PDA

View Full Version : rear seat belts

SR Kyle
22-10-09, 12:11 AM
does my car need rear seat belts there is no hoes in the rear pillar cover for them to mount its a c reg 1.2 nova i dont want to get a fine or anything as i got pulled tonite and the oficers let me off but it took a lot of persuadig them

AlexW
22-10-09, 12:26 AM
Might have not come from factory but its a wise choice to fit.

The holes (according to haynes) are in the metal.

johnny_turbo
22-10-09, 12:26 AM
no you dont need them with the age of your car

SR Kyle
22-10-09, 12:28 AM
what do i say to the boys in blue then .or will most ov them know

comptoncj
22-10-09, 12:29 AM
pre 1985 tis ok not to have rear seatbelts i think that was when the law changed

SR Kyle
22-10-09, 12:30 AM
thanks for replys guys much apreciated

johnny_turbo
22-10-09, 12:33 AM
just ask them what year ends of a car that does not have to have rear seat belts. 1986 was the last year not to have rear seat belts if i rember correctley (sp) might be some D regs aswell. my c reg dint have rear seat belts for mot and they said that it dint need them because of the age of the car mine is 1986

brainsnova
22-10-09, 12:39 AM
just ram his head in the back and say point to the ****in mountings then

SR Kyle
22-10-09, 12:55 AM
I tried that but because it has sr seats with pegs for the stalks rear cards with the lil belt stays and a parcel shelf with holes for the belt to go through they got funy about it
And wernt very hapy they said and they thort id just taken them out the sados lol

Andy
22-10-09, 09:09 AM
If you feel up the pillar where they normally are you will find the threaded hole already there on both sides if you have to/want to fit them.And the buckle points are bunged up in the floor.Explain to the thick cunnts that it wouldnt have an MOT if they were needed,which they arent on your car otherwise they would obviously be there.

Nova_Tek
22-10-09, 10:02 AM
My 1.2 Nova is a '85 C reg too, it has all the mounting holes in the piilars (you can feel for the hole), the little plastic pegs on the seats (merit seats), the slot in the rear parcel side panels, the hole for the inertia reel behind the boot panels and the actual buckle fixing point under the base of the rear seats too, albeit coeverd by a gromet. If the car didn't come with seatbelts then you don't need them. Been pulled by the feds a couple times with passengers in the rear for checks and they never once mentioned my rear seatbelts.

If you fit them yourself you must use them from that point on for ever ever, for ever ever! lol

Guderian
22-10-09, 12:09 PM
Yeah the cut off point (date of registration) is 1987, either jan or april, i forget which. My D plate cav had none; My E plate cav had them.

if any doubt at MOT time you need the factory blanking plug, to insert in the hole in the 'c' post. As for the police, they were just trying it on and had a lack of knowledge in this specific area.

Also note around this time the little 4w side indicators in the wings became compulsory. Although some were fitted on earlier cars as an option.

Jon_nova1
22-10-09, 12:38 PM
My 92 mazda doesn't have wing indicators lol

a C reg doesn't need seatbelts though, i know this...because i was sat in the back of a mates c reg xe lol

Plug
22-10-09, 01:08 PM
my b reg has full seat belts apart from the lap belt