PDA

View Full Version : Bnp

General Lee
23-10-09, 05:39 PM
I know this isn't a political forum, but i just wanted to know what peoples views are on them if any? :thumb:

Andy
23-10-09, 05:41 PM
Some views i agree with,others i dont
This thread wont last long lol

General Lee
23-10-09, 05:44 PM
This thread wont last long lol

Thats something i agree with lol i just want to know what people think, because after all it's about our country.

Stuart
23-10-09, 05:47 PM
some concepts are good, but not practical...

I feel that they should have been given honest proper time on TV last night so that we could hear from the horses mouth just how stupid most of the parties ideas are... saves the papers etc having to do it.

keep it on the straight and level here ;)

kent14sr
23-10-09, 05:57 PM
some concepts are good, but not practical...

I feel that they should have been given honest proper time on TV last night so that we could hear from the horses mouth just how stupid most of the parties ideas are... saves the papers etc having to do it.

keep it on the straight and level here ;)

That about sums up my opinion

Although I can understand why people want them barred from TV etc, they got 6% of Euro Election Vote - thats a fair amount of people voting for them - so the BBC is obligated to allow them to express their views/policies.. in same way it would greenpeace etc

Perhaps by airing their stupid ideas in front of a huge audience it may make those people realise what they really stand for!! And how bad/outdated they are in todays society . . (my opinion)

Austin.J
23-10-09, 05:57 PM
They have a point with there ideas but are abit extreme with what they're saying.

The benifits system/NHS is well over streatched partly because we have let too many people in the country, a large percentage of the people who come to this country from others will be on benifits and not paying any tax.

We should just stop letting people in or we'll end up worse than the counrty they came from in the first place.

auzzy2000
23-10-09, 05:58 PM
Shut The Fooking Doors.we Are Full Up

Ben
23-10-09, 06:10 PM
I dont support them in any way but do agree that last nights qtime was a stitch up, i watched it so i could see his opinion on the world today which is discussed on qtime every other week, i had no intrest in watching a room full of people tie him up in knots and make him look stupid (which we all know is not hard).

On a side note i thought the tory muslim lady was excellent!

Edd
23-10-09, 06:17 PM
I think that people are starting go vote for them because of the imigration situation.

People , including me are fed up with the amount of eastern Europeans coming over here.

Time to shut the doors IMO

Mike
23-10-09, 06:20 PM
As said already, i agree with some of there views without a doubt, but not all no.

An again, its time at the bar & this aint no lock in, doors need to be shut.

Stuart
23-10-09, 06:22 PM
I think that people are starting go vote for them because of the imigration situation.

People , including me are fed up with the amount of eastern Europeans coming over here.

Time to shut the doors IMO

thats the problem.... read the rest of their policies and realise what a mistake it will be to get them in. Although saying that there are no other parties that stand out as obvious options either

a larger representation might be ok but not in charge.

General Lee
23-10-09, 06:39 PM
I believe that more harsh penalties on criminal's should be inplemented and like has been said shut the doors. But who will do it certainly not the people we have in charge now!

mowgli
23-10-09, 06:46 PM
the idea that the nhs & benefits system is overloaded because of immigrants is cobblers.... people are simply living longer. more old people = more pensions = more hospital care= crisis.........

i thought he came across as a rank amateur, he was savaged by all the other panelists simply because they had all done their homework & were way cleverer..

the BNP have one policy. make this country white & it will be fine. define white....... is it from the ancient britons, the romans, the anglosaxons, the vikings, or the normans?????? we are a right mixture anyway, and as my 10 year old daughter said last night, people are just people,

General Baxter
23-10-09, 06:46 PM
i dont care, as long as they get labour gone,

the snail out side my window can run the counrty better them then freaks

people are just people,
did you smack her, and say NO WE ARE BRITISH, NOT PEOPLE

mowgli
23-10-09, 06:51 PM
i dont care, as long as they get labour gone,

the snail out side my window can run the counrty better them then freaks

did you smack her, and say NO WE ARE BRITISH, NOT PEOPLE

i bet you weren't about in 1978 were you baxter????

everybody on strike, unemployment on the up, tons of people in government jobs, the government had printed more money to make things better & racist thugs were out & about... the winter of discontent they called it,,,,,, sounds familiar, doesn't it.. in spring 1979, thatcher swept to power

General Baxter
23-10-09, 06:53 PM
everybody on strike, unemployment on the up, tons of people in government jobs, the government had printed more money to make things better & racist thugs were out & about...

sounds just like atherstone now then :p

Jack
23-10-09, 06:56 PM
TBH, and I'll probably get abused for this, but I voted to get them in Europe. Mainly as I refuse to vote UKIP, as thats a complete and utter waste of a Euro vote, and they were the next best "cat amongst pigeons" vote.

They'd never get enough votes to become a mainstream threat anyhow, and IF things started getting that way I wouldn't vote for them. At the moment I use my vote to voice my discontent at the current situation, which is clearly working - the attention that parties such as the BNP are getting now shows that its putting the willies up the other parties.

General Baxter
23-10-09, 06:57 PM
vote burgo

Stuart
23-10-09, 06:58 PM
sack those lazy fecks on strike and get people in who want the jobs :)

maggie ftw

General Baxter
23-10-09, 06:59 PM
ill do there jobs for there pay simple, id love being a posty :)

Jack
sack those lazy fecks on strike and get people in who want the jobs :)
http://www.topnews.in/files/PolandFlag.jpg

mowgli
They'd never get enough votes to become a mainstream threat anyhow, and IF things started getting that way I wouldn't vote for them. At the moment I use my vote to voice my discontent at the current situation, which is clearly working - the attention that parties such as the BNP are getting now shows that its putting the willies up the other parties.

i've been voting for labour since 1997... not cos i am a labour supporter, but because our local tory mp is a lazy ar$ehole, and even though i think they willl win by a mile this time, i just can't bear to vote for him.

General Lee
23-10-09, 07:16 PM
ill do there jobs for there pay simple, id love being a posty :)

seconded!

i've been voting for labour since 1997... not cos i am a labour supporter, but because our local tory mp is a lazy ar$ehole, and even though i think they willl win by a mile this time, i just can't bear to vote for him.

Why vote for any of them, if one you dont like and the other is meh.

Stuart
23-10-09, 07:21 PM
seconded!

if you dont vote 'they' assume those who didnt turn up like it as it is...

spoilt vote FTW

Jack
23-10-09, 07:21 PM
Tactical voting, I usually vote lib dem in the council elections here to keep the tories out lol

draper
23-10-09, 07:27 PM
if you dont vote 'they' assume those who didnt turn up like it as it is...

spoilt vote FTW

agreed, every single person should spoil there vote

when i voted i simply wrote 'it doesnt matter, your all as bad as each other' across my slip

mowgli
23-10-09, 07:27 PM

i actually spend time at every election weighing up the candidates.... I just wish everyone else did. i know people who will always vote a certain way because their family always have!!!! i just can't see the point of voting for a one issue candidate, so i vote with my head, not my heart

Stuart
23-10-09, 07:35 PM
on the semi plus side the Jews and Muslims are now united over something lol

General Lee
23-10-09, 07:48 PM
But wouldn't a spoilt vote inevitably end in people not choosing the right party. As in i don't like you so im going to vote for you who are just as bad. But then what can you do.

mowgli
23-10-09, 07:54 PM
on the semi plus side the Jews and Muslims are now united over something lol

what. they both hate the bnp??? Oh, and they both don't eat pork, they both prefer circumcision, and they are both from the same part of the world........

