PDA

View Full Version : Another Scottish newbie

h9scw
25-10-09, 10:54 PM
Hi,Scott from Killie here. Signed up the other day after having a good browse around the projects section. Used to have Novas many years ago and was a member of the PNG.....when internet speeds were measured in days!
I always said I get another Nova.....so went to Birmingham on Saturday and rescued an '84 B reg SR in black. Have had numerous Vauxhalls from Novas to the Vectra St200, I got my SBD engined mk3 Astra GSi featured in TV and used to be the RO for the VxSCC (now called the VxDC). Will get some pics up of my past Novas when I get to 15 posts .Had an 82 Yreg 1.0...was one of the first Novas in the UK and a lovely Mocca Brown 1.0 too. Did the usual valver thing with a white K plate SX shell.......favourite was my Jamaica Yellow 13SR.
Anyway, plans are to get the black SR up to show spec as a long term project, plenty of inspiration on here!

7ova
25-10-09, 11:10 PM
Hi mate, and welcome to png
looking forward to seeing your photo's

Rysee
26-10-09, 12:20 AM
Hi mate, i also saw the car you bought wasn't quite for me

welcome to PNG

Tommy_nova
26-10-09, 12:22 AM
Welcome to the club matie.

vaughanmc
26-10-09, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the PNG mate - Pay up to the club and join the Scotland region

I'm no far from you either, I'm in Cumnock :thumb:

dougie_boi
26-10-09, 07:46 AM
hey welcome aboard :thumb:

moffat
26-10-09, 08:06 AM
welcome mate

sport
26-10-09, 12:28 PM
Welcome dude get your self full membership.

GRUNT 16V
26-10-09, 12:33 PM
how doo from down south!!!!!!!

Al1exx
26-10-09, 03:58 PM
From one sort of newbie to another - welcome! :)

Southie
26-10-09, 04:18 PM
Sounds like you've had an addiction return :thumb:

Welcome back to PNG :d

bainyboy sr
26-10-09, 04:36 PM
welcome mate

twistysnovagte
26-10-09, 04:37 PM
hello and welcome to the png,you wil get all the help and inspiration from the lads/girls on here:thumb:

andy

let_nova
26-10-09, 06:24 PM
yo.

h9scw
26-10-09, 06:27 PM
Hi mate, i also saw the car you bought wasn't quite for me

welcome to PNG

Its not the worst I've seen, but the potential is there with enough time and effort. I am surprised at how solid it is compared to the 93K reg shell I had back in 99! Doors, rear valance tailgate are all good...even the slam panel is sound, although the full front will be replaced any way.
Did you like the polycarbonate sheet and gaffer tape sunroof? That was a lovely bodge job....the tape was hiding almost a full tube of silicone splatted around the aperture:roll:

Thanks for the welcome guys:thumb:

Rysee
26-10-09, 06:38 PM
Its not the worst I've seen, but the potential is there with enough time and effort. I am surprised at how solid it is compared to the 93K reg shell I had back in 99! Doors, rear valance tailgate are all good...even the slam panel is sound, although the full front will be replaced any way.
Did you like the polycarbonate sheet and gaffer tape sunroof? That was a lovely bodge job....the tape was hiding almost a full tube of silicone splatted around the aperture:roll:

Thanks for the welcome guys:thumb:

It really was the sunroof that put me off. I don't mind seeing bits that have been welded but i really wouldn't like to have to **** around with a sunroof

Have some rep+ for saving her and travelling all that way to do so

h9scw
26-10-09, 06:49 PM
Going to pick up a full sunroof assembly tomorrow, the "glass" is the same size for the pop-ups as it is on the tilt-n-slide, so it should fill the hole and work ok (fingers crossed). My jamaica yellow had a tilt and slide (it was a D reg), the only thing I can't remember was the type of headlining it had. Maybe you guys will be able to help here.....at the moment it has the perforated vinyl headlining, but can't remember whether the tilt/slide ones had the felt style......I'm 80% sure it had a vinyl one.

timbo1980
26-10-09, 07:59 PM
Welcome. You still got the Astra looked immaculateat crail last year Throttle bodies aswell mmm:d

h9scw
26-10-09, 09:43 PM
Sold the Astra to one of my mates and went and bought another Vec GSi (02, 2.6). The Astra is still looking good and going strong and may be up for sale again soon