PDA

View Full Version : I love my 1.2.. kept up with a cavvy 1.6 or was it a 1.8?!

Nova Modder
13-03-03, 11:27 PM
well... i saw a white cavileer fly accross the roundabout at olbury ( i was on the carrige way comming from toys r u ( m5 j2 )

well... as you do when u see someone driving that insanely... i droped the box and ragged it round the rounabout off the left exit to follow heeheh

flew down the A451 to just b4 the bridge, when a damn truck pulled infront of me... had to wait a few secs for the carrigeway to turn double again..

then.. VROOM... the chase was on again...

managed to catch up with him at the roundabout buy the kwiksafe just off the top of the A4031

Accross the Barren roundabout at 50.. we raced.. neck and neck all the way upto the next roundabout, but he had the outside lane so had the better line accross it, we both nearly were killed by a coach.. but was soon forgotten..

road now called toll house way.. both cars screaming.. we fly down it and through the lights at the end of it they were green so we went.. this took us past smethwick town center... and now the road name changes again to soho way

again the lights were green so we scream past, but UGRAGH... speed camera ahead...

my budding opponent shows no signs of slowing untill i flash him and stick my hazards on...

40mph EXACTLY we crawl accross the trap zone...

IT OVER.. drop the box down to 2nd.. we take off his better power shows once again, and he pulls ahead again.. but not far..

another roundabout ahead.. i fall into position behind him... but he doesnt go straight over onto the other bit if dual carrige way.. he goes down the B4135 Cranford st...

i know this street has some horrible blind corners (2) but i persue vigilently on his bumper as we roar past the petrol station at the start of the road..

the first blind corner approaces fast... do i go full wack... do i slow...
the cavileer again shows NO signs of slowing... but my nerve fails, me, i touch the brake slightly... round the corner, and drop the box to catch back up...

the cavileer then decides to over take a slower car at the next blind corner... IS HE FOR REAL!

he makes it.. no fatal accident...

my turn... i keep the gear low, revs high... im right up the ass of the slower car... peeking to see rnd the corner... i get a glance.. it clear.. i roar off...

the cavileer is ahead but about 100m...

i squeeze every last bit of HP i can from my baby 1.2 nova but he gets to the lights first, and signals to turn left to go past winson green prison..

i pip my horn and shout, gr8 race man.. nice drivin...

we then go our seperate ways..

heart beating... i return home and write this lill editorial of what went on

**phew**

Nova Modder
13-03-03, 11:29 PM
goto www.streetmap.co.uk to see where all this happened :D

mikeoxford
13-03-03, 11:32 PM
:o ur mad

whitey
13-03-03, 11:37 PM
Seconded

Nova Modder
13-03-03, 11:38 PM
lol i enjoyed EVERY second of it lol!

most of it was UN-SPEED CAMERISED dual carrageway... and it was completely empty... cept for the truck, coach and slow car.. :)

mikeoxford
13-03-03, 11:40 PM
wudnt u be gutted if u lost ur licence?

Nova Modder
13-03-03, 11:44 PM
was doin 40 past the speed camera...

whitey
13-03-03, 11:44 PM
Or killed someone and lost your freedom to a 6 month or more jail sentence!?!?

Cant be too serious, but gotta stop and think now and again!

Nova Modder
13-03-03, 11:46 PM
i dont do this all the time... this was the first time ive raced...

and if anyone killed n e 1 it would be the cav driver... he was infront the whole time, pretty much... only caught up with him properly at the lights

Fester
14-03-03, 12:03 AM
sorry m8 got bored after the first few lines

Dannova12
15-03-03, 01:01 AM
and this is the reason why nova drivers get a bad reputation!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont drive like a knob!

Nova Modder
15-03-03, 01:52 AM
how was i drivin like a nob...

i was drivin better than dem pratts down bloody merry hill

now THEY are nobs

road was dry/clear

visibility was good/excelent

danger to others = low/nill

my tyres = 4 brand new priellie 6000

courtenaynova
15-03-03, 05:39 AM
Read my post about street racing if U can find it.

Or look in the album under 'Misc Pics'. 'Car on its roof'

Dan
15-03-03, 08:12 AM
how was i drivin like a nob

Errrmmmm well u started this thread lol,

we both nearly were killed by a coach.. but was soon forgotten..

= driving like a nob, i assume as you say this was your first race and your joy of racing like an idiot against a 1.6 cav means that you havent been driving that long so your actual driving experience is fairly minimum.

So yes you was driving like a nob, we all done it once or twice and are guilty, and argueing that you wasn't driving like a nob after writing all that twaddle at the beginning just makes you look even stupider!

