PDA

View Full Version : F.A.O MC

benji
15-03-03, 08:36 PM
How the 1.2 project going?

CP
16-03-03, 09:19 PM
Err I can answer this one cos its now my project. There's been a change of plan.

The Nova has been stripped and is awaiting some final parts.
So far: bigger calipers, EBC brake discs and pads, secndhand koni adj dampers etc, twin 40's and manifold, new rally 4 into 1 zorst and system, 2 new wings, 2nd hand roll cage, lowered rose jointed adj tie bar brackets, Piper 285/300 cam kit with vernier pulley for the 1.2.

At the moment no final decision has been made as to what exactly to do to the internals of the engine. I haven't mic'ed the bores up yet to check wear. This will have quite a large effect on what we end up doing.

The std 1.2 has been heavily de-tuned despite having been fitted with a well designed head that has the same valve sizes as the 1.4. The compression ratio is pegged down at 9.2:1 and the cam is a high torque special which delivers peak torque at a bit over 3000 rpm

With regard to raising the CR, having had the engine apart and checked thru various specs of the other Nova 8v engines I can either get it fitted with new pistons that have less of a recess in the crown or the other idea I've been mulling over is fitting 1.4 conrods and crank to increase the stroke. This by my rough calculations would turn it into a 1.4 and raise the CR to about 10.7:1. I need to speak to someone to check this out but I cant really see why not in principle.
At one stage we were consdering making it a 9000 rpm screamer but I am going to use it as van/ runabout for my business so I need it reliable.

Ben (lurk75)
16-03-03, 09:23 PM
Err I can answer this one cos its now my project. There's been a change of plan.

LMAO

You make it sound like youve been lumbered with it!

Breeny
16-03-03, 09:43 PM
You should see how many projects this man has, you need to bow down to him! :lol:

mikeoxford
16-03-03, 09:49 PM
You should see how many projects this man has, you need to bow down to him! :lol:

just like the back to the future professor then!!!!!!

id lvoe to see his workshop.....

hmmmmm an idea!

next meet at CPs! well hire a portable rolling road - fit in nicely amongst the carbines, tractors, and workshop!!! :lol: 8)

Will
16-03-03, 11:12 PM
how many novas now cp, to my rough count uve got 5 up there now, LOL :D:D one of those used to be my 2nd nova (the 1.2 project car)

Good luck with all of them, looking 4ward to seeing the results

Will

CP
17-03-03, 10:06 PM
Done some measuring - the 1.2 block is about 15mm lower in overall height which makes the con rod and crank swap from the 1.4 a no no. They would be "intruder" pistons of mamoth proportions if fitted, lmao.
Never mind back to the drawing board - maybe a heavy skim or might even leave it at 9.2:1 and try my NOS kit on it -- hmmm now there's an idea lol

haha just had a visual image of the old man jumping in it to go to the post office and accidentally activating the NOS whilst trying to switch the heater on or summink.........WTF :o :lol:

mikeoxford
17-03-03, 10:45 PM
Done some measuring - the 1.2 block is about 15mm lower in overall height which makes the con rod and crank swap from the 1.4 a no no. They would be "intruder" pistons of mamoth proportions if fitted, lmao.
Never mind back to the drawing board - maybe a heavy skim or might even leave it at 9.2:1 and try my NOS kit on it -- hmmm now there's an idea lol

haha just had a visual image of the old man jumping in it to go to the post office and accidentally activating the NOS whilst trying to switch the heater on or summink.........WTF :o :lol:

CP mate i think you were on the fone to velos this morning regarding this whilst i was there......................

rob and alan are top blokes

CP
17-03-03, 11:21 PM
Sorry m8 was i holding things up? lol
How did it go then - running OK now?

mikeoxford
18-03-03, 09:57 AM
Sorry m8 was i holding things up? lol
How did it go then - running OK now?
yes you were :twisted:

did you fone twice?

i think it may have been someone else the first time round

rob / or alan - Which ones which!? :oops: :oops: :lol:

well anyway one of them says that was charles just....... about his 1200 screamer

i just said yeah i know all about it and we were having a convo and a laff about it.

going to be mad when its done

Austin_Nova16
18-03-03, 01:47 PM
What about 1.3 crank and rods with the 1.2 pistons?

What sort of capacity and CR would you be looking at here....

Stuart
18-03-03, 02:03 PM
it will be 1396 cc not sure about comp ratio, that would need measuring.

the 1.3 rods would be bettersince the little end is 20mm same as the 1.2, where as the 1.4 has 18mm little ends (think its 18 lol)

ade
18-03-03, 10:31 PM
wot "do" MC and CP do for a living?

do they work or just build things?

Ever thought about entering scraphead challenge?

Ade
:D

Breeny
18-03-03, 10:36 PM
Lol There both highly paid sun bed models, eeer and in there spare time CP is a farmer and MC is a Pathologist or something like that anyway!

Think your right about scrap heap challenge, after all they can modify nova's boom boom! lol