PDA

View Full Version : locked my only set of keys inside...

George g
25-10-09, 09:15 AM
As above, my only set of keys are locked in the nova... can someone please pm me how to get in.

Cheers

bmw156
25-10-09, 09:16 AM
lol pm sent

or brick through window

Mike
25-10-09, 09:19 AM
lol pm sent

What you would have just PM'd him also works on Corsa C's :thumb:

bmw156
25-10-09, 09:22 AM
What you would have just PM'd him also works on Corsa C's :thumb:

does it, thats interesting lol. how come not corsa B's?

Mike
25-10-09, 09:23 AM
does it, thats interesting lol. how come not corsa B's?

Does on Corsa B's aswell if its what im thinking. Ive done it lol

GRUNT 16V
25-10-09, 09:24 AM
packing straps

George g
25-10-09, 09:25 AM
Cheers

kelbelle
25-10-09, 09:53 AM
did it work ok george?

Nobby
25-10-09, 10:19 AM
Dozy kant lol

mowgli
25-10-09, 10:21 AM
great.... another how to break in thread that actually has advice publically on it.....

craig green
25-10-09, 10:23 AM
where?

novaxe235
25-10-09, 10:31 AM
great.... another how to break in thread that actually has advice publically on it..... can you tell me where the publically available advice is no didn't think so.

mowgli
25-10-09, 11:00 AM
packing straps

any amount of info is too much to a car thief...

craig green
25-10-09, 11:06 AM
coat hangers, bricks.......

michael squeak
25-10-09, 11:07 AM
keys lol

mowgli
25-10-09, 11:08 AM
there is only one way to get into a nova without keys or damaging it, or you pop the side window out

Edd
25-10-09, 11:10 AM
Stevie Wonder could break into a nova with a spoon.

Jon_nova1
25-10-09, 11:46 AM
theres definately more than one way to get into a nova without damaging it lol

How did you lock your keys in the car? you can't lock the drivers door unless its closed?

wwmnw
25-10-09, 11:50 AM
How did you lock your keys in the car? you can't lock the drivers door unless its closed?

You can, pop the pin down and shut the door, its how I locked the keys in my car, twice in a week :cry: lol

Jon_nova1
25-10-09, 11:52 AM
really? it won't let me push the pin down on mine if the door latch isn't closed

Jack
25-10-09, 11:59 AM
You have to knock the latch up (or down, whichever way it goes)

OR

Lock the door from inside, then get out the passenger side whilst locking that one.

One of my dense friends was in a car park in town a few years back in her Corsa B. Got out to get a ticket from the machine, and her equally cranially-challenged friend leant over, locked the drivers side door, then got out and locked the passenger side, leaving the keys inside. The funniest bit was, apparently the passenger rang her dad to come rescue them. Her dad turns up, muses at the situation for literally 30 seconds, then takes the passenger off home, leaving the driver stranded there. lol

mowgli
25-10-09, 12:22 PM
really? it won't let me push the pin down on mine if the door latch isn't closed

before the locks get worn out with age, if you pull the outer door handle up and hold it up, push the pin down, close the door, then let the handle down, it will lock.

auzzy-b
25-10-09, 01:03 PM
I can see this happening to me one day, my toad alarm automatically locks the doors so many seconds after turning the ignition on... so if i was to pull the pin up,get out and close the door whilst the car is running it will lock itself:( lol I need to do something about it really!

Jon_nova1
25-10-09, 01:06 PM
Are you sure its not wired wrong? the doors usually lock when the ignitions been off for a certain period...my old one did this, the new one just immobilses

mowgli
25-10-09, 01:07 PM
http://www.strangenewproducts.com/uploaded_images/keypod.jpg

auzzy-b
25-10-09, 01:14 PM
Are you sure its not wired wrong? the doors usually lock when the ignitions been off for a certain period...my old one did this, the new one just immobilses

I'm not sure, i thought it was a bit odd:confused: . But mine also immobilises when switching the ignition off. mabye its supposed to lock aswell but like you say could of just been wired wrong?? Then again it was done proffessionally!

brainsnova
25-10-09, 01:15 PM
I can see this happening to me one day, my toad alarm automatically locks the doors so many seconds after turning the ignition on... so if i was to pull the pin up,get out and close the door whilst the car is running it will lock itself:( lol I need to do something about it really!

you dont have the door contact wire connected properly :thumb:

Jon_nova1
25-10-09, 01:21 PM
I would see how many wires go to the ignition live from the immobiliser, Im sure theres a plug for the immobilisation circuit, and there must be something for the central locking, it would be something as simple as getting a negative pulldown/positive pulldown the wrong way round

George g
25-10-09, 03:57 PM
cheers for the info guys, the brick worked perfectly! just need a new window now... lol...

i was working on it last night, it got too dark to work, so lifted the outer handle, and locked the door... i forgot i put the keys on the seat... doh...

cheers again!

bmw156
25-10-09, 04:36 PM
you actually bricked the window!

mowgli
25-10-09, 04:39 PM
you actually bricked the window!

http://iamcorrect.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/sucker.jpg

General Baxter
25-10-09, 04:45 PM
Stevie Wonder could break into a nova with a spoon.

this is wrong, i left mine on the road out side my house last year,

smashed the lock in, tried to pull the door still could not get in
maybe if the tried the handle and pulled it, it would of opened lol

Spudly
25-10-09, 04:48 PM
Haha, craig (novalicous) was telling us how he had to brick one of his windows before after locking his keys in, i showed him how stupidly easy it is to break in and proved it as he stood there, he said nothing for nearly ten mins, merely sparked up and smoked a fag with a puzzled expression on his face lol

Jack
25-10-09, 05:02 PM
I'm not sure, i thought it was a bit odd:confused: . But mine also immobilises when switching the ignition off. mabye its supposed to lock aswell but like you say could of just been wired wrong?? Then again it was done proffessionally!
Check the manuals for the "anti-hijack" option.

auzzy-b
25-10-09, 10:46 PM
It actually locks a couple of seconds after the engine is started, then unlocks after switching the ignition off.. mabye thats how its supposed to be? but i could still easily lock myself out:( :( :(

Spudly
25-10-09, 10:49 PM
It actually locks a couple of seconds after the engine is started, then unlocks after switching the ignition off.. mabye thats how its supposed to be? but i could still easily lock myself out:( :( :(

This is correct, you press your unlock button on your remote and it will unlock with the engine running, if its wired in correctly it will not lock while the interior light is on as it thinks the door is still open and only has one 'lock' pulse so if you leave the door open and fire the car up it wont lock that time:thumb:

Rysee
03-11-09, 08:54 PM
Can I have one of these pm's for being a nooob? My normal method of getting into my hatch i cant be arsed with on the saloon

Rysee
03-11-09, 10:00 PM
Thanks spud +rep

Spudly
03-11-09, 10:09 PM
No worries bud, and next time dont lock your keys inside silly, and if you do dont pick up a fecking brick ffs lol