PDA

View Full Version : retracting paypal payments

dan23
24-10-09, 10:25 PM
i think i ve been scammed
bought some mountain bike forks on another forum
sent payment (he asked for it as a gift but i didnt send it as that )
he told me he had recieved it last sat afternoon an would post monday

on thursday i pm ed him to ask if he had posted he said no as the payment has ben retracted (so why didnt he pm me as soon as he found out)

looked on my paypal acount it shows payment is complete the money has gone out of my bank
also there is no adress for him on the paypal file
tried to open a dispute with the seller an it said the seller can not enter disputes an went straight to the paypal resoulation thing

so i m thinking he has closed his paypal acount so if there is no longer an acount what chance if any do i stand of getting my cash back

wwmnw
24-10-09, 11:39 PM
Little to none.

ade
25-10-09, 01:12 AM
contact paypal and ask them - I always go for buyer protect - covers you in all eventualities...

brainsnova
25-10-09, 01:23 AM
look on his ebay feedback for someone he bought from and email them and see if they have his address.

dan23
26-10-09, 09:05 PM
he done me for £60 ignored all pm s an then mouthed on the thread inviting me to go round to his house so he can tear me apart an i will if i can find the chunk of scrots address its not on paypal

he has also done another lad for £200 its a push bike forum not cars lol

Jon_nova1
26-10-09, 09:08 PM
have you got a full name?

dan23
26-10-09, 09:14 PM
have you got a full name?

jason hunt from liverpool there are already 3 paypal disputes again an he has been kicked off e bay

Jon_nova1
26-10-09, 09:23 PM
wow, what a last name to have, not the most uncommon

edit, i take that back, its hunter:wtf:

will see what i can find, can you be more specific in liverpool? maybe parents names? or try and blag part of his postcode? lol

theres a Mr hunt in a flat on lowfield road
and a Mr hunt on trent ave

the rest appear to be married etc

would be alot easier if you have his parents names, and hopefully they'll be living together lol

dan23
26-10-09, 09:30 PM
thats all i know at the minute
i know there are some mtbers on here so be careful the paypal addy he gave was dhdanny@live.co.uk the acount belongs to a daniele rice

twistysnovagte
26-10-09, 09:31 PM
so i m thinking he has closed his paypal acount so if there is no longer an acount what chance if any do i stand of getting my cash back none it happened to me unless you are protected im affraid youve lost your money pal:(

Markd89
26-10-09, 09:34 PM
wrong address

Jon_nova1
26-10-09, 09:36 PM
go with the above, makes sense, both parents live in the same area at a different address

Rexy
26-10-09, 10:12 PM
send him a letter, espressing you upmost concern.

dan23
26-10-09, 10:23 PM
go with the above, makes sense, both parents live in the same area at a different address

you know him then? how ?

i ve just got this address
jason hunt
5 alexandra grove
halewood
liverpool
L26 9yt

Jon_nova1
27-10-09, 05:49 PM
No, but records indicate this, as theres two people married living in the same area not too far away

If i knew him i would have disassiocated myself along time ago

as the above seems to have gottent he wrong address, maybe your seeing if you can more info?

craig green
27-10-09, 06:12 PM
That is the gamble with sending 'gift' payments.

What MTB forum was this on? I use a couple.

brainsnova
27-10-09, 06:35 PM
sending the payment as a gift avoids the seller from paying a paypal fee but should only be used if you trust them 100% ie me

Jon_nova1
27-10-09, 06:50 PM
Yes, and theres no way you can claim back, i don't think its been sent as gift, it sounds like he's shut down his account or disassociated any bank cards he has registered

dan23
27-10-09, 08:48 PM
he told me to send as a gift but i didnt he now says the payment has been retracted by me it hasnt he claimed it
link to thread here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75215&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

i ve heard nothing from him or paypal
also on southern downhill under username heavy dhiller an photo bucket an e bay an pinkbike as medievil assasian

Jon_nova1
27-10-09, 09:07 PM
you have PM

he also says on page 3

"I will pass you on my details just pm me and we can arrange to meet or just come to my house"

dan23
28-10-09, 10:26 PM
you have PM

he also says on page 3

"I will pass you on my details just pm me and we can arrange to meet or just come to my house"

he doesnt reply to pm s
an he has done another member today thing is tho the address he gave matches the address i have

look at his e bay feedback same childish comments at the bad feed back he has ben left http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=medievil_assassin&ftab=AllFeedback

how do people get away with it never had this happen before payment wasnt sent as a gift so what can i expect paypal to do ?