PDA

View Full Version : Well, ive bought it.

LEWI007
22-10-09, 09:05 PM
That C16SE. TOP END or is it a e16se ?

Just wondering are there any parts off it that would go onto my 1.2 carb engine just so i can get a bit more power while this engine is sitting there ?

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/LEWI007/C16SE%20REBUILD/Image16.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/LEWI007/C16SE%20REBUILD/Image17.jpg

burgo
22-10-09, 09:08 PM
only things you could really use are the manifold and downpipe and the cam. wether that makes any noticable power is debatable

LEWI007
22-10-09, 09:11 PM
Oh another thing i was meant to ask.

If i put that intake manifold onto my engine, or fit this 1.6 then i am supposed to have a GSi petrol tank right ? BUT is there any other possible way to do it ?

could i not use some other intake manifold that doesnt need me to put a gsi tank, or could i modify my tank or what ?

if i put twin carbs or something would i still need a gsi tank ? no ?

Markd89
22-10-09, 09:23 PM
This isnt the one off ebay with the siezed piston is it ?

LEWI007
22-10-09, 09:38 PM
lol you asked me that the other day.

NO its the one off the lad from round the corner with the immaculate mk1 nova lol

or someone else asked me i cant remember.

burgo
22-10-09, 09:38 PM
if you had twin carbs then you should be able to get away with you tank. why short cut tho?

LEWI007
22-10-09, 09:45 PM
Cos im skint, but saying that.....twin carbs aint cheap.

burgo
22-10-09, 11:38 PM
lmao so to avoid buying a £50 fuel tank your gonna buy some £300 carbs!!!

phazer
23-10-09, 10:08 AM
lol ^

It's an e16se btw - why did you buy an engine not knowing what it is? You've got all the bits yeah? Can't see the AFM in the pic.

pikey1986
23-10-09, 10:12 AM
AFM is just abouve the dizzy cap lol

phazer
23-10-09, 12:21 PM
lol so it is! FAIL

LEWI007
23-10-09, 08:42 PM
Well no, i dont know much about building engines, and i wanted a 1600 for my nova to use while i build a 20let so this is a project that i hope to learn alot from over time.

its better to mess around with this than to pull my nova engine to bits and break something that i dont know how to fix.

Anyway back on topic, i was thinking about getting some CBR 600 Carbs and using those on the engine, i wouldnt need a fuel pump then would i ? lol

oh and i also dont want injection cos i dont want to mess around with all that wiring, ive got everything here but i dont know how to set it up.

carbs FTW

burgo
24-10-09, 01:46 AM
all that wiring!!!! its 5 wires you have to connect lmfao. you have to connect more wiring in a head unit ffs. and there is no setting up. unlike with carbs, because of course with carbs you need to have them set up which means dyno time and therefore more moolar

you still need a pump with carbs, how else is the fuel gonna get to them

LEWI007
24-10-09, 09:53 AM
Well ive got 1 carb at the minute and that doesnt need a pump so i dont know.

If these wires just plug straight in and thats it it will work, then i think its obviously the best option, once ive finished the guide im going to have to have a look at how to wire this fuel pump up then lol

Heres another question then because i thought it might work.

If i use injectors out of one of these engine
http://images02.olx.com/ui/1/97/94/2069394_20.jpg

would it work, and would it benefit from it ?

chimp007_uk
24-10-09, 11:30 AM
Well no, i dont know much about building engines, and i wanted a 1600 for my nova to use while i build a 20let so this is a project that i hope to learn alot from over time.

its better to mess around with this than to pull my nova engine to bits and break something that i dont know how to fix.

Anyway back on topic, i was thinking about getting some CBR 600 Carbs and using those on the engine, i wouldnt need a fuel pump then would i ? lol

oh and i also dont want injection cos i dont want to mess around with all that wiring, ive got everything here but i dont know how to set it up.

carbs FTW

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/bull-fail.jpg

Ever engine has a fuel pump...

if you know nothing about engines and can't wire in a gte engine, how the hell to you think you're going to build a c20let?!

DREAMER... lol

Sloth
24-10-09, 11:37 AM
sooooooooooooo true..../\

and ffs put the saab pics away....

L14MNP
24-10-09, 12:06 PM
Dude you still have a fuel pump on your engine. Just it's mechanical, not an electronic one.

burgo
26-10-09, 09:46 PM
and if you put saab injectors in your engine it'll be that rich it wont run. this isnt gran turismo mate

Plug
26-10-09, 09:50 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/bull-fail.jpg

Ever engine has a fuel pump...

if you know nothing about engines and can't wire in a gte engine, how the hell to you think you're going to build a c20let?!

