PDA

View Full Version : comps catching?

L33 LEG
26-10-09, 07:38 PM
a few weeks ago i trial fitted some comps (7" wide) and the insides are catching on the track rod ends. is this normal Lol? i got some crappy 3mm spacers but looks as if i need some 5mm ones.

question is, where can i buy some decent 5mm spacers from that actually fit a nova hub perfect?

and also, seen as i didnt want spacers on my car, is there anything i could do to sort this? its the same on both sides so i doubt anything is broke.

deanwilko
26-10-09, 07:43 PM
yes this is normal as im running the same 5mm spacers clear the track rod ends

Will F
26-10-09, 07:43 PM
If they are ET45+ then 7" will catch badly - there was a thread on here a few months back about some TH's and the bloke couldnt sell for that reason...

You can get proper group a hub spacers but they arent cheap... apart from that a trip to Halfrauds is in order!lol

Jon_nova1
26-10-09, 07:44 PM
do you have 2 litre brakes? my front alloys poke out since i fitted 2 litre discs lol

L33 LEG
26-10-09, 07:47 PM
cheers for the quick replies, i dont want to be paying silly money for some spacers, il see what halfords have. i got some crappy ones the other week just to test and theyre flimsy and too big and just crap Lol.

and yes, i have 2ltr brakes on. with the 3mm spacers on the stance wasnt noticeable. however im glad i sold my coilovers now as i wouldnt of been able to lower the front anymore because of this.

Plug
26-10-09, 08:17 PM
cut and machine a disc down to make your own spacer?

L33 LEG
26-10-09, 09:36 PM
il see if i can buy one that fits first :)