09, 06:37 PM
lol lol lol

Stoo
28-10-09, 06:40 PM
LMFAO At you Lauren for giving me neg rep for that!!!!!

FFS its not the end of the world is it! Take a joke!

I moved 300 miles at 16 to join the Royal Marines
Moved at 18 to transfer to the RAF
Moved again 6 months later to go to another station, moved again 18 months later to go to my main operating base.
Been there 6 years now!

Then i had to do numerous tours in sh1tty sandy places full of arab cunnts i dont like!

Dry your eyes and get the property post out!

Andy
28-10-09, 06:43 PM
stoo-ever the sympathetic member......lol lol lol

mowgli
28-10-09, 06:43 PM
plus point..... wellingborough smells like weetabix

Lauren
28-10-09, 06:45 PM
LMFAO At you Lauren for giving me neg rep for that!!!!!

FFS its not the end of the world is it! Take a joke!

Moved again 6 months later to go to another station, moved again 18 months later to go to my main operating base.
Been there 6 years now!

Then i had to do numerous tours in sh1tty sandy places full of arab cunnts i dont like!

Dry your eyes and get the property post out!

^ LOL - you misunderstand why I neg repped you, it's not because you called me an ASW, it's because ASW is becoming a bit boring on this site, it's used even on innocent threads like this. Hence the rolling eyes smiley. :p

Stoo
28-10-09, 06:46 PM
stoo-ever the sympathetic member......lol lol lol

Mate, I'm out in Afghan, AGAIN. Not the happiest of chappies at the mo!

Just makes me a little bit argy when i see people whinging and think some people need to realise an opportunity when it kicks them in the cunnt!

Stoo
28-10-09, 06:48 PM
^ LOL - you misunderstand why I neg repped you, it's not because you called me an ASW, it's because ASW is becoming a bit boring on this site, it's used even on innocent threads like this. Hence the rolling eyes smiley. :p

Well as i haven't been whoring myself about on here constantly for the past 2 weeks like some people (no names mentioned) I haven't been fortunate enough to be 'up' on current repping trends.

Seems it has moved on form the innocent photoshop request for rep threads!

Scratch ASW then.

Hows about WLC?

Lauren
28-10-09, 06:48 PM
I wasn't whinging, I was asking an opinion.

Maybe you should stop whinging and get on with the career that YOU chose.

Stoo
28-10-09, 06:49 PM
How am i whinging?
I was merely stating that your not the only person on earth that has had to move! Although it seems it!

You're right, i did choose my career, and i love it! Wouldnt change it for the world!

Andy
28-10-09, 06:51 PM
I wasn't whinging, I was asking an opinion.

Maybe you should stop whinging and get on with the career that YOU chose.
Thats really unfair
I cant believe you just said that

Stoo
28-10-09, 06:52 PM
Oh and opinions are like clitoris'

Every cunnts got one.

Make your own mind up :)

Lauren
28-10-09, 06:56 PM
Been there 6 years now!

Mate, I'm out in Afghan, AGAIN. Not the happiest of chappies at the mo!

Sounds like whinging to me.

The point is, I don't HAVE to move. Hence why I was asking an opinion.
Then you come on here, you read about two lines of a thread and you start bitching about being in the RAF, as if you're life has been so hard. As if you were forced to do it.

Sometimes Stoo, you are quite funny. I like the way you come on here and tell it straight. But other times it's not necessary, you just do it because you fancy being rude and obnoxious. That's kinda sad really.

Lauren
28-10-09, 06:57 PM
Thats really unfair
I cant believe you just said that

Why is that unfair?

Andy
28-10-09, 07:01 PM
Im not going to get started on a debate..
My input ends here please thank you please

Stoo
Sounds like whinging to me.

The point is, I don't HAVE to move. Hence why I was asking an opinion.
Then you come on here, you read about two lines of a thread and you start bitching about being in the RAF, as if you're life has been so hard. As if you were forced to do it.

Sometimes Stoo, you are quite funny. I like the way you come on here and tell it straight. But other times it's not necessary, you just do it because you fancy being rude and obnoxious. That's kinda sad really.

I read the whole thread, dont worry. YOu had my full attention, congratulations.

Not whinging. Stating a point that as i have already said, your not that hard done by.

Yes i chose my career, thats not the point. I didnt choose to be moved around and get sent to war as often as i do. (for the 2nd time this yr!) And remember, there was no war on when i joined up so it wasnt exactly expected!

I am funny lauren, dont you ever forget it. And yes from time to time i do fancy being rude and obnoxious and this time its aimed at you, purely because its one of the first threads i came to when logging on! To be fair, its about time your precious little bubble got burst!

Lauren
Fine by me. lol

Lauren
28-10-09, 07:04 PM
I read the whole thread, dont worry. YOu had my full attention, congratulations.

Not whinging. Stating a point that as i have already said, your not that hard done by.

Yes i chose my career, thats not the point. I didnt choose to be moved around and get sent to war as often as i do. (for the 2nd time this yr!) And remember, there was no war on when i joined up so it wasnt exactly expected!

I am funny lauren, dont you ever forget it. And yes from time to time i do fancy being rude and obnoxious and this time its aimed at you, purely because its one of the first threads i came to when logging on! To be fair, its about time your precious little bubble got burst!

