PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta 1.6 TDCi ?

hc coupe
21-10-09, 05:17 PM
http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=990078189

I'm looking into buying myself a new daily driver before my current one falls apart.

So I figured what better people to ask than you guys ?

I "is" currently looking at a Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi Zetec (old shape one now...MK 6?) .

Main reason are :

Cheap insurance : group 6
Cheap Tax : £50 a year
Looks alright plus half leather seats too

What are your thoughts ? Or what would you recommend instead.

I've got about £8,000 .

jonn
21-10-09, 05:26 PM
they should be ok. we had a 1.4 tcdi ford fusion and it was a rocket to go but now we have a focus c-max 1.6 tdci. good on diesel buy looks like a family car

Count Vaux Alot
21-10-09, 05:33 PM
The turbos love to fail.....a lot so check for noise/smoke/lack of power first. other than that they are good cars

Mike
21-10-09, 06:19 PM
There fantastic cars if well looked after. A lass i know who has one (1.4 TDCi) as a second car had it from new, its now at 100k an the ONLY problem shes ever had with it is the turbo blanket set on fire (very minor smouldering in fact).

Runs sweet as nut, she had it chipped/mapped an still runs bang on.

Ben
21-10-09, 06:35 PM
ive got a mondeo tdci and its excellent!

craig green
21-10-09, 06:49 PM
The 1.4 is dismal, but the 1.6 is said to be much nicer. I couldnt find any torque anywhere in the rev range.

I had an 07 plate company Fester, so feel like I knew it fairly well. 20k I did in mine from new.

Stuart
21-10-09, 09:02 PM
AMAZING cars!!!!!!

work had a 1.4 NON intercooled derv and it was such great fun to drive, great on the motorway (didnt feel knackered at each end like I doe with 99% of VAG cars :( )

They handle really well and ride well for a std factory car too.

tony k
22-10-09, 08:47 AM
ive got one there good little cars,watch out for the window regulators as they are crap and always break had 4 already,also the tax is £35 a year,oh and abother thing aswell,check its had the extra hoel drilled out for the doors to let the water out of it as they get blocked up alot,also watch out if you lower them as you can bend the driveshafts on them,as what mine has done,still gotta sort it tho

Welsh Dan
22-10-09, 11:35 AM
ive got a mondeo tdci and its excellent!

+1.

hc coupe
22-10-09, 01:34 PM
Well that seems all very positive then.

Next question is re-mapping . . . any long term effects damage wise?

I don't drive with too much enthusiasm, but do clean the pipes out now and agaian.

Welsh Dan
22-10-09, 01:46 PM
A remap won't do any harm, there are a few mappers out there that will make a map for your car rather than just using a standard one. Consider a decat and a bigger intercooler first though :).

Ben
22-10-09, 02:28 PM
with quite a lot of the maps for the tdci you can increase torque and bhp and increase mpg,

tony k
22-10-09, 02:47 PM
these are the only ones i know of at the mo mate,alot of rolling road places say get the bluefin from superchips,i wann get mine on a rolling road,track n road wont do it oh
http://www.tdocuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1481

hc coupe
22-10-09, 03:40 PM
This is what I keep hearing ; increased full efficiency , power and torque , however I'm unsure about the long term effects with it wearing part's (clutch/box/turbo...ect).

It seems sensible to get the diesel version over the petrol equivalent to save on running cost (such as insurance and tax will save me well over £200 a year) but get it mapped to have a similar performance as the petrol version.

Well this is the thought behind it anyway !!

Stuart
22-10-09, 06:28 PM
I'd sooner have naked cuddles with Ben than get a bluefin/superchips "remap" on any car...

Tony, Ask the steves at TnR if they can get Nigel to do you a calibration. It might not be silly cheap, but it will be funking great!

Ben
22-10-09, 06:28 PM
the performance gains arent enough to cause increased wear on the box clutch only your driving style is the danger here, as for the turbo etc if you get a reasonably well looked after low mileage car then you really wont notice any increase on these parts.

Ben
22-10-09, 06:29 PM
I'd sooner have naked cuddles with Ben than get a bluefin/superchips "remap" on any car...

rofl now that would be a sight for sore eyes lol

7ova
22-10-09, 09:19 PM
we have a load of these at work as vans
and there good to drive, biggest common problems
we have had is the seals go in the injectors and leak
had about six go back to the dealer under warranty less
than a year old.

i've taken a couple of gearbox's out to change
the clutch slave cyliners that leak. allso allready been said
but the front door drain holes get blocked up and the doors
fill up with water.
and the road tax is £35 a year and i've been
told its going to go down to £30 soon :thumb:

apart from that the fiesta's are bang on
every make of car has common problems.

my wife love's her fiesta's she's had several
old and new shape zetec s's, a ST
at the moment she's got a black 06 zetec s
its really good to drive and i think its a better engine
than the derv, but thats only my choice

hope you find a good one mate
stu :thumb:

tony k
23-10-09, 09:31 AM

Tony, Ask the steves at TnR if they can get Nigel to do you a calibration. It might not be silly cheap, but it will be funking great!

im going down there the weekend try and get them to do it lol,will keep bugging them to do it tho

Stuart
23-10-09, 03:36 PM
I doubt they can/will without the gear from Nigel ;) Derv isnt their forte