PDA

View Full Version : car packed up last night.

*Dave*
21-10-09, 10:36 PM
was out with a few mates last night and noticed that my oil pressure had dropped dramaticly all of a sudden a causing the oil light to come on and the engine started tapping so i turned it off straight away.

engine is an x16xe and i had only done 300 miles in it since it being back on the road after i did head rebuild and big ends.

so i pulled the lump out today and started stripping it down as im and going to completely rebuild the bottom end.

took the sump off and the oil was a bit '' metalicy ''and had a patch of ''mayo'' at the bottom of rod cap on cylinder 3.

anyway got few prices today and from SBD i may buy their oil pump upgrade parts, solid steel pump gear and nylon relief valv. but at a heavy price of £130. but i assume this should be a sensible mod.
any suggestions on what i should do? as i need it to be strong and reliable, not that fussed on getting more power at the mo as ill just get cams.

cheers.:thumb: :thumb:

AlexW
21-10-09, 11:11 PM
lol You dont have much luck with engines do you!

Lee H
21-10-09, 11:36 PM
Get a real engine again? Big block ftw!

AlexW
21-10-09, 11:37 PM
He had a bigblock, that went tits up lol

Lee H
21-10-09, 11:40 PM
That's why I said again but do it properly this time!

General Baxter
21-10-09, 11:45 PM
you must be doing something really wrong,

adams old x16 had its life thrashed out of it, then i had it, still worked, then it still lives on in burgos lol

*Dave*
22-10-09, 12:04 AM
well ill get a company to do the bottom end,

just took the head of and the oiul pump, took the pump apart and nothing obviously wrong apart from the releif valv is catching ever so slightly and has a bit of play as it slided up and down the pump.

Nobby
22-10-09, 08:00 AM
2.0 xe ftw!!!

skidmarkz
22-10-09, 10:53 AM
lol Dave, your engine building skills are poop!!!! my single XE lasted 4 engine rebuilds you done ? lol and my sump didnt leak!

Im quiet busy but im sure i can help you build a propper engine if you like!!! :P

mayhem
22-10-09, 02:46 PM
why a nylon relief valve? so that it can wear and still loose oil pressure?

strange thing... CIH engines have a nylon valve OEM, and the upgrade is to put a metal one in it... and the XE boys replace the OEM metal one for a nylon...

Adam
22-10-09, 03:04 PM
then i had it, still worked,
I never thought id hear that from you lollollollol

*Dave*
23-10-09, 06:36 PM
got some news on my engine today,

bores/block is fine along with the crank,oil pump f*cked, pistons are 4 thou under so i need new pistons.

could get it bored out for an extra £100 but may just leave it standard size ands have it honed.
where can i get new pistons from?

cant afford forged items.

any suggestions?

Southie
23-10-09, 06:48 PM
Your probably better off getting another engine than rebuilding if funds are tight.

auzzy2000
23-10-09, 06:52 PM
my mate has a set of acralites.2239.2.0 bore,race pistons,they have done 1500 miles.hes now up graded to larger ones so does not need these