PDA

View Full Version : missfire 2.0 8v

tashley6
27-10-09, 07:30 AM
I have a serious miss fire but Its no just 1 its all 4 cilinders that cut on and off changed coil egr valve and also tryed bypassing the fule pump still the same any ideas?

dougie_boi
27-10-09, 07:50 AM
injectors due to dirty fuel. could be plugs leads cap or rotory arm as well

tashley6
27-10-09, 08:37 AM
Will change injectors went through leads arm ect thatks any other ideas ?

dougie_boi
27-10-09, 08:56 AM
check the earths one from the battery to the body and one from the gearbox to the chassis leg

Steve
27-10-09, 10:21 AM
plugs leads cap or rotor arm first, mine had terrible running troubles when water got in the dizzy, worth taking it apart cleaning it and spraying some dw-40 in, then take it from there. When did it come on? all of a sudden?

tashley6
27-10-09, 10:59 AM
Yes was all ov a sudden and iv already done the dizzy cap cleaned it we'll it was spotless any how it seems so weared cus the only thing I have done is took the old aftermarket rev guage out aud re wired it to some gsi clocks problems since then but put old clocks back in to try solve and still smae problem!!

tashley6
27-10-09, 10:59 AM
Yes was all ov a sudden and iv already done the dizzy cap cleaned it we'll it was spotless any how it seems so weared cus the only thing I have done is took the old aftermarket rev guage out aud re wired it to some gsi clocks problems since then but put old clocks back in to try solve and still smae problem!!

Steve
27-10-09, 12:02 PM
Don't know then, could be a bad earth but not that likely unless you've disturbed any of them. The plugs ok? what colour are they? maybe worth checking the plug gaps but again unlikely unless you've touched them recently.

You could check the earths off the injector rail that goes to the block, mine ran badly and was ok after cleaning both of them. Just check everything really to rule stuff out.

tashley6
27-10-09, 12:12 PM
Think that's the best idea really was on with it last nite till 10 haha. Got to be sumthing behind dash that's what I was messing with just befor the miss fire thanks any how if any1 thinks of anything tho

craig green
27-10-09, 12:40 PM
check the earths one from the battery to the body and one from the gearbox to the chassis leg

Agree. Thats the 1st step.
Secondly I would renew the rotor arm unless its like new, check the dizzy cap condition & the plug gaps. (0.6mm)

tashley6
27-10-09, 02:12 PM
I think you might av just make me click!!! Will the engine runn with no earth from the engine to the body?

dougie_boi
27-10-09, 02:17 PM
sometimes lol can just depend on the condition of the earths quick way to check if its an earth is get a jump lead and stick one end on engine and other end on the body but make sure it gets a good connection either end and see if that makes a diffrence. as the engine needs a sepparate earth due to being on rubber mounts it needs its own earth to the body.

tashley6
27-10-09, 05:13 PM
Sying that the battery lead goes straight to the block on the car!!!

dougie_boi
28-10-09, 08:22 AM
if the earth from the battery goes straight to the engine block you will still need one going to the body of the car

tashley6
28-10-09, 09:18 AM
Problem solved!!!! The earths are fine 1 to block 1 to body off car it was. The air flow meter crap connection due to k&n bracket burnt out the fillement when pluged bk on propley. Runs ok but gose in to limp mode every now and then and also misses every now and then on ticover thanks pal

tashley6
28-10-09, 10:29 AM
Problem solved!!!! The earths are fine 1 to block 1 to body off car it was. The air flow meter crap connection due to k&n bracket burnt out the fillement when pluged bk on propley. Runs ok but gose in to limp mode every now and then and also misses every now and then on ticover thanks pal

burgo
28-10-09, 10:32 AM
i love how you slag people off and then ask for help

nova-taken
29-10-09, 06:42 AM
Well done lol, took me ages to figure that out when i had the same problem, turned out to be the crank sensor :-S:-S:=S

tashley6
29-10-09, 12:12 PM
i love how you slag people off and then ask for help
I ant slagged no c**t off pal you the 1 slaggin off a kid askin 4 advice to do a job and ur tellin him he's in drem land grow a d**k PAL

tashley6
29-10-09, 12:15 PM
Well done lol, took me ages to figure that out when i had the same problem, turned out to be the crank sensor :-S:-S:=S
That was next on list but worked my way through everything from simples like leads to sensors but problem found these thing are sent to try

Riggy
29-10-09, 06:56 PM
the missfire is prob down to all the damage that you have done with the engine running without fuel and melting your pistons etc etc

tashley6
30-10-09, 09:18 AM
No damage don pal runs sweet as a nut and compression is well high enough dropped verry little from new