Or you could always try being nice for a change? :thumb:

Stoo
28-10-09, 07:05 PM
99% of the time nowadays i am nice.

Im actually quite a nice person. Just every now and then someone bears the brunt of my vent.

You could stop attention seeking for a change! :D

Andy
He would get banned for that lol

Lauren
Go on Stoooooooooo, say something nice. You can do it!

Stoo
28-10-09, 07:06 PM
Erm, that pink dress is nice (<<<<<)

You dont look so fat in it!

Spudly
28-10-09, 07:07 PM
Sometimes Stoo, you are quite funny. I like the way you come on here and tell it straight.

Just not when its directed toward you?

Lauren
28-10-09, 07:07 PM
Erm, that pink dress is nice (<<<<<)

You dont look so fat in it!

:eek: You are learning!!!

Stoo
28-10-09, 07:08 PM
How, i just called you fat!

Lauren
28-10-09, 07:08 PM
Just not when its directed toward you?

If this thread was something like, 'do you think I should get my tits out' then I could kinda understand being called an ASW.

Lauren
28-10-09, 07:09 PM
How, i just called you fat!

No, you said I don't look so fat in it, so technically it's a compliment. lol

Stoo
28-10-09, 07:09 PM
Look, at the end of the day, only you can make that decision.

Stoo
28-10-09, 07:10 PM
No, you said I don't look so fat in it, so technically it's a compliment. lol

No no no no!

Translated it means your still fat, but that dress hides it well!

Lauren
Look, at the end of the day, only you can make that decision.

What, whether I get my tits out or move? lol

Andy
Yawn

Stoo
28-10-09, 07:11 PM
Move.

Only an ASW would bring a convo about relocating round to their tits!

:/

Lauren
28-10-09, 07:12 PM
No no no no!

Translated it means your still fat, but that dress hides it well!

So you were complimenting the dress that I had the good taste to buy, still a compliment. Stoo, I will prove that you are nice!

Stoo
28-10-09, 07:13 PM
Only a fat girl tries to convince herself there is a compiment hiding in every insult!

The dress is sh1te, your still fat!

Lauren
28-10-09, 07:13 PM
I love you Stoo.

Stoo
28-10-09, 07:14 PM
I love you Stoo.

More, or less than cake?

nom nom

Spudly
28-10-09, 07:14 PM
So you were complimenting the dress that I had the good taste to buy, still a compliment. Stoo, I will prove that you are nice!

Straws, clutching at, anyone?

Stoo
28-10-09, 07:15 PM
Straws, clutching at, anyone?

These straws in a jug of gravy???

Lauren
28-10-09, 07:15 PM
More, or less than cake?

nom nom

MUCH more than cake.

Spudly
28-10-09, 07:18 PM
These straws in a jug of gravy???

Lmfao lol

Stoo
28-10-09, 07:19 PM
MUCH more than cake.

Cake with said gravy on it?????
nom nom

Lauren
28-10-09, 07:20 PM
Urgh that sounds fooking disgusting.

Stoo
28-10-09, 07:21 PM
nom nom nom fatty

Lauren
28-10-09, 07:22 PM
LMAO - Stoo, you aren't gonna upset me, and I know you hate that. lol

Stoo
28-10-09, 07:25 PM
Im not trying!!!!!!

I could if i really wanted, but you'd probably top yourself and 'id get banned, and i quite like it here so cant have that.

Lauren
28-10-09, 07:26 PM
Nah go for it, this is hilarious!

'I'm not gonna do it cos I'll get banned' = 'I can't do it so actually I'm giving up.' lol

Stoo
28-10-09, 07:27 PM
You're really not worth it sweet pea!

Lauren
28-10-09, 07:28 PM
Hahahahahaha another classic! lol lol lol

Spudly
28-10-09, 07:30 PM
Stoo, i wont ban ya and in theory rule 15 states all staff will respect the decision of another staff member :thumb:

Stoo
28-10-09, 07:31 PM
The fact that your laughing at my comments is a sure fire sign that i have already upset you.

Job done. Wipe away the gravy tears and get back to your ice cream :) xx

Lauren
28-10-09, 07:34 PM
LOL - so if I was saying 'Oh my god Stoo please stop I've got the pills ready' it wouldn't have bothered me?

In fact, part of an msn convo I just had with someone off here: (edited to not get them in trouble)

***edited*** says:
stoo is boo
Lauren says:
lol
Lauren says:
he does crack me up
***edited*** says:
i just dont like him
Lauren says:
yeah, he's a bit of a **** most of the time, but he's fairly funny with it, thats the problem

Yeah Stoo, I'm devastated. lol

Stoo
28-10-09, 07:36 PM
lmao at someone that feels they can''t tell me they don't like me!

Whoever you are, you're taking me faaaaaar too seriously.
Like to the moon and back too serious!

What does boo mean?

Jack
28-10-09, 07:46 PM
Boring, Lauren stop being an ASW, even after only reading the first post its pretty clear you want to move.

Stoo, its easy to make her cry, apparently I did simply by posting a picture of her on here from facebook. Oh well lol

Thread closing before it gets even more pointless than it started out as.

Spudly
28-10-09, 08:29 PM
Booo, i went out to get beer especially for this thread and some buggers locked it lol

Stuart
28-10-09, 09:28 PM
******* for locking it