Nova Modder
15-03-03, 12:08 PM
dont u h8 slow as cunts.. grr

did the road u wer on have a solid white line by any chance?

krobinson
15-03-03, 12:20 PM
I'll say nothing :lol:

whitey
15-03-03, 02:00 PM
What were you doin 162mph in!? Usually you dont notice or even get to that speed unless you are on a bike!

Nova Modder
15-03-03, 06:39 PM
ok ok... i was drivin like a nob..

just glad i didnt run outta fuel LOL.. the needle was on the red lmao!! wouldda bin funny tho :)

Wiggie
15-03-03, 07:22 PM
nova modder....did you take a GCSE in how to write a novel? lol. ja wanna do my coureswork? lol. anyway least you backed down. what size engine you got in your nova?

wisewood
15-03-03, 07:24 PM
most of us have done it at one time or another...
i just dont see how you thought its something worth bragging about.

street racing is stupid and very dangerous.

overtaking someone who is going a bit slower than you want to is ok if you got the power for it... but you must have known you werent gonna get past him easily and cruise away.

just daft if you ask me.

wisewood
15-03-03, 07:47 PM
i was gonna get passed him easily

it was a decision unrivlaed by anythng other then "daddy or chips"

i wasnt talkin about you mate, nothin much you wouldnt get passed easily :lol:

LMFAO@the big question.

Nova Modder
15-03-03, 08:59 PM
@ wiggie

i got a 1.2 nova
so the power/weight ratio ment i could keep up ( couldent pass the twat, but hey, i didnt get owned either )

@ wise

i could actually pass the slower car easily seeing as he/she was doing about 25/30mph and i was in 2nd with revvs nice and high

i just WAS NOT gonna do it round a blind corner... i like living

most of the race was along straight dual caragie way, and almost straight routse over roundabouts

locky
15-03-03, 09:33 PM
Got bored readin the posts! just wanna say i raced a clio, doin 74/76 in a 30 i shitmyself as i could av lost my licence! wont be doin that 4 a while! this was at 2 am! neway, got 2 that speed, i pulled in the inside lane and let him get past! just got a bit silly!

Nova Modder
15-03-03, 09:36 PM
cool
whats the specs of ya car?

scott5
15-03-03, 09:37 PM
well... i saw a white cavileer fly accross the roundabout at olbury

well... as you do when u see someone driving that insanely... i droped the box and ragged it round the rounabout off the left exit to follow heeheh

VROOM... the chase was on...

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

i pip my horn and shout, gr8 race man.. nice drivin...

.......and then u woke up!!

Nova Modder
15-03-03, 09:38 PM
yeah i shouted that... fcuk knows if he heard me or not.. :|

Wiggie
16-03-03, 07:25 PM
:roll:

Chris LR
16-03-03, 07:43 PM
I'll often have a blast away at the lights, and when certain roads are totally clear of traffic I'll move the middle and put the car (SR not LR) throught it's paces.

But I certainly don't race other cars for long distances. Thats best left to the pricks of this world. What possible enjoyment is there in killing someone/yourself, being fined, being banned, losing your licence and forking out more for insurace in process????

My best Acchievement was keeping pace with a Vectra SRi up to 65mph then it said goodbye and went. Also leaving a Nova stalled at the lights in me Landy

Nova Modder
16-03-03, 11:24 PM
well theres a dual carrige way i always travel on commin to/from my gf's house... the lights there are like a drag strip... and ppl race all the time

( long perfectly straight road, not a built up area **no ppl** and they goto the bridge ( which is the m5 ) which means theres at least 6-700m to slow down and stop

most of the time one of em is hammered by the other b4 then anyway..

so guys, is off the lights racin frowned upon.. u know 1/4 mile stuff.. or do you guys only ever belive in ppl paying out GOD ONLY KNOWS how much money going to track days that the have to spend like ?20 fuel gettin there ?50 fuel racin all day, then another ?20 fuel gettin home, pluss food, entry, repairs after..

or just the odd race off the lights in a straight line for 1/4 mile for free in the direction they were headed anyway to go where their going.. ?

Wiggie
17-03-03, 06:42 PM
yeah you do have a point micky, but i think the point everyone was making earlier was that "nova modder" made it sound like he was braggin. it aint realy sumit you should be proud of. although i say say shit really as im still 16 and w8ing to get my licence and get my buity out there.

Wiggie

Nova Modder
17-03-03, 07:45 PM
i wernt braggin.. i just havent see anyone describe a race theyve had... so i made my self ( what i think ) the first