PDA

View Full Version : mirrors

SRking
15-03-03, 07:39 PM
I HV BOUGHT SUM M3 STYLE MIRRORS JUS MANUAL 1'S BUT THEY SLIGHTLY OVERLAP THE RUBBER SEALIN ON THE WINDOW THEY DONT FIT SNUG

HAS ANY1 ELSE FOUND THIS HAPPENS IF SO IS THERE ANYTHING U CAN DO ABOUT IT

WUD MUCH APPRECIATE REPLIES

CHEERS

MATT

stugsi
16-03-03, 10:52 AM
yeah ive got some its because there biggerwhen i first put mine on i hated them as when you look at the mirrors when driving you can see the base plates after a bit you forget bout them i quite like them now.......

ade
16-03-03, 11:46 AM
If theres no fixings on the overlap area, I'd say mod the baseplate to fit.
Ct that bit back (use sander etc), then remould it (if theres holes, fill with filler/fibreglass etc and smooth) - then spray it

Perfect fit.

Check theyve given you the right base plates?

Ade

mikeoxford
16-03-03, 09:36 PM
its just by design AFAIK ade.....

just so they are "universal" and its the baseplates that fit the car.

my cousins fit TERRIBLY, and he ended up not using the proper places to fix them where the screws are as in one place they left a gap between mirror and body, so he self tapped em..........

as for the bits overlapping the window

all you can do is as ade says........

novax
17-03-03, 08:40 PM
Mine are the same, it's the way it is. What I intended to do was cut some high density rubber foam and fill in that hole at the back. I spent a whole night filing the doors so they fitted properly and followed the contour of the door panel. They really look factory fit now.

?Marty?
17-03-03, 09:09 PM
I just made some alloy baseplates (left them shiny for the time being), and fitted the mirrors to them. Perfect fit.

Them baseplates you're on about, are ALL like that. Even the one's that are supposed to be 'tailormade'.

mikeoxford
17-03-03, 10:19 PM
I just made some alloy baseplates (left them shiny for the time being), and fitted the mirrors to them. Perfect fit.

Them baseplates you're on about, are ALL like that. Even the one's that are supposed to be 'tailormade'.

:lol: obviously took the wrong measurements :lol: