how do you loose a manifold lol

Ebay probably.

Nobby
26-10-09, 05:39 PM
how do you loose a manifold lol
being to tight to buy it then when i had more money it had gone lol

bainyboy sr
26-10-09, 05:46 PM
tbh as long as it thicker than your old one theres more flow so you should see a slight and i mean slight power diffrence

MK999
26-10-09, 05:53 PM
tbh as long as it thicker than your old one theres more flow so you should see a slight and i mean slight power diffrence

Actually exhaust manifolds are a black art, it's quite common to find a cast iron manifold that's generally seen to be restrictive produce more power across a rev range than a fancy stainless steel job with long primaries etc.

Only way you'll get a valid comparison is putting them both on the exact same engine and running them on a dyno, even then that doesn't guarantee that your engine flows and pulses in the same way lol

Autosprints gear is usually well researched from what I've seen of their site though, see if they have any power runs compared to standard gear to back up the design, just don't take them as gospel.

bainyboy sr
26-10-09, 05:57 PM
i was just talking about the xe engine tbh i no you see more flow and power on over engines

MK999
26-10-09, 06:03 PM
i was just talking about the xe engine tbh i no you see more flow and power on over engines

Not just a case of bigger is better, even on an XE though.

Adam
26-10-09, 06:27 PM
The autosprint 4-2-1 looks quite similar to a SBD type A

bainyboy sr
26-10-09, 06:29 PM
Not just a case of bigger is better, even on an XE though.

well the woman think so lol

16xe_chris
26-10-09, 06:32 PM
I have this one for my baby valver and its funking huge :)

Exhaust Manifolds 1.4L & 1.6L

*Important Note:

http://www.sbdev.co.uk/Exhaust_Manifolds/Exhaust_Manifolds_16l/EX-M-COR-COMP.gif
EX-M-COR-COMP* Corsa 1.4/1.6 16V, it can be used in the Nova if fitted with the this engine.
Exhaust manifold front wheel drive competition, designed to give the ultimate torque & BHP.
Type: B-1.6L-XE

tom reid
26-10-09, 07:39 PM
I've bought two manifolds and systems from Autosprint, one for a Nova the other a Corsa, the Nova one "felt" more eager to rev in the mid range, this was on a bike carb one though.

Jon_nova1
26-10-09, 07:42 PM
I thought depending on how wide it is would give different torque/bhp, a wider one would give better bhp gains, while a performance one that isn't as wide would give better torque?