DREAMER... lol

About to fail?

Already has Failed :d lol

tashley6
27-10-09, 09:37 AM
Here pal thers only 1 way to learn! Rite you don't realy have to put a new tank on it!! You can put the pump in the fule line under the bonet like I have the only prob is when you get less than half a tank it will struggle to drag fule and u will hit a flat spot till it gets fule again!! As for the wireing ther is realy on bout 5 wires to play with live to ecu, ignition live, fule pump and off hand can't thin ov any others peice ov piss to fit pal half days job I recon go 4 it keep it simple!!

Archie
27-10-09, 09:44 AM
The guy obviously doesnt know much and is asking for advice/help.
Not everyone reads haynes manuals from the day they start nursery.

phazer
27-10-09, 10:09 AM
Not everyone reads haynes manuals from the day they start nursery.

No, but those attempting some form of mechanics tend to have a shufty first if not a proper read.

Yeehaaa engine changes/modifications are what will push us towards the european system of zero changes allowed IMO.

Riggy
27-10-09, 12:20 PM
Here pal thers only 1 way to learn! Rite you don't realy have to put a new tank on it!! You can put the pump in the fule line under the bonet like I have the only prob is when you get less than half a tank it will struggle to drag fule and u will hit a flat spot till it gets fule again!! As for the wireing ther is realy on bout 5 wires to play with live to ecu, ignition live, fule pump and off hand can't thin ov any others peice ov piss to fit pal half days job I recon go 4 it keep it simple!!

no no no , the pumps are designed to push fuel not suck it , and that flat spot you describe is your engine being starved of fuel and being ****ed up ,

and by not fitting the correct tank you are also missin your swirl pot , which again is need to keep constant fuel when cornering etc etc or your engine will run lean and die

as for the original topic , fit the 1.6 engine either a gte/gsi/sri tank and pump or fit a spi tank with a mk3 astra mpi pump , its only 5 wires to wire up as said

tashley6
27-10-09, 05:21 PM
Ok pal whatever you say mine runs fine! Fule mixtuer every hting spot on!!!! Ant the pump is designes to suck or th woudnt get fule in it would it?? Take the nova gte for example external pum requires sucking!!! Yep!!! Old astra external requires sucking yep!! The swurl pot is what I do need but the flat spot what I'm experiancing is wher fule is forced to the back of the tank when accelarating hard and can't suck anything but fresh air!

Riggy
27-10-09, 05:44 PM
^^ tard , yes they suck the 12 INCH length from the tank to the pump and then , PUSH the 8 FEET length to the engine.

The swurl pot is what I do need but the flat spot what I'm experiancing is wher fule is forced to the back of the tank when accelarating hard and can't suck anything but fresh air!

like i said fuel starvation = running lean , google the results of it lol

Sloth
27-10-09, 05:50 PM
this thread proves why max power should be banned.....

LEWI007
27-10-09, 05:50 PM
I was asking about the injectors because i saw someone else that did it.

and also im not about to fail, i ask here first so that i dont make a mistake and fail.

and so what if i want to build a 20let, i have to start somewhere with engines dont i ? well this is where im starting, you dont have to take the pi5s, i mainly do bodywork.

tashley6
28-10-09, 07:34 AM
Get on with it pal if you have the time pacianct and money go 4 it u av got to lern sumwhere and these lot on ere just like to think thay no everything rather than help anyone thay just baffel people with b****cks haha

tashley6
28-10-09, 09:12 AM
The tank is a later upgrade you can do pump under bonet will work fine for now

LEWI007
28-10-09, 09:14 AM
Thanks.

So if i build this 1.6, and it actually works lol, i can fit it and aslong as there is alot of petrol in and i put a pump under the bonnet in the petrol lines it will work right ?

burgo
28-10-09, 10:30 AM
why not just fit the pump at the bludy back where its supposed to be. ive never understood the mentality of oh ill bodge it for now it'll be fine!!! spend a few minutes more and do it properly.

tashley quit the text typing you tard

spanna
28-10-09, 07:37 PM
i fitted a e16se to a nova sr and used the sr tankand just put the pump at the back.yes there is 5 wires to connect they are really easy to work out the thicker red one goes to battery then yowill have a thinner red one which goes to the fuel pump and the i think there is 3 wires that go down towards your coil one will be for a rev counter if you have one. its really not that hard just have a go one weekend if you get any problems pm me and i will have a look at the sr with regards to the wiring and i shall let you know

