atomasphere

(anymore anyone wants to mention)

Fester
15-03-03, 09:21 PM
dont understand the post?

Nova Modder
15-03-03, 09:34 PM
well...

i just wanna see some comparisons of both, on the points ive siad, and mabe even more i dont know about... ive never been to a track day, or to a proper street race ( merry hill for instance )

i just really want some information

whitey
15-03-03, 10:17 PM
Get a valver and then ask the Q's! Its kinda obvious aint it!? Street races usually at nite = dangerous, illegal, stupid, Organised tracks are safer, in day with ambulance presence usually!

Chris LR
15-03-03, 10:35 PM
What about an Off-Road day do you want to know about those?

Nova Modder
15-03-03, 11:31 PM
What about an Off-Road day do you want to know about those?

hey y not... rally owns!

Ben (lurk75)
16-03-03, 04:33 PM
street racing is a mental buzz and track racing is more nerve racking as to put yourself in that position you are making a statement that you think your good enough to compete, whereas on the street if you lose you disapear into the night. (not that i have :evil: )

ZuG
16-03-03, 07:56 PM
very few people would endorse street racing in the slightest, and so I dont think you will get a good comparison from this thread. I personnally think street racing is for idiots and give the other nova drivers a bad name. On a track then its all good.

Chris LR
16-03-03, 07:59 PM
The Off Road days I go to don't really invovle speed, but test driver skill alongside their machines ability.

CP
16-03-03, 08:24 PM
There's a short french film called " C'etait un rendezvous " that was made in 1976. It features a real life, real time race against the clock to get from 1 side of Paris to the other. The car is a Ferarri ( 308 GTB I think ) and its done without permission, closing any roads or taking any precautions at 5.00 am. It took a little over 9 mins to do and the film was done all in one take. Speeds of 112mph were achieved.

Apparently the driver was arrested but was let off by the police chief because he like the film so much.

Its just been re -discovered and is released on DVD etc according to the article I read about it :D

Ben (lurk75)
16-03-03, 08:47 PM
I believ i have seen that film, sounds very familiar.

mikeoxford
16-03-03, 10:02 PM
i guess track days if u can afford it and want to run the risk of rolling your car in a gravel pit.............

Stuart
16-03-03, 10:21 PM
i'd rather roll a car into a gravel trap and tyre wall, than roll into a crowd of people or unsupecting road users etc.

rubbings racing, but only on a track!!!!

Fester
16-03-03, 10:26 PM
rubbins racin bwoy!

Stuart
16-03-03, 10:35 PM
he didnt slam ya, he didnt nudge ya, he didnt hit ya, he rubbed ya and rubbing son is racin'

hmmmmm victory lane ;)

Nova Modder
16-03-03, 11:19 PM
hmmm rubbin = him gettin a tyre wrench thru his window... punk