Stuart
23-10-09, 08:01 PM
well yeah but this is common ground they can see openly, rather than the glaringly obvious bits that they miss ;)

Jack
23-10-09, 08:57 PM
But wouldn't a spoilt vote inevitably end in people not choosing the right party. As in i don't like you so im going to vote for you who are just as bad. But then what can you do.
Lesser of two evils and all that malarky. As said, I most certainly wouldn't want Nick Griffin to be PM (I'll go put my Guy Fawkes mask on now) but that didn't stop me voting for his party. Ok that was a Euro election, but thats beside the point lol

large_steve182
23-10-09, 09:13 PM
i just dont like the tories as they dont say "this is what we could do and we will make things better"

they just keep bringing up how s**t a job labour has done, by pointing out labours flaws to make them look better,

why dont we accept the whole country is s**t and live with it, there so many hippie/save the world type people that nothing will ever get changed,

in the 40s/50s if you walked down the street and stabbed a man to death you would be hung, now you walk down the street and stab a man to death you will be lucky if you get 5 years prison. give 10-15 years you will rewarded for stabbing people.

mowgli
23-10-09, 09:19 PM
the reason the tories don't publish their policies before the election is that every time in the last couple of years that they have announced a new idea, gordon brown has popped up telling everyone that the idea was theirs and they've been looking into it for some time.... put simply, they are keeping their powder dry until they need to fight...

labour is doing a great job of wiping themselves out without cameron pushing the knife in

mrT
23-10-09, 11:18 PM
well as i see it the bnp is no good as like the snp in scotland but we,ve gotta be honest that we are full in its time we sent most of them home,its our country therefore our decision,go pick ur rice and inbreed.gd luck :thumb:

Andy
23-10-09, 11:36 PM
The country is shagged in a big way,the yoof of today aspire to be crack tooting,gun wielding gangsters,we have a massive immigration problem,i mean define "illegal immigrant"-they get caught then still get to stay anyway so what the fukk is all that about?!
The benefits system is an absolute farce,its now a career option rather than "getting by"
Justice system again is farcical,people are getting longer sentences for copied dvd's than they are for awful crimes such as murder etc
Nonse's are everywhere and we are not allowed to know where they are.
More people than ever have lost faith in the police these days,as they seem to care more about drivers than they do other crimes.
The list is endless.......

auzzy-b
24-10-09, 12:13 AM
They do have very interesting points, a few of the main being..

The country is falling apart yet why are we fighting a war in iraq when we have enough problems of our own?

Why do we allow more imigrants in the country when it is already overcrowded and there are millions of brits who have suffered job out loss?
(Not forgetting labour promised a maxium of 56,000 over a 10 year period. Yet there has been more than 770,000?)

Why is it wrong to ask people of different religion to respect our own when entering this country?

I dont think they are as evil & terrifying as the press/other partys make them out to be... just a lot more pratical!
And the way the bbc/other partys try to make them look foolish is just sad!
Its only because the bnp question/test there ability.

large_steve182
24-10-09, 12:25 AM
I dont think they are as evil & terrifying as the press/other partys make them out to be... just a lot more pratical!
And the way the bbc/other partys try to make them look foolish is just sad!
Its only because the bnp question/test there ability.

we need to get rid of "the sun"
people read this and believe this is the end all. the sun pick one side of everything and exagerate to make everything as bad and evil as possible,

i liked bnp to start with, they had good policies, they had an actuall "lets just do it" type attitude compared to labours this is a good idea then state it will take 18 months plus to imply it,

but i feel they have done themselves no favours with nick griffin and maybe pushed the race thing a bit too far.

every brittish person knows and will tell friends quitely about immigrants and general ethnicity in britain, but you wouldnt go shouting it, but bnp have,

think of the day where you can walk into birmingham, bradford etc and not be the minority.

MattBrown
24-10-09, 12:42 AM
i bet you weren't about in 1978 were you baxter????

everybody on strike, unemployment on the up, tons of people in government jobs, the government had printed more money to make things better & racist thugs were out & about... the winter of discontent they called it,,,,,, sounds familiar, doesn't it.. in spring 1979, thatcher swept to power

And she ruined everything the country stood for!

Closing the mines, tore familys, villages and lives apart, the country is an every man for himself thing, nobody gives a crap about anybody, and thats what she tought! Better YOURSELF, FCK everyone else?

I dont get it, i would rather have 10000 nice coloured people, than 1 white idiot?

True?

Andy
24-10-09, 12:42 AM
Why is it wrong to ask people of different religion to respect our own when entering this country This sort of thing really makes my blood boil,hearing about England flags getting took down and school nativity plays been cancelled incase other religions are upset,WTF?! I bet it doesnt upset them enough to go back home,you never used to hear about bullsh1t like that happening but like the old saying goes "give them an inch and they will take a mile"
What also annoys me is the immigrants who come here and dont contribute to our society,they arrive knowing no English whatsoever so then costs for interpreters arise,they have no intention of working and therfore contribute no tax.We are paying for people like that to live here.Why?
Its not just immigration that needs sorting but it winds everyone up.People go out to work and work hard to get by and provide for their families.Yet they see people milk benefits and get houses and council tax paid leading a better life than the working man.......holidays and nice clothes,sat in the pub all day in between betting shop......:mad::mad:

MattBrown
24-10-09, 12:53 AM
i just dont like the tories as they dont say "this is what we could do and we will make things better"

they just keep bringing up how s**t a job labour has done, by pointing out labours flaws to make them look better,

why dont we accept the whole country is s**t and live with it, there so many hippie/save the world type people that nothing will ever get changed,

in the 40s/50s if you walked down the street and stabbed a man to death you would be hung, now you walk down the street and stab a man to death you will be lucky if you get 5 years prison. give 10-15 years you will rewarded for stabbing people.

Not quite the 1950s lol

More like 1850's

I am 100% behind the death penalty!

I think its the best system ever, because, theres a statistic everyone forgets!

"After the death penalty was administered, he could never re offend!"

Idea 1, every single immigrant has there dna, and the fingerprints, details, pics etc put on a database, as lets be honest, more crimes in percentage are comited by forigners than english! (If you dont believe me, check the stats, 8 out of the top 10 most wanted are foreign!)

