PDA

View Full Version : engine smoking

nova_sri_kid
24-10-09, 08:04 PM
not nova related but its a corsa sport topped up the oil tonight as it was getting low and could hear a tapping noise coming from the engine put the oil in after about 10 secs it started to give out white smoke please help ? :( :cry:

Jon_nova1
24-10-09, 08:06 PM
did you have the engine running when you topped it up? have you put too much oil in? is it a constant smoke, or when you accelerate/deccelerate?

pikey1986
24-10-09, 08:08 PM
the white smoke could be because its cold or could be burning water

nova_sri_kid
24-10-09, 08:10 PM
had jus turned the engine off and when topped it up ran it to get the oil moving about the engine

Jon_nova1
24-10-09, 08:23 PM
what does your oil/water look like? i doubt topping up oil would cause white smoke, as that indicates vapour in the combustion cycle or exhaust

mowgli
24-10-09, 08:26 PM
it could be a great many things from head gasket to valve seals to a holed piston to rings......

first thing is get a compression test done, both 'dry' & 'wet' then post the results on here

benton101
25-10-09, 11:24 AM
if its white smoke, its water.
check water if there is oil in it and oilto see if water is in it.
it could be head gasket.
if the smoke was blue then it could be rings stem seals etc

chubb
25-11-09, 05:13 PM
PLEASE do not listen to benton101 he is an apprentice mechanic at my work (not a very good one at that) anything he quotes about engines is asked from the guys in the tea shack then posted on here to make him look good. Never trust a man (boy who hasn't lost the big V yet) who wears an ipod round knockhill and can't hear his bottom end knocking like a whores door!!!!!!

Southie
25-11-09, 10:11 PM
PLEASE do not listen to benton101 he is an apprentice mechanic at my work (not a very good one at that) anything he quotes about engines is asked from the guys in the tea shack then posted on here to make him look good. Never trust a man (boy who hasn't lost the big V yet) who wears an ipod round knockhill and can't hear his bottom end knocking like a whores door!!!!!!
FAIL lol

benton101
26-11-09, 12:21 AM
chubb you are just a fat W***er that cant get over that he hasnt seen his dick in about 5 years from the left over pies balancing on your tits hence your nickname or screen name and has to look up month old threads to give abuse, loser! well its probably takin you this long to move the mouse or you probably got kev to come help you (theres a shock) or givin by the time you wrote this at you probably had martin there two so you thought ud try! to be the boy infornt of them (good attempt for a tool thats takin about 2 years to build a c20xe nova including a noticably BAD spray job and yes you can tell it was done in a shed with two idiots at the helm of a spray gun and it took a bad apprentice mechanic a month and a bit from start to finish to get a race round knock hill)
with the speed you prick about at i could have 6 engines in and out by the time that nova surfaces. also i never ask you anything at work cause you wouldnt now a crankshaft for a camshaft you idiot. and if i asked you something like that you would just look at me then ask kev cause he has to hold your hand everywhere you go anyway.

yes i did do that at knockhill but if the bottom end was going i wouldnt have stopped anyway, by the time it would have been noticable without an ipod it would have been to late anyway you F***in idiot.

andrew1988
26-11-09, 12:56 AM
Thats a bite ^^^^

lol and you cant spell for ****

Tony M
26-11-09, 12:59 AM
I would love to be at that work place tomorrow lol. I think its time to grab my popcorn :)

7ova
26-11-09, 10:17 AM
lol lol lol lmfao lol

are these two married?
+ rep for both of you lol

chubb
26-11-09, 06:14 PM
Benton101, I have bought you an early christmas present (I know you wont know what it is, but you can learn). Its called The concise oxford english dictionary. It will assist you with the problem you seem to be having when you get a little flustered, as someone else pointed out (andrew1988) you cant spell worth a s**t!!
Perhaps if you spent more time listening to experienced people you wouldn't need to ask so many trivial questions within this forum. Forums are designed to be there to ask questions when you run into a problem, with you it seems you're always running into problems.
Lets get back to the subject in hand, your Corsa. 'Built by you'...........NOT!!!! If you had built your own car you would be proud of your project, how can you be proud of that ........hold on .......... i'm thinking ....... struggling here...........oh got it.....tub of s**t!!!!
When you bought this car it had major potential had all the right parts available....oh thats right I sold them, because you didn't know what you were looking at so thought it was a good buy! Only I was the winner and I got cash and said Goodbye, to that 'quality' motor (Arthur Daley Motors)
I look forward to your rather intelligent reply.

P.S. You still haven't denied you are a big 'V'
XX

benton101
27-11-09, 05:27 PM
oops sorry for the spelling mistake, that probably slowed you down reading that, due to the fact your a retard, and you prorbably havent bothered to check my comment for spelling errors you just took andrew1988's word for it. listening to experienced people haha thats a f***in laugh, wait a minute i do recall having a conversation with you in the tea shack about changing from a pot type to a flat type fly wheel and what did you say quote "you cant do that for the crank pick up sensor which is located on the side of the gear box and the flat type has a different amount of teeth on it" news for you, no its f***ing not retard, and thats your so called experience or even martins arguement about piston rings not being springy haha think about it you pair, im overwhelmed with your knowledge and experience. i am very proud of my project and even more happy that you and everyone else said i would never manage and i still had mine done before you, oh whats that, yes i win. and once again it is you that are the tub of s**t, or which one of you wrote it you or martin.

PS you caught me walkin out of your mums room last night you tool. you still havent denied your incredibley bad spray job dear, try explainin that one i would have made a better job in the dark.

Pete
27-11-09, 05:46 PM
lmfaooo this is a funny topic, do you 2 actual see each other at work becuase this is sure to cause some sh1t, i reckon their going to be tools flying next time you 2 see each other lol.

Southie
27-11-09, 06:26 PM
Can you two please leave the falling out to work please, this isn't Trisha.

Can either of you actually help the lad out with the smoking problem???

benton101
28-11-09, 12:31 PM
its just a bit of banter southie.
the thread is a month old

Tony M
01-12-09, 10:35 PM
PS you caught me walkin out of your mums room last night you tool.

lol

jas2000000
01-12-09, 10:38 PM
Nicorrette patch??

jimbob-mcgrew
01-12-09, 10:40 PM
the left over pies balancing on your tits

^ ppfffffft !