PDA

View Full Version : digi dash problem

novah108gly
21-10-09, 03:09 PM
yesterday i took my dash apart to try and find out why it wont read in mph, this went well after i found a broken red wire coming from the bottom of the switch:thumb: well so i thaught after driving the car i noticed a problem. The speedo is reading way higher than it should be and i cant understand why because it was working perfect before:confused: any advice welcome:thumb:

Andy
21-10-09, 03:43 PM
There is a red switch at the top of the clocks,move it to next setting.This should cure it

novah108gly
21-10-09, 06:31 PM
There is a red switch at the top of the clocks,move it to next setting.This should cure it

what is that switch for then? and whats it do??

NOVA-KID-93
21-10-09, 06:45 PM
We had the same problem with one the other week, we moved the red switch to the next setting as said by Andy and it cured it so give that a try!!

The red switch is something to do with the pulse from the transducer, it should make the reading from the transducer more accurate. :)

novah108gly
21-10-09, 06:46 PM
We had the same problem with one the other week, we moved the red switch to the next setting as said by Andy and it cured it so give that a try!!

The red switch is something to do with the pulse from the transducer, it should mak the reading from the transducer more accurate. :)

nice one mate

Spudly
21-10-09, 07:00 PM
what is that switch for then? and whats it do??

The little red switch on the top of the dash was originally intended to switch the dash to read for two different profiles of tyres. If I remember rightly, on earlier dashboards, the switch seemed to have little or no effect. On later dashboards it would switch between the AH (6 impulse) and AK (16 impulse) senders.

Quoted from user 'BBD' ob VODC.