Idea 2, Its like a tax system, they get 50% of there wages taken for tax, to pay a "Bunk up" to help fund the nhs, police, ambulances, schools etc! for there first 10 years

Idea 3, if any immegrant is court offending, they remove a hand, then the other one, then legs, arms feet, then throw them in a dog food maker:thumb:

Not fascist, im not racist, I have a quite a few darker friends, but it fooks me off having to work to pay taxes to keep them all:mad:

Rant over

auzzy-b
24-10-09, 12:57 AM
but i feel they have done themselves no favours with nick griffin and maybe pushed the race thing a bit too far.

They just dont agree with all policies from other religions.. everybodys entitled to there opinions, theres nothing wrong with that! They want to stick up for british people (who have been here for 17,000 years) as it now brits that are feelin like the outcasts in there own country!.. nothing to do with skin colour, acents, male/female etc

MattBrown
24-10-09, 12:59 AM
They just dont agree with all policies from other religions.. everybodys entitled to there opinions, theres nothing wrong with that! They want to stick up for british people (who have been here for 17,000 years) as it now brits that are feelin like the outcasts in there own country!.. nothing to do with skin colour, acents, male/female etc

Dont you have to white to vote for them and to be a member?

Then dont you have to be british?

And dont you have to agree with all there stupid rules?

auzzy-b
24-10-09, 01:03 AM
This sort of thing really makes my blood boil,hearing about England flags getting took down and school nativity plays been cancelled incase other religions are upset,WTF?! I bet it doesnt upset them enough to go back home,you never used to hear about bullsh1t like that happening but like the old saying goes "give them an inch and they will take a mile"
What also annoys me is the immigrants who come here and dont contribute to our society,they arrive knowing no English whatsoever so then costs for interpreters arise,they have no intention of working and therfore contribute no tax.We are paying for people like that to live here.Why?
Its not just immigration that needs sorting but it winds everyone up.People go out to work and work hard to get by and provide for their families.Yet they see people milk benefits and get houses and council tax paid leading a better life than the working man.......holidays and nice clothes,sat in the pub all day in between betting shop......:mad::mad:

WELL SAID!!:thumb:

auzzy-b
24-10-09, 01:14 AM

And dont you have to agree with all there stupid rules?

I dont no?? ive heard that in the papers, but who believes anything they say! If it is true, i dont agree with that!..

large_steve182
24-10-09, 02:17 AM
Not quite the 1950s lol

More like 1850's

Idea 2, Its like a tax system, they get 50% of there wages taken for tax, to pay a "Bunk up" to help fund the nhs, police, ambulances, schools etc! for there first 10 years

it was 1965 capitol punishment was banned, awesome film called "let him have it chris" was about the last man hung in britain, turned out to be innocent but he got hung anyway, so away with it,

and as for idea 2, its already in place kind of,
im not as sure of the details or the critearia, but im sure immagrints coming here on a working vise pay extra tax, and once the visa expires they *cough*go back home*cough*

Stuart
24-10-09, 09:00 AM
And she ruined everything the country stood for!

Closing the mines, tore familys, villages and lives apart, the country is an every man for himself thing, nobody gives a crap about anybody, and thats what she tought! Better YOURSELF, FCK everyone else?

I dont get it, i would rather have 10000 nice coloured people, than 1 white idiot?

True?

got the country off its knees though.... unions and striking FTL

rrv8
24-10-09, 10:38 AM
The BNP has a greater following that what will be amitted too
Behind doors SOME of the BNP policies are agreed to , but people are feared to admit to it for fear of retribution or they have simple moved away from the UK .
The BNP should be listened too but not necessarly put into power .
I for one was driven out of the UK purely because of the way it is going down the toilet .
Most of the opposition to the BNP doesn't come from ground level and those that have to put up with it on a daily basis .
A muslim extremeist can air there views in the UK but the BNP cant ?

Andy
24-10-09, 11:42 AM
Another thing,the politicians only read about how crap life is on estates etc and how hard it is to live on a low wage.They have never experienced these sorts of lifestyles and only know about them because the media gives coverage on it.They are so wrapped up in their own bullsh1t that they are completely detatched from modern society as they are constantly in the house of commons or on tv chatting bollox about how bad each other are and how their party is better.Notice how when the sh1t hits the floor ie leaked documents etc that it's ALWAYS somebody elses fault,and thats what people are sick of now,they are constantly shifting goalposts.

Jack
24-10-09, 11:51 AM
we need to get rid of "the sun"
people read this and believe this is the end all. the sun pick one side of everything and exagerate to make everything as bad and evil as possible
All tabloids are the same. To be honest the only newspaper I've found that deals in fact and fair reporting is the Financial Times.

I am 100% behind the death penalty!

I think its the best system ever, because, theres a statistic everyone forgets!

"After the death penalty was administered, he could never re offend!"
The death penalty is flawed though. Its impossible to convict someone with 100% certainty because judges and juries don't have a view on our every second of our lives.

The other flaw there is rehabilitation of offenders. I know a fair few people who have had their collar felt, and most of them man up to it and realise they made a mistake and learn from it. Sure, petty crime obviously won't demand the death penalty, but still.

(If you dont believe me, check the stats, 8 out of the top 10 most wanted are foreign!)
Doesn't necessarily mean the majority of crime is committed by them.

Illegal immigrants shouldn't even be here, so its highly unlikely their wages will be declared. This will only serve to penalise the legit ones (the doctors, nurses, teachers etc) whilst the less legit ones will go even more underground.

Idea 3, if any immegrant is court offending, they remove a hand, then the other one, then legs, arms feet, then throw them in a dog food maker:thumb:
Just because "they" do it, doesn't mean "we" should.

British people aren't all white ;) Anyone can vote for them, thats the beauty of democracy, you can vote for whomever you like.

got the country off its knees though....
Yeah, by selling everything til there was nothing left to sell!

Stuart
24-10-09, 11:58 AM
Yeah, by selling everything til there was nothing left to sell!

sounds familiar to recent ideas from the current lot ;)

dannyb
24-10-09, 12:01 PM
Jack +rep

Jack
24-10-09, 12:07 PM
sounds familiar to recent ideas from the current lot ;)
Ahh, no the difference here is that the current government sells me to a industry contractor THEN they pay considerably more to the contractor than I cost the government as a civil servant for about half the level of service.

BUT they will have "less" civil servants on the books, which is what you - the public - want. So you only have yourselves to blame in this case ;)

Mattig Nic
24-10-09, 12:14 PM
QUESTION: What was a major factor of the initial development in WW2??

ANSWER: Mass immigration upon Germany, thus ruining the country's economy.

(just to sum up, i dont agree with the mass slaughter of immigrants!! I have a few good 'foreign' friends myself.. But we all need to understand that Britain has been over-powered by mass immigration and it has crippled our econimic state.

You dont see other countries allowing this, frankly, stupid policy.
For exp: Australia and New Zealand; they don't allow random immigrants to come and claim off their state funds - it makes NO sense!!

We as a country NEED to realise this and fix the problem for our future generations.

