PDA

View Full Version : Scrapped 1.3sr for 1.2

Nova-Boy
14-03-03, 08:13 PM
I have got myself a 1.3sr for scrap. going to take the carb, inlet, alternator, full exhaust and instrument panel. should i take anything else??

Anyone got any info that may help me change the carb/inlet properly onto my 1.2 eg. porting head, fitting breather hoses, extra choke cables, throttle, air filter etc etc. Dont want to leave something important that i will need!!

Also What do i need from the sr to get all the instruments on the dash to work on my 1.2 eg.

oil pressure gauge (will i need a sender from the engine? where is it??)

rev counter (cable from coil or something??).

I have tomorrow to rip the car apart then it is getting crushed.

Does anyone want me to get anything off it for them??

Thanks for any help! I need it for tomorrow morning!

mikeoxford
14-03-03, 08:25 PM
NEW

www.nova-land.com > How To Guides > Engine > 2 Wire Oil Pressure Sender

thatll tell you everything you need to know

Nova-Boy
14-03-03, 08:25 PM
If anyone has any serious advice i have totally forgot to mention then please do e-mail me or text/ring me 07752219045. I am trusting you people with my number here!!

Its all happening tomorrow!!!

mikeoxford
14-03-03, 08:27 PM
www.nova-land.com > How To Guides > Engine > 2 Wire Oil Pressure Sender

i pulled my finger out and uploaded it especially for you!

courtenaynova
15-03-03, 12:23 AM
Is there anything you wont do to boooooost you post count. LOL!

:D

Thast wot im doing now. :wink:

Nova-Boy
16-03-03, 10:58 PM
Followed the guide as you said. There was no wire taped up or one in the dash for it so i ran a new one in :). I also did the same for the rev counter. It is all working fine now apart from the speedo is causing some suspicion.

Have a look on my other topic :?

PS. The size spanner for the old oil sender was a different size to the one in your guide :wink:

mikeoxford
16-03-03, 11:04 PM
PS. The size spanner for the old oil sender was a different size to the one in your guide :wink:

well

read the small print

:lol:

summat along the lines of erros omissions and whatever not authors fault so tough

and also "all information correct at time of going to press" :lol: they were the sizes i had........

mikeoxford
16-03-03, 11:04 PM
Is there anything you wont do to boooooost you post count. LOL!

:D

Thast wot im doing now. :wink:

i goto great lengths for our nova community

i mean cumon not everyne rebuilds there engine three times in a month so they can fotograph every little defect to show people :lol:

Nova-Boy
16-03-03, 11:25 PM
I was only nit picking.

Very greatfull for the help mike. Your guides are very usefull and i wouldn't have had a clue without your help

:wink:

mikeoxford
16-03-03, 11:42 PM
:lol: brown nose :lol:

dikharvey
17-03-03, 12:33 AM
Central locking motors, loom and relay? Bucket seats. Anti roll bars. I did the same a while ago!