LEWI007
28-10-09, 09:19 PM
Ok thanks mate, it will be a few months yet before the engine is built.

phazer
28-10-09, 09:52 PM
i fitted a e16se to a nova sr and used the sr tankand just put the pump at the back.yes there is 5 wires to connect they are really easy to work out the thicker red one goes to battery then yowill have a thinner red one which goes to the fuel pump and the i think there is 3 wires that go down towards your coil one will be for a rev counter if you have one. its really not that hard just have a go one weekend if you get any problems pm me and i will have a look at the sr with regards to the wiring and i shall let you know

Nice work. High pressure injection pump with low pressure carb fuel lines :tard: You're lucky it didn't split the lines and burst into flames.

K_reg: Stop listening to the 'tards, bodging is not the way to go. Do it right or don't bother if not for the safety aspect, half arsing is a sure fire way of having problems over and over.

tashley6
29-10-09, 12:26 PM
Yes pal I was just thinking if you was to do it and couldn't get it working and needed the car you coud put bk to standard easy wher as if you put the pump under the car tank change fule line change and your not sure if you can do the job yet. If you understand wher. I am comming from?

Steve
29-10-09, 12:48 PM
Its still just as much work and more getting the engine/box our disconnecting shafts, then re-fitting.

As everyone has said do it properly from the start and you won't have any problems, bodging it is not the way to go, don't say "ah it'll be alright" take some sort of pride in whatever you're doing, if you're not sure just ask. I know alot of the time you will get sh1tty answers but theres a few people on here that will help :thumb:

Rysee
29-10-09, 12:57 PM
The only times bodging is truely aloud is when at work the gaffer says get it running now! or you need to drive the car to get home a couple of miles, if you plan to use this thing seriously please do it right!

spanna
29-10-09, 05:55 PM
Nice work. High pressure injection pump with low pressure carb fuel lines :tard: You're lucky it didn't split the lines and burst into flames.

K_reg: Stop listening to the 'tards, bodging is not the way to go. Do it right or don't bother if not for the safety aspect, half arsing is a sure fire way of having problems over and over.

sorry i forgot to mention that i changed my fuel lines to brand new metal ones that i made up myself!!!!! so just because i forgot to say i changed them dont start calling me a tard i have worked with cars for years and havent had any complaints about wot i do and how things have come out!!!

phazer
29-10-09, 09:55 PM
sorry i forgot to mention that i changed my fuel lines to brand new metal ones that i made up myself!!!!! so just because i forgot to say i changed them dont start calling me a tard i have worked with cars for years and havent had any complaints about wot i do and how things have come out!!!

lol

The guy clearly doesn't know what he's doing and is getting duff advice and you choose not to mention perhaps the most important bit when doing a carb to injection conversion.

I stand by my previous comments, oh and chill, 'tis only the internet.

LEWI007
30-10-09, 07:49 AM
Well i think the best way to do it would be to build the engine and swap it into the car, then buy a gsi petrol tank and fit it BUT i dont know how to hook the pump up, mines a mk1 nova from 1987, it didnt come with a pump so i dont know where the wires are supposed to go.

is there a guide anywhere for fitting the gsi tanks ?

Steve
30-10-09, 10:46 AM
In all honesty, if you really don't know what you're doing then you'll probably have an accident. I'd either get a mate round that does know whats what or leave to someone with the correct knowledge. No offence. Two of my first modified cars had engine changes which I knew nothing about and got someone that else to do it. Even then one of them still had the carb lines in place with an injection engine which I knew nothing about! :eek:

As the old saying goes, better safe than sorry!

LEWI007
30-10-09, 12:30 PM
Well i can ask about for a hand to fit it, but if no ones gonna help then theres only 1 way to learn

phazer
30-10-09, 06:38 PM
Look, don't let a bit of piss taking put you off from asking questions. Everyone had to learn BUT know where your limit is and get assistance with those bits. Don't bodge it and think 'it'll be alright' as it won't be, whatever some might say.

When you've got the engine built, come back and ask about the fuel lines and tank etc. Hell if I can get at that side of the car I might even be able to take some pics for you. I do know there are some pics kicking around on here that show which hose goes where so have a search and see what comes up.

As with most internet forums, you're going to have to get good at filtering out the bad information.