P.S. Sorry if I sound a bit strong, but the truth is..)

Stuart
24-10-09, 12:19 PM
Ahh, no the difference here is that the current government sells me to a industry contractor THEN they pay considerably more to the contractor than I cost the government as a civil servant for about half the level of service.

BUT they will have "less" civil servants on the books, which is what you - the public - want. So you only have yourselves to blame in this case ;)

I dont care :p as technically I are one too, but other countries also pay my wages too lol

supernovaxe
24-10-09, 12:19 PM
im not very good at expressing my opinions so this email i was sent should do it for me...

I bought a bird feeder.. I hung
it on my patio and filled
it lovingly with seed... It was indeed a beautiful bird feeder.
Within a
week we had hundreds of birds
taking advantage of the
Continuous flow of free and
easily accessible food.

But then the birds started
building nests in the boards
of the patio, above the table,
and next to the barbecue..

Then came the bird sh * t. It was
everywhere; on the patio tiles,
the chairs, the table ....
everywhere!

Then some of the birds
turned mean. They would
dive bomb me and try to
peck me even though I had
fed them out of my own
pocket.

And other birds were
boisterous and loud. They
sat on the feeder and
squawked and screamed at
all hours of the day and night
and demanded that I fill it
when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even
sit on my own back porch
anymore. So I took down the
bird feeder and in three days
the birds were gone. I cleaned
up their mess and took down
the many nests they had built
all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like
it used to be ... quiet, serene
and no one demanding their
rights to a free meal...

Now let's see .......
Brown & our government give out
free food, subsidised housing,
free medical care, and free
education and allows anyone
born here to be an automatic
citizen.

Then the illegals came by
the millions. Suddenly
our taxes went up to pay for the
free services; small flats
are housing 5 or more families; you
have to wait 6 hours to be seen
by a doctor in an emergency surgery
because it is filled with illegal non tax payers;
your child's year 12 class is
behind other schools because
over half the class doesn't speak
English.

Corn Flakes now come in a
bilingual box; I have to
'press one' to hear my bank
talk to me in English, and
people waving flags other
than 'The Union Jack' are
squawking and screaming
in the streets, demanding
more rights and free liberties.

Its just my opinion but:
maybe, just maybe,
it's time for the government
to take down the damn bird feeder.
If you agree, pass it on; if not,
continue cleaning up the sh*t!

Mattig Nic
24-10-09, 12:21 PM
SUPERNOVAXE. Couldn't have put it any better. Well done. Rep+ added.

Jack
24-10-09, 12:23 PM
QUESTION: What was a major factor of the initial development in WW2??

ANSWER: Mass immigration upon Germany, thus ruining the country's economy.
No, the economy was destroyed by the French lol

The tight restrictions set on Germany by other European countries at the Treaty of Versailles - mainly the French - after WWI prevented them from manufacturing/exporting goods (germany had built up a good military manufacturing base which was effectively taken away). Less in-house manufacturing meant they had to buy in more goods and services, which cost more, which meant printing more money, which devalued their currency, which made importing stuff more expensive, which meant they had to print MORE money - etc. Sound familiar? lol

Mattig Nic
24-10-09, 12:24 PM
Sound familiar? lol
Yea...it sounds like whats happening here in Britain. Right now. Wow. I'm embarrassed by my passport.. :cry:

again, rep+ added...

muzzy
24-10-09, 05:00 PM
I watched the so called "debate" and although i do not agree with 99% of the BNP policies i found it very poor that it was blatantly fixed by a public broadcaster to make someone look stupid and not give them a chance to put their views across.

I don't think i would vote BNP for two reasons, most of their views i disagree with, regardless of how good some of their policies are there will always be their personal views tainting them. Secondly i would be too worried that a government agency would "misplace" the voting list as they tend to do and my name and address would be down as a BNP voter.

Jack
24-10-09, 05:34 PM
Secondly i would be too worried that a government agency would "misplace" the voting list as they tend to do and my name and address would be down as a BNP voter.
Your vote is anonymous. Whilst the government give you (effectively) an ID card, thats merely so you can prove at the voting station you're eligible to vote. There is no way to tie that card to the voting slip you post in the box.

Thankfully the only prejudice you would experience from your vote is from other members of the public.

muzzy
24-10-09, 05:51 PM
Your vote is anonymous. Whilst the government give you (effectively) an ID card, thats merely so you can prove at the voting station you're eligible to vote. There is no way to tie that card to the voting slip you post in the box.

Thankfully the only prejudice you would experience from your vote is from other members of the public.

I wasn't sure if it was all anonymous or what the situation was with numbers etc

I never tell anyone who i vote for to save any problems lol

kelbelle
24-10-09, 06:22 PM
From what I have read there are some very small minded people on here!

I think immigrant's should be allowed in as long as they contribute to society by working and paying taxes. Unfortunatly as far as I know very few of them do!
There is a street leading into the town centre where i live that my friends and I have renamed Little Bosnia because it used to be like the rest of the high street but now consist's of about 20 restaurants for polish, iranian etc people. There is even an estate agent dealing solely in Polish property, the flucking cheek! Move into our country and try and move us out! Sheesh!

I don't agree with the BNP even being allowed to exist but unfortunatly freedom of speech dictates that they can say what they like and get away with it!

Christ
24-10-09, 07:05 PM
I have never voted before but at the next election I intend to. If I could vote right now I would vote BNP. Not because I want the BNP to be in government but because I want Labour and the Tories to see the growing support the BNP is getting. Because they are atm saying what everyone else is thinking about Immigration. To be fair the situation up here in the windy/wet sticks of scotland isnt bad but when I lived in London last year I could see first hand how many people were dossing about at Her majestys pleasure!

muzzy
24-10-09, 07:22 PM
I dont think i would vote BNP to wake up the bigger parties as it's a pretty dangerous game to get into considering the fact that behind all their policies is blatant racism.

I can see alot of people voting BNP at the next election though, the immigration situation in this country is getting out of control, the infrastructure cannot handle the population as it is and its only getting worse. I'm not saying send everyone back to their country of origin but i do think that there should be tighter regulations on people staying here. If you break the law your out, if you fail to get a job within say 6 months then your out. Places like the USA have strict immigration laws, if you emigrate from the UK you need to have a job secured in a certain sector before you will be accepted for a Green Card. Because of EU laws this cannot happen here which is something i disagree with, if someone from a foreign country has a usefull skill and have secured a job that will benefit industry here then by all means allow them across. If they do not have a job secured and have no specific trade that will benefit the country in some way then IMO they should not be allowed over.

Andy
24-10-09, 07:30 PM
The EU laws are not in place probably because they are glad to see the back of some of them,alot of them are serious organised crime gangs.
What muzzy said basically backs up my point of,yes if they are skilled/professionals then thats fine.But if they have no skills and cant even speak our language then what purpose do they have here?

