PDA

View Full Version : trim

stugsi
15-03-03, 05:56 PM
can anyone still get the grey sticky sticker for the bottom of the doors like the sr's i don't want to take it off i want to make it standard

whitey
15-03-03, 08:09 PM
DONT mantion that word! LR will be happy!

Chris LR
15-03-03, 09:53 PM
Whhhhhoooooooooooohoooooooooooo!

If you do what I did, get a grey paint and spray it on. I had to replace a door on My SR but I didn't bother looking into the Vynal as it's called. I got the guy at the bodyshop to match the grey from the exsisting vynal on the car. You can't tell the difference.

Out of interest, how Standard are you going and what car do you have?

stugsi
16-03-03, 10:43 AM
ive got my gsi as my show car take a look in the features stu lear gsi

the other car is a standard E reg, red 1.3 sr still with the frying pan air filter the body is mint, just one little tare in driver seat

im going to clean the engine bay up and sell her to a good home it will be ideal first car or show car

ade
16-03-03, 11:43 AM
you can get it from vauxhall - it comes precut to fit - however its expensive (summut like ?40 a panel!) and if you replace one panel you can almost guarantee it'll stand out coz the other panels will have faded over time!

Best thing to do is colour match it and spray it on

Easy, far cheaper and looks good too.

Chris LR
16-03-03, 05:42 PM
As mentioned above, If you get it colour matched the grey will match the already faded vynal on te rest of the car.

I know the bumpstrips are ?40(doors) so the vynal can't be much cheaper.....

Freak
16-03-03, 06:22 PM
Vinyl is expensive from vaux- you looking at something like ?160 the set.And it is a mutha funskster of a job to fit without creses and bubbles.....you have been warned.

Chris LR
16-03-03, 07:06 PM
/\ Thats why you shouldn't take it off.........

mikeoxford
16-03-03, 09:27 PM
stu u never noticed......but about half mine is sprayed at a body shop!

although i have noticed a crack in one place :o