Pete
24-10-09, 07:37 PM
what the BNP tried saying is that the holocaust didnt happen.
i mean ffs an average of 6million jew's died .....
all the BNP are tryin 2 do is get rid of immigrants. which is what 99% of the UK want but i 100% agree with kelbelle. if the immigrants are going to contribute then let them,
what decent jobs do they get? everyone moans about them taking the UK's jobs, but they take jobs like collecting litter from the side of the motorways, working in landfills.
no-one had a problem with it before we hit the recession. but now we have the recession its became a major problem becuase there's no jobs around. but before it happened who would apply to work at the side of motorways or landfills?
the reason why BNP got 6% of the votes is becuase people dont have jobs...
if we didnt have the recession BNP wouldnt even be known !!!!!!

mowgli
24-10-09, 07:59 PM
its amazing that there is a huge unemployment problem and also huge immigration... when the truth is that there are loads of lazy people who claim they are trying to find work, but never manage to....and there are loads of immigrants who are prepared to travel several thousand miles to get a job, when the unemployed british people can't be bothered to move to where the jobs are, preferring to live in the same depressed towns, doing nothing.
then the BNP are promising to kick the foreign workers out, so the brits can have the jobs that the brits, that are out of work, don't seem to want in the first place!!!!!

I actually have some sympathy with nick griffin in that he was subjected to a roasting on the telly, when he actually wanted to talk about modern relevant day to day stuff, but the problem is this:

you only need to shag one sheep to get a terrible reputation

Pete
24-10-09, 08:47 PM
its amazing that there is a huge unemployment problem and also huge immigration... when the truth is that there are loads of lazy people who claim they are trying to find work, but never manage to....and there are loads of immigrants who are prepared to travel several thousand miles to get a job, when the unemployed british people can't be bothered to move to where the jobs are, preferring to live in the same depressed towns, doing nothing.
then the BNP are promising to kick the foreign workers out, so the brits can have the jobs that the brits, that are out of work, don't seem to want in the first place!!!!!

I actually have some sympathy with nick griffin in that he was subjected to a roasting on the telly, when he actually wanted to talk about modern relevant day to day stuff, but the problem is this:

you only need to shag one sheep to get a terrible reputation

totally agree with all the people who are sayin there allowed to come if they bring something to our country :thumb:

mowgli
24-10-09, 08:49 PM
so what about the several million dole scroungers then??????

Pete
24-10-09, 08:51 PM
then they should get of their fkin back sides and work !

Andy
24-10-09, 08:52 PM
They arent usually on dole as dole "hassle" them to get a job,theyre on incapacity benefit which is basically a doc signing you off sick.You dont have to sign on therefore have no contact with the jobcentre or any person of that system so is easy to go undetected.Most use depression as a sicknote.Then more than likely have cash in hand jobs or sell fags and bacca or drugs
These are the people sat in pub and/or bookies all day.

mowgli
24-10-09, 08:55 PM
then they should get of their fkin back sides and work !

so we now hit the real problem.. the welfare state makes it just bearable to be unemployed, so people can survive without working. if the benefits were low enough that people really struggled, then the unemployment figures/ financial immigrants would look totally different. the trouble is that the unemployed are allowed to vote, and they won't vote for a government who will cut benefits

Andy
24-10-09, 08:56 PM
Again as i mentioned in a previous post,the benefits system should not be a career choice when leaving school..........

Pete
24-10-09, 08:56 PM
so we now hit the real problem.. the welfare state makes it just bearable to be unemployed, so people can survive without working. if the benefits were low enough that people really struggled, then the unemployment figures/ financial immigrants would look totally different. the trouble is that the unemployed are allowed to vote, and they won't vote for a government who will cut benefits

I understand your point.
i cant argue with any of what you've just said :thumb:

Pete
24-10-09, 08:58 PM
Again as i mentioned in a previous post,the benefits system should not be a career choice when leaving school..........

young people follow what their parents do tho, if their parents are living happy and not worrying about money because there on benifits.
then the young kids are going to follow by example.
its a continaus loop ( sorry about spelling)

kelbelle
24-10-09, 09:42 PM
Totally disagree with you there, my mum has been on benefits since my mum and dad split up but us kids all have jobs. I have just finished a degree and have been working since I was 14, my sister is at college and working part time, my little bro just started 6th form and was desperate for a job all summer but no-one would give him one until his GCSE results came through with was about 2 weeks before 6th form started so it was too late.

It's down to the value's the parent's instill in the children. My mum is on benefits but she would never condone us living that way. Unfortunatly for my mum she is stuck in the poverty trap. If she were to work a 20 hour week she would be £50 worse off every week and would have to get her own house. Yes it's bad and I await the mum slamming but that's how it is these days!

supernovaxe
24-10-09, 09:48 PM
we should adopt the same principles as Australia in giving out visa's on a point system, where educated and qualified people who can bring something to this country, an as for the lazy arseh@les in this country we should do the same as the spanish, if you are unemployed and you are job seeking then the government will help you with an allowance to live on, but, you have six months to find a job, and if you haven't bothered your allowance is stopped, simples...

Andy
24-10-09, 09:50 PM
That is exactly what needs sorting.Working NEEDS to pay more than benefits,and that doesnt mean lowering benefits,it means putting wages up when the cost of living goes up!!!

mowgli
24-10-09, 10:05 PM
kelbelle. if your mum's youngest child is in 6th form, she can manage to look for a job, but as I said, the benefits system is worked out so that for a lot of people, it is a downward career move to find a job. as little as 2 generations ago, families thought nothing of moving from one end of the country to the other to find work. there are huge scottish communities in leicestershire because people moved down in the 1800's to work in mines, and stayed....

I am not going to knock your qualifications one bit, but when was 16, a kid with a handful of o levels could get a decent trainees job.. when I was 18, companies were hiring people with A levels for trainees jobs, I actually hated college & dropped out after 1 year, but these days, it is almost impossible to find an indoors job without a degree.......I actually left my last indoors job (selling Lorry spares) because I'd got as far as I could because I had no degree, even though the people above me had degrees in modern languages & marine biology & neither of them knew a bloody thing about lorries, so they actually were incompetent at their jobs....

there seems to be a major problem in this country based on keeping the young in education instead of putting them in work based skills training, where they earn a lowish wage but in a few years time, they will be skilled.. our firm actually prefers to take on absolute beginners with a decent skill mix & we will train them in our way of working. some lads are great & stay with us for years, some leave to make their fortunes, some are just plain useless... its a risk, but our success rate is pretty high

novalicous
24-10-09, 10:10 PM
we should adopt the same principles as Australia in giving out visa's on a point system, where educated and qualified people who can bring something to this country, an as for the lazy arseh@les in this country we should do the same as the spanish, if you are unemployed and you are job seeking then the government will help you with an allowance to live on, but, you have six months to find a job, and if you haven't bothered your allowance is stopped, simples...

i totaly agree with this

dannyb
24-10-09, 10:22 PM
There's only one type of Griffin for me

http://i18.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/f7/0f/f514_1.JPG

Jack
25-10-09, 12:44 AM
Because of EU laws this cannot happen here
Mainly as most of Europe see us as a soft touch for immigration. Its easier for them to push the migrants through their countries and on into the UK where they stop and stay as they have nowhere further to go.

what decent jobs do they get? everyone moans about them taking the UK's jobs, but they take jobs like collecting litter from the side of the motorways, working in landfills.
no-one had a problem with it before we hit the recession. but now we have the recession its became a major problem becuase there's no jobs around. but before it happened who would apply to work at the side of motorways or landfills?
the reason why BNP got 6% of the votes is becuase people dont have jobs...
if we didnt have the recession BNP wouldnt even be known !!!!!!
People have been moaning about immigration for ages, its just that - as you say - the job situation has become tighter and now that people are beginning to look for any job going, they realised all the ones they passed up beforehand for not being good enough have been taken up by others. BNP's popularity has been growing for a while, long before the recession.

my little bro just started 6th form and was desperate for a job all summer but no-one would give him one until his GCSE results came through with was about 2 weeks before 6th form started so it was too late.
You're saying it was impossible for him to find employment? Nothing at all? Beggars can't be choosers remember. Last year I walked through a town centre with my mrs of the time after she said she "couldn't find a job, none around". I got less than a quarter of the way through the town centre and already had a fistful of ten application forms. Menial part time shopwork, but some money was better than no money. Heck, I even managed to get vacancies out of shops that weren't even advertising.

If she were to work a 20 hour week she would be £50 worse off every week and would have to get her own house. Yes it's bad and I await the mum slamming but that's how it is these days!
Which is proof that the benefit system is flawed. Why can't she work a 37 hour week like the rest of us?

The Simps
25-10-09, 02:15 AM
Been an interesting read and to me, the only people talking sense are razorjack & mowgli.

The sad reality is that a lot of people will vote in tory in the next election because they blame labour for everything and want a change but any other party is considered a wasted vote. Labour have done a lot more than people think for this country, especially Gordon Brown. It just hasn't been very well advertised. To name a few...

- Changing the rules on CGT saved the housing market from utter collapse and putting even more people into further negative equity, by stopping buy-to-let investors selling up
- Expenses scandal. How the european elections went down you would have thought it was only labour that were guilty! Tories got off very lightly!
- Credit Crunch. This was handled extremely well imo. I don't believe a single person lost a penny. The Tories wanted to let the banks go under and millions of people would have been out pocket. Brown was the right man for the job.
- Afganistan (sp?). Its our responsible as a super power to help. The Taliban isn't that different from the BNP in their beliefs but they are just many years down the line. If the BNP started gaining further power and started demanding people "go home" or we bomb you would you deem it exceptable?

Maggie Thatcher has a lot to answer for. When I speak to people my parents age (in their 50s) they see her as britains saviour. She did solve a problem short term but has created a much bigger longer term problem - we know have no industry to trade to be able to get us out of the debt we're in and its only going to get worse!! It makes me laugh when hear working class people (if there is such a thing these days) say to me "I'll definatelty be voting Tory next time round as I'm fed up with immegrants taking all the work." When there was mass unemployment in the 80s she quite openly said "it was not a priority!!". The Tories will never help the working classes. They will reduce benefits and then where will you be without your family credit and housing benefit???

The immigration topic is a tricky one. The majority of immigrants come here to work and aspire to a better quality of life however you always read in the papers about the spongers. Much as the same with our benefits system. Its a fantastic system that works in principle. They pay you enough to survive. If they are paying too much ie you're building up savings, they reduce the benefits. But no matter what it is people will exploit it!! For the large percentage of people who genuinely need benefits its a great system and I am grateful its there. But we can't just close the gates. The economy, welfare, nhs all heavilly rely on it. We are a country founded on mixed race hence the whole argument of what the bnp describes as native.

I personally believe that for the country to cut costs we need to be more realistic with civil servants. Its rediculous for example that we are still having to fund extremely expensive final salary pension schemes when very few other industries actually offer them now.

With respect to the BNP, Question Time was right. They are an ultra right wing facist organisation that are praying on the weak minded to gain power.

The Simps
25-10-09, 02:20 AM
we should adopt the same principles as Australia in giving out visa's on a point system, where educated and qualified people who can bring something to this country

We do have this system, albeit fairly new.

A big proplem today is that people are also very impatient. When changed are made it takes time for them to filter through to see there full effect. NHS is classic of this and changes are constanlty made before a reasonable period has elapsed to see any benfit/change.

The Simps
25-10-09, 02:29 AM
Also, just to add. Have Labour done that bad? We moan about the immigrants taking all the jobs but for most of the 80s under the Tories unemployment levels were at 12.5% with places like NI being around 20% and old mining areas being even higher. As of august 2009 during a long recision we only have 8% of the population unemployed and then when you factor in all the illegal employed (which will likely to be more than in the 80s) it would realistically be lower!

Hmmm.....

Politics is all about education. If people actually took the time to do their own research prior to an election rather than just listening to the papers, TV and grumpy bob down the pub who's been on benefits all his life and never contributed to the system, then the country would certainly be much better off!!

Pete
25-10-09, 07:21 AM
Im sorry for all of you guys who have said "close the gate, britains full up"

Nick Griffin actually said "We don't think the most overcrowded country in Europe, can realistically say, 'Look, you can all come and all your relatives.'"

what hes also trying to put in place is that homosexiuality should "go back in the closet"
People fought for our country to have freedom. many people lost their lifes and by him saying that is saying that the people who lost their lives to do so was a complete waste.
dont get me wrong im not gay.

and if im honest i cba to go on, i have work soon as i get worked up over this

Stuart
25-10-09, 07:28 AM
That is exactly what needs sorting.Working NEEDS to pay more than benefits,and that doesnt mean lowering benefits,it means putting wages up when the cost of living goes up!!!

other way round imho.. wages seem fine as they are at the moment (more would be nice of course but hey).

Benefits need to cover the bare minimum to exist.. eg fruit, veg, bit of meat, electricity, heating and water. Anything else like sky, fags, booze, mobile, consoles etc should mean a further cut as you are clearly getting too much and need to go get a job to pay for lifes little luxuries.

It maybe a little harsh, but at the same time would encourage people to go get jobs. And if its not already done, employers should be given an Employer NI discount for employing people who have been on benefits etc for 6months or more blah blah soap box lol

dannyb
25-10-09, 08:10 AM
Anything else like sky, fags, booze, mobile, consoles etc should mean a further cut as you are clearly getting too much and need to go get a job to pay for lifes little luxuries

The amount of kids at my school who have these things at home is astounding, especially considering the financial 'situation' the parents are apparently in. It annoys me because I work 45+ hours a week and still have to think twice about how long I should save to buy a widescreen or a playstation. But then I'm brought back down to earth by knowing that my home is filled with things that are entirely mine, I eat very well, I pay to live in a decent area so I don't have rubbish neighbours etc.

A fair few have responded in favour of the BNP, please read their manifesto in depth and compare it to the opposition, you'll soon see that they have no idea how to run a whole country. They will run this place into the ground.
If you take your political knowledge from a newspaper or a bloke down the pub then more fool you.
The Times reported that the BNP claim they had 3000 applications for joining the BNP. If this was true, then I'm wondering how many people will now not vote for him, or how many people will turn out especially to vote against him.
Griffin needs to be out in the open and not censored; we live in a society based on freedom of speech. We should grant this idiot that and if he abuses his freedom of speech then people will ignore him.

If they get in, we may find our freedom diminishing.

Stuart
25-10-09, 08:22 AM
or how many people will turn out especially to vote against him.

indeed, he maybe the BEST thing to happen in political history to get the voting percentage up to nearly 100% lol

A friend of mine works in the "unpaid account" section of Sky, and the stuff he tells us about people telling them its their basic human rights to have subscription tv and that it should be free or cheaper. He goes through the options with them, asking about their expenditure etc and sky is about top of the list to drop, then fags and booze, then holidays etc lol. Thats all from jobless wonders.

Mike
25-10-09, 09:14 AM
Meh, politics is all a load of old tosh.

Take the rought with the smooth, get your hands in as many pies as you can, make as much as you can is my theory....

kelbelle
25-10-09, 09:48 AM
My mum's youngest is 9 and we now live in the town centre so she could very easily get a 4 hour a day job in between taking my sister to school and picking her up up she wont.

My brother tried loads of shops and supermarkets and none of them would take him until he had his GCSE results back. Ridiculous!

mowgli
25-10-09, 09:50 AM
kelly the thing about the exams is a standard brush off, lots of firms don't like to take on young kids, even though it is perfectly legal to employ anyone over the age of 14. what would his gcse results have to do with anything???? a shop job is a shop job, either you are good enough or not..

Jack
25-10-09, 11:37 AM
other way round imho.. wages seem fine as they are at the moment (more would be nice of course but hey).
Commmodities - mainly housing - needs to drop in price then. I'm on £25k a year. 10 years ago that would have bought me a house (indeed, when I kid, my aim was to be earning £25k, as then I would be "comfortable"). Now, pfft, I couldn't even buy a garage. Even IF a bank would lend me a 5x salary mortgage, there is no way I'd be able to afford to save the £20-25k they'd require for a deposit.

Example, the mrs has £10k in savings, and a respectable salary, enough that could buy her a property on a not-astronomical mortgage. However, the bank turned her down as her deposit was half what they required.

Benefits need to cover the bare minimum to exist.. eg fruit, veg, bit of meat, electricity, heating and water. Anything else like sky, fags, booze, mobile, consoles etc should mean a further cut as you are clearly getting too much and need to go get a job to pay for lifes little luxuries.
The amount of kids at my school who have these things at home is astounding, especially considering the financial 'situation' the parents are apparently in.
I remember thinking that at school as well! Funnily enough, it was all the kids who's mums were on income support (as it was called back then) who had big TVs with Sky and 100+ channels.

On a tangent here, but that experience has actually tainted Sky TV for me. I will NEVER buy it as I now always associate Sky with low income scrags who waste their benefits on "luxuries".

Its funny, I used to walk up one of "naff" roads in town to get to school, about 90% of the people living in those houses were either on some form of housing or other benefit scheme from the council. Unsurprisingly, 90% of them also had massive great big satellite dishes bolted on the front.

People don't realise now what in life is a luxury. A massive TV is a luxury. An expensive car is a luxury. The latest and greatest games console is a luxury. Buying expensive takeaway too many nights a week is a luxury.

mowgli
25-10-09, 12:28 PM
RJ, there was a joke from way back where the Queen asked Prince Philip what they called the box on the back of the sky dish - 'Council Houses' he replied....

ps. I get my playstations & games from an acquaintence who hasn't worked for 25 years. he gives me them when he gets the latest thing

Andy
25-10-09, 02:31 PM
Commmodities - mainly housing - needs to drop in price then. I'm on £25k a year. 10 years ago that would have bought me a house (indeed, when I kid, my aim was to be earning £25k, as then I would be "comfortable"). Now, pfft, I couldn't even buy a garage. Even IF a bank would lend me a 5x salary mortgage, there is no way I'd be able to afford to save the £20-25k they'd require for a deposit.

Imagine trying to get that sort of deposit together then on half your wage:(Which is all ive earnt this year infact less than that.
It simply isnt happening.How the fukk can you save that sort of cash on wages like that?
Which brings me back to-how can they increase the cost of living without increasing wages? Its not right,houses have gone down slightly of late but i would never get a mortgage on those wages ive been earning.Estate agents wont even rent to you on wages like that so my only option would be council.Then i would be paying to live somewhere where Joe Scumbag gets EVERYTHING paid for free and lives a better lifestyle than i would!!
So tell me,apart from having pride and self respect,where is the incentive to take one of these low paid jobs?
One thing i am going to drum into my kids is to do well at school and go to uni etc as nobody told me how hard things would be,probably because they didnt expect property and the cost of living to rise so dramatically as it has the past 15years or so.

The Simps
25-10-09, 08:01 PM
Why do you need to own a house anyway?? People never used to. Maggie Thatcher at her work again to get everyone to own a house so they can tax it with stamp duty, inheritance tax and make money for the banks on mortgages.

mowgli
25-10-09, 08:08 PM
Why do you need to own a house anyway?? People never used to. Maggie Thatcher at her work again to get everyone to own a house so they can tax it with stamp duty, inheritance tax and make money for the banks on mortgages.

i thought the mortgage boom started when thatcher told local councils to sell their housing stock off to cut costs...

buying a house is only any use to give your kids an inheritance, renting costs the same, but you don't end up with anything after 30 years

Stuart
25-10-09, 08:18 PM
the Germans manage fine without buying, most rent.

I'm glad I'm able to buy a house, but at the same time that required inheritance, luck with the job(s) I had, and being with Carly who also was lucky with her jobs. I'd have been happy renting long term aslong as the rent never went above 60-70% of what the mortgage would cost on said place.

Andy
25-10-09, 08:27 PM
Rentings ok but you cant do what you want with it,ie conservatories and garages etc
I would begrudge spending ANY money on improving somebody elses house.
Plus they can oust you out at any time,yeah you usually get plenty of notice but still its the hassle of finding another place.

Stuart
25-10-09, 08:34 PM
Rentings ok but you cant do what you want with it,ie conservatories and garages etc
I would begrudge spending ANY money on improving somebody elses house.
Plus they can oust you out at any time,yeah you usually get plenty of notice but still its the hassle of finding another place.

but if you 'feel the need to improve' a rented place then either ask the LL to think about doing it, or move to a place with that mod you want... win win really.

most LL's I know of wont oust folks unless they arent paying rent, an empty house earns less than a full one lol

Jack
26-10-09, 12:25 AM
I'd rather have my own place, plus I can then look after it myself. Our current landlord is a lazy fcukwit, which is why all day yesterday we had no hot water. Again. Anyway, thats another story lol

At the back of my mind is the thought I'd always want something to live in come retirement, should I make it that far. What happens if pension day comes along, and I'm stuffed with a crappy allowance from which I have to find money to rent a place (I'm a civil servant, my pension will be crap!)? I'd much rather be in the situation of having bought a house, had enough time to pay off the mortgage and actually own the place I'm sat in without having to pay massive monthly bills when my income takes a hit.

Not sure why I'm bothered about that tbh, as most blokes hit retirement age and give up. Its the women that soldier on for centuries after retiring lol

The Simps
26-10-09, 12:39 AM
(I'm a civil servant, my pension will be crap!)

I laughed so very hard at your sarcasm jack.

Jack
26-10-09, 12:49 AM
Ahhh, another misguided fool who thinks civil servants are all overpaid monkeys who do no work. lol

(ok so the last two bits are right, but the first isn't lol)

The Simps
26-10-09, 11:04 AM
Ahhh, another misguided fool who thinks civil servants are all overpaid monkeys who do no work. lol

(ok so the last two bits are right, but the first isn't lol)

I don't think that at all mate. I think the wages are justified for what people do and a lot of the civil servants I deal with are genuinely hard working although hard working isn't easilly quantifiable. Its like one persons idea of a mint car is very different to another!

In relation to what I quoted I believe that civil servants should no longer have a final salary pension scheme with the level of beneifts you get. Obviously preserve what you have already acquire but anything now should fall in line with what any other industry is doing. Final Salary pensions are fairly non-existant these days unless you're in civil service.

If the government revised this situation it would save them millions in what they have to pump in to cover shortfalls and it then goes a long way to making a lot of these areas they are arguing or no longer profitable and should be privatised, to be profitable and back to offering the service to communities they should be and not bound by tight budgets.

Just mo opinion. ;)

Jack
26-10-09, 11:22 AM
Don't get me started on the outsourcing thing. If you saw inside the walls of the MOD at the moment, you'd see what a complete mess its making, as well as costing the government more than having its own staff.

Example: due to a hardware move, we required a new connection between two buildings on site. The cabling guy - at the time, MOD staff - came and assessed the work, and said he could do it at no labour charge (as he was MOD), even use up some spare cable he had back in store, so no material charge. However, on the 1st October he was being outsourced so had to at least get the job on his books before then. Management fluffed around and we missed the deadline. He's now been outsourced and is asking £1,200 for the physical cable, £10,000 labour, and a £50,000 install fee with the option of a £75,000 a year "upkeep" contract. All this would previously have been free (the only cost to the MOD being his wage, of circa £25k a year) had he been in the MOD. I can cite more examples of money being thrown away if you like? lol

As for the final salary pension scheme, you're aware that was ditched a LONG time ago? I've been a civil servant for about 7 years now and it was gone before I joined.

And what benefits? lol

The Simps
26-10-09, 11:39 AM
As for the final salary pension scheme, you're aware that was ditched a LONG time ago? I've been a civil servant for about 7 years now and it was gone before I joined.

And what benefits? lol

Must be just your sector then. Teachers, town councils, nhs all get final salary OPS, albeit terms have changed slightly.

Lauren
26-10-09, 01:08 PM
I think they have the right ideas sometimes, but their way of execting them or putting them across isn't right.

mowgli
26-10-09, 08:03 PM
I think they have the right ideas sometimes, but their way of executing them or putting them across isn't right.

their ideas are simply....... no people who are not white anglo-saxons...... in other words ayrians are fine and everyone else is an underclass, who will be tolerated as long as they are useful to our country....sounds familiar doesn't it?? I bet these immigrants can live in ghettos too..........I just hope to god that they are not in power in time for the olympics!!!!!!!!!

The Simps
26-10-09, 09:26 PM
What scares me is that as their popularity grows with it becomes investment and cash and before you know it they are blowing things up and killing people. They are just the basics of the likes of the nazis, taliban etc.

mowgli
26-10-09, 09:34 PM
the three main parties are petrified of one thing.. what would happen if everybody really did vote, as opposed to the 35% or whatever that bother at the moment........

Hobbit
26-10-09, 09:49 PM
I might vote for the first time. Was thinking about voting BNP just to show the three main partys that they are ****. But as it looks like alot of other people are thinking the same I'm worried they might actually get in.

So stuck about what to do really.

mowgli
27-10-09, 06:26 PM
do what you believe is the best for you & your family... read everything that you can on each candidate, then vote accordingly

Stuart
27-10-09, 07:06 PM
how much time/effort/money does it require to 'form' a party and become an MP for said party....

I want to be on a voting form somewhere, and to just get 1 vote would make it all worthwhile

Jack
27-10-09, 07:08 PM
Monster Raving Gay party?

I'd vote for you lol

Stuart
27-10-09, 07:17 PM
it would have to be more subtle than that.... and to make 'the sun' readers vote too.

Could be The Hetrophobic legalisation party lol

Jack
27-10-09, 07:18 PM
The "We Hate Everything" Party? :d

Stuart
27-10-09, 07:21 PM
The "We Hate Everything" Party? :d

lmfao. Thats it!!!!
although just about everyone would vote for that.

Could start two up.
"We Hate Everything"
and
"We Love Everything"

Jack
27-10-09, 07:24 PM
Ministry of Love?

Stuart
27-10-09, 07:25 PM
ohh quick google and we have this
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/ukpga_20000041_en_1

and summarised here http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=678021

basically £150 to register a party (must have 2 people minimum), do what you want in local elections etc. For a general election you have to put a £500 deposit down (refundable if you get more than 5% of the votes).
Some official accounting paperwork needs to go through now and then....

Lee, can I have some PNG money for a PNG political party pwease

General Baxter
27-10-09, 07:29 PM
DO IT, dont let spud in, he'd go round smacking little kids with a fairy wand of ban lol

mowgli
27-10-09, 07:31 PM
well, its about the only way you'd blow your deposit .........

Stuart
27-10-09, 07:36 PM
not sure if that 5% means 5% of the contries vote, or 5% of the constituency for the GE....

taken from the 2005 GE wiki.... 27 million votes were cast, 5% of that is 1.3million. Hmmm think we can write that £500 off then :D Some funny parties about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_general_election,_2005#Votes_summar y

mowgli
27-10-09, 07:39 PM
5% of the numbers of voters in your constituency, or about what the labour candidates will be getting

Stuart
27-10-09, 07:41 PM
And that will get the MOL a seat in the houses of parliament ?

General Baxter
27-10-09, 07:42 PM
tbh, the first person to say, ill untax the fuel for haulage useage, would win :)

mowgli
27-10-09, 07:44 PM
the first party to say lets use gordon brown as the fairy on the trafalgar square xmas tree would get more votes